Don't Fall In Love

Don't Fall In Love

A Poem by Maxinne Marie
"

Just don't.

"

I've become comfortably numb
Being alone. On my own.
No more tears
Just fake smiles
No more feelings
No love left to hide
Every memory of what had been
Are fallen leaves
Scattered by the wind
Every thought of him
Are wasted teardrops
Frozen with snow
Every feeling I used to know
All the love I used to show
Now lost, now gone
And this heart of mine,
A dead rose
That refuses to grow again
Its withered petals fall,
Shatter away again
So delicate, so breakable
Yet numb in pain again
As cold and hard as stone
But so broken and alone
Without my wings
I cannot soar
I can't hold on
So I'm letting go
I can't fall again
Into this insanity
Afraid that it was all
Not meant to be
So tired of pretending
So sick of living a lie
Emotionless yet frozen inside
My soul does not feel
My eyes do not want to see
And so I move on
With a heart that denies to beat

© 2008 Maxinne Marie


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

this poem was so sad took me back to a time in my own life when some jerk of a guy broke my heart ...So I understand what you were feeling when you wrote this, very nice write.

Posted 17 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

ah, brings back familiar times to me, that fake smile, a smile can fool the world, it is hard to break free of those habits tho ya know, because they become so comfortable, nothing comes in and nothing goes out, eventually wounding yourself even more, this was a good piece tho, kudos

Posted 17 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow, I really like this poem. I can relate to this poem, I went through something very similar to this, not so long ago. Great stuff, another well piece.

Posted 17 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Intense...heartbreak put very nicely into words. It's a difficult emotion to depict with words because it's so broad but I think you've accomplished that here. I felt heartbroken when reading this...it was like reading a memory. Wonderful!

Posted 17 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I can't fall again

Damn. This, at least to me, is the best line out of the entire poem. Oh, the rest of it is good enough; certainly good enough to read, but this line told me what Love feels like to you, or the narrator of this poem. You see, I can't say that I've ever been in Love, but I can think of at least two times that I might've been but just didn't know it. And although it aint all negativity and darkness, in the end, it sure as hell felt like a fall to me. All I'd suggest it that you go over this again with a fine tooth comb and pick out what doesn't need to be there, certain words, commas, etc. God knows, I've got to do this all the time with my work, as i'm as talky on paper as I am in real life. LOL. But make no mistake, this is nice work. Keep writing.

Hawksmoor...From The Bleed.


Posted 17 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

this has TONS of potential, I just felt as though it were very fragmented - it jumped around, avoiding anything real and tangible. Very few images brought me to where you were. However, there was a brilliancy to many of the lines. EDIT my dear - something I was always so against, but it will rock your world, and this poem!


Posted 17 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You had a plethra of memorable lines in this poem. i don't know where to start. But misery and articulation were mixed together to make this work well.

" And this heart of mine,
A dead rose That refuses to grow again Its withered petals fall,"

That is probably the best line I have heard in weeks on here. Nice work, but don't give up on love though.


Posted 17 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I've always thought one of the most beautiful (things) in existence is the fate of unrequited love. Beautiful because it is real; it means you're alive- it produces strong emotions, sometimes poetry- like this.
It is also sad when it's inevitable. I'm sorry for what you went through, and I hope your heart no longer denies the beating that it needs.

Posted 17 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow. That was astonishing. And I'm sorry, for what it's worth.

I knew this piece would be worth the time once it began with I've become comfortably numb - I'm a huge Pink Floyd fan.

Your continual reference to your heart, your love, as a part of nature was totally great. I definitely felt as though the piece lost SOME of its steam towards the end, but only since I've become accustomed to brevity.

Great Piece. Definitely worth more than 4, but I couldn't give a 5.

Thanks for the read.

Posted 17 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

209 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 22, 2008

Author

Maxinne Marie
Maxinne Marie

Iloilo City, Western Visayas, Philippines



About
The Flightless Angel Maxinne Marie Belo Sentina. Portrait photographer, beauty/fashion blogger, aspiring musical theatre singer, poet, mermaid, RN. Graduated from West Visayas State University. Loves.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..