What Color Would You Paint the Sky?

What Color Would You Paint the Sky?

A Poem by realmwriter

  One can paint the sky with words, isn't a picture worth a thousand of them?

 

If love was blue then it would match the sky above and be carried to our hearts on the wings of doves.

 

If love was green then it would look like the grass and crickets would sing its praises all night long.

 

If Love was yellow then it would be the sun. So intense and warm, so bright and full of joy, it would shine down on us like a big fuzzy blanket. 

 

If love was a color, like blue, or green, or yellow, then we wouldn't need a paint brush to paint what is above us. We would use the love we all share between us to paint the sky.

 

Alas, love is red, crimson red, a bleeding at our feet, we pour all we have of it out and receive nothing in return.

 

Love is purple like the pain, we feel in the rain as it hits us, angry that it's not returned, and saddened by being cold and wet.

 

Love is like rust, we do everything we know to remove it, but we are powerless to stop its spread, it cuts like a jagged knifes edge, a wound slow to heal.

 

Love is clear like the waters of a crystal lake, yet we can't see through it to the damage it can do if it's not reflected back at us.

 

Love is black, like the coal we let gather at our feet, like our hardening hearts, to afraid to feel what would surely overwhelm our criticizing souls.

 

If love was a color then we could use it to paint what is above us, so what color would you paint the sky?

© 2011 realmwriter


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Beautiful and masterful, very well done.. I cannot wait to read some more of your work! Keep it up!

Posted 12 Years Ago


This was such a beautiful and heartfelt piece! I highly enjoyed it!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Beautifully written. I smiled all warm and fuzzy and then, you blew my mind showing love's evil twin... "Love is Evol, spell it backwards, I'll show ya." And you showed both the positive and the negative. Fabulous write. I am excited to read more.


Posted 12 Years Ago


a beautiful write, nicely done once again :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


I like this piece a lot--I like where it lives--beautifully done!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Good work,like the way you work through the theme,its an organic poem with a nice kind of sixties feeling.Well done.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Great imagery, yet poetry is a way of portraying an idea in the least amount of words necessary. Yes, there is always the extra articulatory flair and the personal artistic signature that we wish to leave, but honestly consider this work and say, "Can I leave this word out, or that word, or....?"

Posted 12 Years Ago


absolutely beautiful!

Posted 12 Years Ago


I would leave it. It needs no change. Why change it? What could it gain?
Remember the sky. It is the color of words. Remember the sky. Knock and listen. Yell and you will be heard.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1178 Views
50 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 7 Libraries
Added on August 1, 2011
Last Updated on December 16, 2011

Author

realmwriter
realmwriter

Harrison, AR



About
You know, I can write about almost any subject, in poetic form and even an ocasional short story, but I find it most difficult to write about myself. I am an artist at heart and will use whatever m.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Drops Drops

A Poem by RosaliaSky