Molten

Molten

A Poem by Scott A. Williams
"

As always, here I am trying to figure out women: not unlike a number of my other pieces.

"
She's cold on the surface
but hot in her core
the deeper I dig,
I want to dig more.
The heat of her magma
could do me some harm
but I need to get through
to where it is warm.

I like how she seems
to seep through in vents,
revealing herself
despite her intents:
a volcano I worry
will someday explode,
I'm stuck in her path,
there's no other road.

© 2010 Scott A. Williams


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

not that it will help you understand women any more than to be expected, but many ancient tribes believed that goddesses lived in volcanoes, and they sacrificed young boys to appease them. Best stay clear of any girl fitting of a volcano metaphor....

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Thanks. It's the act of trying to figure women out that I like, more than the actual result. The opposite sex (for both) always provides an enticing enigma.

Posted 14 Years Ago


A great viewpoint from a guy's perspective..though I don't think you should have to figure someone out to that degree. Women in general are the great mystery.. to men.. just as men are as much of a mystery to women at times. I say just admire the beauty of women.. digging does not always uproot truth and will always destroy a garden.. as everyone has someone who doesn't like them and women are highly competitve.

They will beat each other down in such graceful and elegant ways you won't even realize between the giggles it's being done in some cases! Everyone has good and bad in them.. Hopefully if this is a romance.. you can find the beauty of who she is without having to dig too hard! Great job.



Posted 14 Years Ago


not that it will help you understand women any more than to be expected, but many ancient tribes believed that goddesses lived in volcanoes, and they sacrificed young boys to appease them. Best stay clear of any girl fitting of a volcano metaphor....

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

127 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 13, 2010
Last Updated on March 13, 2010

Author

Scott A. Williams
Scott A. Williams

GTA, Canada



About
Born in Toronto. Raised in the suburbs. Schooled in journalism. Lookin' for meaning in an uncertain world. I spend a lot of time writing for a girl whom I'm not sure exists, but I thought she wasn.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..