What Color Would You Paint the Sky?

What Color Would You Paint the Sky?

A Poem by realmwriter

  One can paint the sky with words, isn't a picture worth a thousand of them?

 

If love was blue then it would match the sky above and be carried to our hearts on the wings of doves.

 

If love was green then it would look like the grass and crickets would sing its praises all night long.

 

If Love was yellow then it would be the sun. So intense and warm, so bright and full of joy, it would shine down on us like a big fuzzy blanket. 

 

If love was a color, like blue, or green, or yellow, then we wouldn't need a paint brush to paint what is above us. We would use the love we all share between us to paint the sky.

 

Alas, love is red, crimson red, a bleeding at our feet, we pour all we have of it out and receive nothing in return.

 

Love is purple like the pain, we feel in the rain as it hits us, angry that it's not returned, and saddened by being cold and wet.

 

Love is like rust, we do everything we know to remove it, but we are powerless to stop its spread, it cuts like a jagged knifes edge, a wound slow to heal.

 

Love is clear like the waters of a crystal lake, yet we can't see through it to the damage it can do if it's not reflected back at us.

 

Love is black, like the coal we let gather at our feet, like our hardening hearts, to afraid to feel what would surely overwhelm our criticizing souls.

 

If love was a color then we could use it to paint what is above us, so what color would you paint the sky?

© 2011 realmwriter


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Like the color of life, love reflects back all that you breathe into it..
Enjoyed your colorful pitter patter of words!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Awesome work. I really enjoyed this thought provoking write. Well done.

Posted 12 Years Ago


"Alas, love is red, crimson red, a bleeding at our feet, we (pour..)poor all we have of it out and (receive)recieve nothing in return."ps ..sp afraid?
just assisting..cool?..nice flowing detailed descriptive write.

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is an awsome write. I love how you have connected the colors of the sky and love and pain. This will go into my library.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Its amazing how such an entertaining poem with such a simple thought can speak volumes of wisdom. The whole idea of painting the sky with the colour we feel and connect with is thought-provoking and insightful. Never vefore have I connected purple with pain before, so that too, was new for me. It surely did help expand my area of vision. A pleasure to read. Very well written. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


I love this. It's light-hearted in a sense that it should not be overlooked, and in a way that it is easy to take in, but once you think about it, the subject becomes extremely profound. I love this creative, authentically descriptive poem using color as comparisons to how love treats us at some points. Or all points. At first I thought this may be cliche, but in fact in ended up being the opposite. Awesome poem, really. AMAZING! :)


Posted 12 Years Ago


joyfull and true, full of pain and love. great work.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Love is a rainbow, the rainbow color that is left when battery acid stains your exposed skin.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Nice work... I liked the flow of this piece and I see nothing wrong with it.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Free author website
Before you spend $1000s of dollars, spend 10 hours tinkering on Wordpress, or pay $20 a month for hosting. Try us! Free

Stats

1178 Views
50 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 7 Libraries
Added on August 1, 2011
Last Updated on December 16, 2011

Author

realmwriter
realmwriter

Harrison, AR



About
You know, I can write about almost any subject, in poetic form and even an ocasional short story, but I find it most difficult to write about myself. I am an artist at heart and will use whatever m.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..