Escape

Escape

A Chapter by Sci-Fan
"

This is the third chapter. Hope you enjoy it. I know it is kind of short but I haven't uploaded writing for a while.

"

He sat up shivering.
    “Where are we going?” he asked quietly in a small voice.
    “Hey the squirt is awake,” said a soldier. He had a rough voice and a cruel smile painted onto his twisted features. The cart stopped and a knight jumped down from the driver’s seat. The rain pinged against his armor.
    “Hey keep quiet!” he said harshly, kicking Zale. Zale shivered but didn’t say anything knowing his life depended on it. The cart started moving again, bouncing along the uneven trail. The cold rain stopped for a bit giving Zale a chance to warm up a bit. Zale took the chance to look around the contents of the cart. It carried the usual stuff like old sacks of grain, woven baskets that contained fruit, even some old squire rags and knight uniforms. The cart stopped with a lurch. Zale sat up in the back but was quickly shoved down by a knight.
    “Get down!” the soldier yelled. Zale quickly ducked down. The driver of the cart hopped out and walked up to a small cluster of buildings. His polished sword glinted ominously in the pale sunlight. Zale peeked cautiously over  the side of the cart.
    “ Open up!” shouted the knight banging his fist against the door. The door opened slowly revealing a boy a couple years older then Zale. The other boy said something inaudible and the knight nodded slowly. Waving his hand the soldier called the other knights to come over to him. Zale looked around, only one guard was left. Zale picked up some of the squire rags. He tucked them carefully under his shirt. He turned towards the grain bags next. He gripped handfuls of the food and put them in his pockets; it might be a while before he could eat again. Zale vaulted over the side and knelt down. The knight didn’t move so he sped off into the woods. As he entered the tree cover he heard a sharp crack. Zale winced. He turned around and saw the guard charging at him.
    “The prisoner’s escaping!” he yelled taking out a bow. Zale’s eyes widened, a bow. The most prized weapon of the Outsiders. With it you could hunt, you could defend yourself against wild animals. It was a source of wealth, ample food, and power. Zale stacked up the odds the bow would improve his chances of survival in the Wild, but would he be strong enough to get it from the soldier? Without much thought Zale ran at the knight his greed overcoming him. The knight didn’t expect this, what ten year old in his right mind would attack a fully grown knight? Taking hold of the bow Zale snatched it out of his hands and started to run frantically to the forest. The knight’s shouts had signaled the other knights which were climbing up the hill. Stumbling over roots and crashing through plant life Zale ran deeper into the forest, the time of stealth was behind him. He disappeared from the knight’s view. The other group of soldiers ran up to him.
    “What happened?” one barked abruptly,” Where’s the prisoner?”
    “He escaped into the woods,” the soldier replied sullenly. Another knight laughed.
    “He won’t survive out there, no one can live in the Wild alone,” he said. Another nodded.
    “No one’s ever come back,” he said,” We’ll leave him to die in there. Don’t tell the king about him, he must not no.” The knights mounted their horses again. One leading the cart snapped his reins.
    “On to the castle!” he shouted.
 



© 2009 Sci-Fan


Author's Note

Sci-Fan
Please review! I would enjoy constructive comments.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Ah! I was wondering when he'd run, haha, anyhow I guess I don't have much to say... Other then good job I suppose, I know how much you guys hate me lecturing you on details, so I just won't say it. But actually you're getting better at it.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

168 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 25, 2009


Author

Sci-Fan
Sci-Fan

Seattle, WA



About
I haven't been writing in a while, but I'm still on once in a while to check up on my account more..

Writing
Dark Days Dark Days

A Chapter by Sci-Fan


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Sci-Fan