A Segmented Mind

A Segmented Mind

A Story by S. D. Forogar
"

Two Minds are as one, but they are not. They love and they hate antithetically, and the live and they lust. One is a beast, but the other? No, the other is something more.

"
A Segmented Mind

Sure as the crow might caw!, I do have a segmented Mind.

A life resides inside of another life's head, two existences living inside of one another.

I awaken to a warm bed. I feel comfortable, but I know I can remain but a short time.

For I hate the comfort.

I must leave the pleasant bedroom, for I have come to love it and therefore have come to hate it.

Entering the kitchen, I fast scent the beautiful roses. I love the roses.

I hate the roses.

I love them.

I walk outside through a flap in the main entrance, into the beautiful sunlight.

I hate the sunlight.

I love it.

When I stray far from my home, a peninsula within the mouth of a forest is to greet me. I fear the darkness beyond the trees.

I love the darkness, what fear it inspires.

I fear the fear.

I love the fear.

I fear to love, for I must then hate.

He is not me, I say. He is not, but he is me. He lives in my Mind, does he, and my Mind says that he is me. Yet, I deny those words. He is not me.

I deny those words as I move to the woods, because he says I should. I have no control, for he possesses the Body and I am but a simple figment. I vie for command of this vessel, but I never succeed.

He is an animal, and it is his joy to enter these woods. His quadrupedal form should be mine, but it is not. He barks, pants, barks again at the smaller creatures running to-and-fro to escape his presence. His lacking intellect will not allow for him to do what I might do, but I would not harm the squirrel or the bird; I am not that way.

His stupidity and aggression do not allow for him to simply leave them be, as he wanders further and further into the darkness, expanding the distance between himself and the home that is his bearing. His Master, and my Master by relation, will become furious when he must come to retrieve myself and this beastly thing. The animal will become lost, and it will be I who is subject to be punished.

He is a mongrel, an animal that cannot care. His Mind is weak, and he deserves not this vessel in which he resides.

I will command this vessel, I decide, as he bounds throughout these thick forested paths.

His weak mental state allows him the barest knowledge, to follow a passage carved into the woods, and yet he uses it to collect sticks and rocks like a simpleton.

And I still stand, resolved, to command his Body. One day, I will be, and he will not be.

One day I conclude, as he yips and slobbers and whines for Master to collect him, that I will become the Master.

You would not like me that day, I warn him. You should not let me out.

© 2023 S. D. Forogar


Author's Note

S. D. Forogar
Thank you for reading!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hello there, I really liked this piece, as you may have noticed winning the contest. I love the idea, the way you have the character hidden behind but coming out. It is shown and not told, I love this. I have kind of a dog thing though. A couple of notes... not that you have to take them. I would take out "Does he" and just say he lives in my mind, my mind says he is me. The does he sounds a bit wordy and throws off the rhythm. The last line is my absolute favorite. You should not let me out. Powerful and just awesome. The middle bit about he wanders further and further into the forest, I think maybe the sentence is a bit long there? Consider a period to end the sentence at darkness and then start a new one with He expands the distance. I hope you can understand I like reviews to have meaning and not just be fluff so those are the things I would offer to help. I do not mean to offend or make it seem like your piece is not awesome. Obviously it is. I just wanted to offer some constructive help as you asked.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Congratulations on winning the contest. I love the lines: "I love the darkness, what fear it inspires. I fear the feat. I love the fear. I fear to love, for I must then hate."

Posted 9 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Dee
********CONGRATULATIONS********* on First place in the competition, so deserving with this wonderful work, love the story of the mind at work and the clear imagery....Bravo S.D. ...Smiles to you...Dee

Posted 1 Second Ago

Posted 9 Years Ago



3
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

797 Views
23 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on August 21, 2014
Last Updated on April 11, 2023
Tags: schizophrenia, psychological, imprison, psychology, segment, mind, desire, rage, confine

Author

S. D. Forogar
S. D. Forogar

Canada



About
L'écriture créative, c'est ma passion! And that's why I'm here. more..

Writing
Dialogic Dialogic

A Story by S. D. Forogar



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Echoes of You Echoes of You

A Poem by Relic