Potato Famine

Potato Famine

A Poem by Sean Lawless

Palm trees decked with iridescant lights, flash away in patterns making me wish to return to the north.
Here purple potatoes grow wild and, are not for mashing but playing baseball, spud after spud flying from pitcher to batter over the fence.
Unealistic realizations make me rethink reality and plague my mind in obsessive repetative patterns.
Here on the shore the drums beat madly and fire dancers intermingle with water goddesses in divine dance,
just dont get caught on the sand with a cigarette or you'll be wisked from paradise to the pen.
Every day switches from homie to homeless, and the only thing more confusing than my own psyche is how easily i can sway others cognition.
Spirit guides and master teachers meet me day in and day out, i am cut down where i should be off my pedestal only to realize they are as baffled as I.
Here in the swamp i have realized that where I lay my head and, what lay ahead tend to become one in the same.
I am progressively unprogressive, as well as consistantly inconsistant yet produce the same results.
The birds my teachers, are misconstrued as pets and I end lashing out on a pet peeve of my own.
Selflessly selfish and  i rethink my motives of generosity.
How easy it is to get cocky when you realize you are god.
The winters are hot and the summers are blistering, 
At least the stars can be nice when you can pay attention to something other than the bird sized mosquitos.
My twin flame hails from here, 
yet she is untouchable as the sun to Icarus melting his wax wings.
The place i hated and despised i left to find where I belonged only to realize i allready was always home.
Yet now am shunned from my village never to return.


 

© 2009 Sean Lawless


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Joe
I like the color scheme of the words.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

110 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 26, 2009