A ’Sometimes’ Moment

A ’Sometimes’ Moment

A Poem by Tbear
"

3-2-08 A memory in the past grips me

"

Sometimes my words hide in the folds of my fleshy brain refusing to come out for their creative exercise. Sometimes the words flow easily from my lips expressing my deepest emotions and sometimes when my own words won't do I use someone else's...


Quotations from the lips of business men, actors, teachers, authors, children, the unknowns, the self-automized individuals who make this planet more interesting with their observations and clever sayings that enable me to see things so completely different...


Sometimes rather than express myself in words I prefer feeling them, soaking up the moment like some great sea sponge...


the india ink spills from the bottle, rivulets form then spill over onto the rust nylon carpet, the fibers are saturated with the permanent writing liquid, she screams ....her words are trapped by the fear of the punishment for being so careless ...she will lose her long pretty hair to the scissors...her guardian is so clever...there is never a scratch, a purple-ing of skin, not one drop of blood, only a child's pride floats to the ground and is swept away along with her identity...for the next 30 years she will search for it...she will come close to finding it hundreds of times but it will take the death of the guardian for her to come to completion, to end her search and become a woman of her own design.


Sometimes feeling the words is the only thing you can do...

© 2017 Tbear


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Unsuspectingly bold. It starts out like a practical revelation then takes you over the edge of the waterfall into a heartbreaking poetic crash.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

121 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 14, 2017
Last Updated on January 14, 2017

Author

Tbear
Tbear

Turkey



About
American expat transplanted in the land of shish kebabs and belly dancers. Words need to be released but this earthling needs some help. I hope to find the inspiration through this site. more..

Writing
Inclusion Inclusion

A Poem by Tbear


Closure Closure

A Story by Tbear