Mysteries II

Mysteries II

A Poem by Maxinne Marie
"

Got the betrayed-warrior-turned-assassin idea from all the Warcraft Defense of the Ancients (DotA) playing I do.

"

 

Darkness engulfed the horizons. A hint of smile curved upon my lips as I thought of something I once believed to be real - the inexistent reality of you and me. For some time you became my mentor, my ally, my protector. I led battles with you by my side. In the end, I stood alone.

 

Yet, I could never allow myself to fall. I knew, somehow, that I did not need the one whom I believed was my hero. You could not save me. You were a lie. Everything about you, everything you did, everything you ever told me were all lies.

 

I finally realized how strong I was when I stopped trusting you. My power roused me. And I destroyed the nemesis.

 

I finally found that I was the only one who could save me.

 

You were my mentor, my ally, my protector. I loved you. But you turned out to be a lie. Veracity to you was a blinding light, and hiding from it was your strength. To me, it was weakness.

 

You are gone, betrayer - silenced by my own blade. All that was unspoken will be left unspoken. I do not need to know. I wish to be left in the dark, for in mystery, I find my freedom.

 

And now, with a wicked little smile, I wait. In the shadows, I stay. Betrayers will be silenced. For justice. For truth.

 

 

July 16, 2007 © Maxinne Marie

© 2008 Maxinne Marie


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I like it.
A little angsty, but still its ok.
"For justice. For truth"
I'm just wondering though if for a bit more of a hit at the end you could aim for more powerful words that meant truth and justice. I'm sorry but just feel it could be more. =)
But still I like it all the same.

Posted 16 Years Ago


8 of 8 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

A wonderful prose work...very reflective and self empowering......reminiscent of the jagged little pill theory. Thanks for sharing such a personal work.

Posted 16 Years Ago


6 of 6 people found this review constructive.

wow, marie......nice...the words like a battle.
An emotional black jack, you understand structure very well.
I would love to write with you at som point in time online.

Posted 16 Years Ago


6 of 6 people found this review constructive.

This is so powerful, so raw. I can relate it seems to describe how i am feeling and yes ultimatly i think each individual can only rely on themselves!

Posted 16 Years Ago


6 of 6 people found this review constructive.

hmm-this is interesting! almost feels like a superhero rising! nice job. just one thing, inexistent should be nonexistant. :) thank you for inviting me over!

Posted 16 Years Ago


6 of 6 people found this review constructive.

Yes! You found him out, you have been betrayed, but
the liar has to live with that and you are whole, you survive.
So, cheer up and start anew, for you have discovered a great
wisdom, the truth and strength resides in you.
This is a very nice poem, a story of misplaced affection.
I like your work and aplaud your effort, your talent shines.
---- Eagle Cruagh

Posted 16 Years Ago


6 of 6 people found this review constructive.

This is almost scary. I liked this very much. Great write dearest. Poetic and a nice fantasy story.

My power roused me. -------- I liked this sentence. superb. Please read me, too in revanche. thx in advance.

Posted 16 Years Ago


6 of 7 people found this review constructive.

I like it.
A little angsty, but still its ok.
"For justice. For truth"
I'm just wondering though if for a bit more of a hit at the end you could aim for more powerful words that meant truth and justice. I'm sorry but just feel it could be more. =)
But still I like it all the same.

Posted 16 Years Ago


8 of 8 people found this review constructive.


3
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

290 Views
27 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 8, 2008
Last Updated on March 22, 2008

Author

Maxinne Marie
Maxinne Marie

Iloilo City, Western Visayas, Philippines



About
The Flightless Angel Maxinne Marie Belo Sentina. Portrait photographer, beauty/fashion blogger, aspiring musical theatre singer, poet, mermaid, RN. Graduated from West Visayas State University. Loves.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Silent Decade Silent Decade

A Poem by Bubo