The Daylight and the Night

The Daylight and the Night

A Chapter by Cerian
"

Prologue

"

            “NYX! Time to wake up!” yelled Cahaya from down the hallway.

            “Cahaya, nooo.” Mumbled Nyx from under the covers of her nice warm bed. “You do this every morning. Let this morning be a break.” As Cahaya entered her room, where the only light from the sun hid behind the curtains.

            “You know I won’t do that. You got to start being awake during the daytime and being asleep at night. That’s how it’s supposed to work.”

            “I don’t care Cahaya, I can’t function during the daytime.”

            “That’s because you’re always awake all night.”

            I just groaned and pulled the covers over my head. As if that would make Cahaya go away. Which, to be honest, would probably make Cahaya want to wake me up more. For she knows that I’ve been awake well into the daylight already. It was Noon after all, normally I would’ve been asleep by now. If it was not for the fact that my job made me work late.

            Just as I had predicted too Cahaya still persisted on waking me up. She had pulled the covers off just so I couldn’t sleep. She was like that at times, despite that she knows how my temper is when I get grumpy. Still, her bubbly go-lucky nature doesn’t make her think things through quite clearly.

            But, before I knew what was happening, Cahaya, started to pull me out of bed. However, I managed to pull myself away, and jump back into bed. Back into the nice warm blankets that had been so rudely taken off of me in the first place.

            At some point though, I eventually heard the door close. After several more attempts of Cahaya trying to get me out of bed. Each attempt didn’t go very far though. For she probably feared my temper more then she valued her plan to get me on the daytime schedule. In other words, her plan to get me awake during the day and asleep at night. She always had those type of plans. Some of them actually work.

            Soon after that though I drifted off to sleep. To which I would awake to the darkness of the nighttime. In which I functioned the best, while Cahaya couldn’t much function in the nighttime even if she tried. I guess that’s just who she is, a person who functions more during the day. While I am one who just functions more at night. That is probably the way it will always be, forever and ever.




© 2019 Cerian


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

70 Views
Added on January 26, 2019
Last Updated on January 26, 2019
Tags: prologue, horror, blood, trials, teen, daylight, night


Author

Cerian
Cerian

Keizer, OR



About
Hi, I write mostly dystopian stuff and I really like to write poetry sometimes. more..

Writing
Blood Trials Blood Trials

A Book by Cerian