Waylon Park 2

Waylon Park 2

A Chapter by Sarah J Dhue
"

My Outlast (and Outlast: Whistleblower) fan-fiction. I wrote it before playing Outlast 2. I want to share it with other Outlast fans.

"

I kneel over the body of my wife, tears rolling down my cheeks as I helplessly reach for her.  I put my hand under the back of her neck, my fingers disappearing in her thick blonde hair as I draw her close to me.  I close her staring eyes with my fingers; there, now it almost looks like she is sleeping.  She is limp and lifeless, but still warm as I embrace her, resting my cheek against her forehead.  I break into sobs.  This is my fault.  I should never have uploaded the footage.  Should have kept my mouth shut; maybe Jeremy Blaire knew what he was talking about after all.

“I’m so sorry baby,” I whisper, kissing her temple.  I keep her held close, running my free hand back through my hair.  What do I do now?  Without Lisa, I feel lost: alone.  The Walrider managed to find me.  That man, the one I saw before I drove down the mountain, was right here in my house.  I look down at Lisa’s vacant face.  He did this.  I will find him and kill him - him and the Walrider.  I will finish what I started.

I gently lay Lisa down and stand up, wiping away my tears with the back of my hand.  I grab the phone on the kitchen wall and dial.  I put the phone to my ear and it rings twice before I hear the click of someone picking up the other end.

“Hello?”  I hear Julian’s voice, tinged with his Australian accent.

“Lisa’s dead,” I say, my voice hoarse.

“What!?  Waylon, is that you?”  Julian sounds alarmed and, hell, he should be.

“Yes.  Remember… remember the end of the footage I showed you?”

“Of course I do.  How could I forget, it was right disturbing.  I'm still amazed you managed to get out of that place alive.”

“He found me,” I feel tears welling up in my eyes again as my voice wavers, “that dark figure, whoever he was �" the Walrider �" was in my house.  He murdered my wife…”  I break into sobs again.

“Waylon, I warned you-” Julian starts, but I cut him off.

“You warned me that Murkoff would come after us.  I never dreamed that the Walrider would find me.  I’m just glad that the boys weren’t here.”  I take a moment to collect myself before I say, “Julian, I called because I need you to clean this up.  I do not want the press getting ahold of this.”  I lower my voice.  “I am going after him.”

“I will do what I can about the press.  But, Waylon, you can’t go after him.  I can’t do anything to protect you from that.  I can shield you from corporate entities all day.  But demons?  Waylon, think about what you’re saying.”

“I have to finish what I started.  I know what I am saying.”  I start to hang up the phone, but bring it back to my face.  “And Julian �" thank you.  Thank you for helping me do the right thing, for helping me start to dig Murkoff’s grave… thank you for trying to protect me.”  I hang up the phone before he can respond.

I take off my suit and leave it on the kitchen floor.  After all, it is covered with Lisa’s blood and leaving it there will make it easier for the VIRALeaks team to clean up.  I walk upstairs and rummage through my drawers for some clothes to put on �" a baseball jersey and jeans.  I throw a few other random garments into a small suitcase and pull on my red sneakers.

I exit through the back door - doing my best to avoid looking at Lisa - and walk to my blue SUV.  I open the driver door, throwing my suitcase into the passenger seat.  I turn to look up at my house: the place where Lisa and I started our life together, the place where we started to raise our two boys, the place I was so desperate to get back to as I ran through the halls of Mount Massive, and now, the place where my wife was killed.

I climb into the car and slam the door shut behind me.  I rest my hands on the steering wheel.  How am I going to find him?  I suppose it shouldn’t be too hard, since the Engine turned me into some kind of Geiger counter for the Walrider.  I put the key in the ignition and turn on the car, the motor roaring to life.  I back out of my driveway and head down the road.  A sudden screeching in my head causes me to almost run off the road.  I quickly pull over to the curb and shift into Park.  I must have been close, for a moment.  Good God, I know where he is going.

I take a moment to recover before shifting back into Drive.  I slam my foot down on the gas pedal and speed off toward the place I swore I would never return to �" Mount Massive Asylum.



© 2018 Sarah J Dhue


Author's Note

Sarah J Dhue
My Outlast (and Outlast: Whistleblower) fan-fiction. I wrote it before playing Outlast 2. I want to share it with other Outlast fans. That being said, if you have not played the games or do not have an extensive knowledge of them, the story will likely not make sense, seeing as I literally picked up my story where they left off.

Julian is also known as Simon Peacock.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

122 Views
Added on February 18, 2018
Last Updated on February 18, 2018
Tags: SarahJDhue, Sarah J Dhue, Dhue, story, fiction, fan, fan fiction, Outlast, Outlast Whistleblower, Whistleblower, Red Barrels, Miles Upshur, Waylon Park, Walrider, Lisa, Mount Massive, Julian, Murkoff


Author

Sarah J Dhue
Sarah J Dhue

In the author's lair, IL



About
I am Sarah J Dhue. I am an author, as well as a photographer & graphic designer, currently going to school for web design. I've been writing since I was in elementary school. I live in Illinois. My f.. more..

Writing