1. Meetings

1. Meetings

A Chapter by Misty Blue Eyes

Chapter 1 

Meetings

 

 

         

 

 I will never forget the day I had laid eyes on one of the most beautiful girls I had ever been around. My family had been in the town of Larkspur , just north of the mountains in Washington state for three months now. To be honest I hated living here, the high school was big but the coach for the track team sucked and it seemed like he had no idea what he was doing. My little sister Kylie was two years behind me and she was always caught up in the latest fashion, Hollywood scoop. Who of who on the A-list was married who broke up. I loved her so much though and I would do anything to keep her safe, that is if I could keep her from the internet where she usually found trouble with guys who knows how old they were. Our father was a lawyer for some of the biggest name rock bands and he traveled a lot and left us with our now step mother. Father was a strict yet gentle man. He had a heart of pure love but you cross him and you were done for. I always laughed at him when he tried to get mad at my little sister, he just could not do it, she meant the world to him and me. Kylie and I were different in so many ways but after our mother died of cancer two years ago it was like we were joined at the hip. I was her protector and no matter what trouble she was in I was there to bail her out. Jenny was our step mom, my father had met her in Russia one night at a concert, she was cop on duty one day when one of the bands had a crowed break out into a riot over something I never paid attention. He brought her home after mom had passed and she was so sweet and kind like our mother had been. It took us no time to welcome her into our family, she let us know that she was not coming in to take over our mothers place in the family but we could come to her if we needed to. I was glad we had her, I don’t know how many times I saw Kylie crying in Jenny’s room about our mother.

Our mother was one of the best selfless ladies I and my sister had ever known. Her smile was famous in the town we use to live in. Angel was our mothers name and she had bewitched our father when they were 18 years old. My father asked her to marry him 7 months after they had met and they had a wedding, little did they know I was on the way. And boy was I, I was born three weeks early and weighed a whooping 8lbs and 12oz. I was 21inches long too. Our mother barely had time to lay down in the hospital bed before I came into the world. Ever since I was 5 years old I had been popular at all the schools I had gone to, the females loved to chase after me but I never wanted any of them. I had great friends and one of them was Johnny who I had met when we were in third grade. We could never be separated from one another no matter what. He was always at my house because his parent’s  fought a lot and he hated being there, money didn’t matter to anyone of us when fighting was involved. It was pointless and hurt the ones we needed most. Johnny had a sister who was Kylies age and we all hung out together, we loved it never once did we fight and Johnny and I would always look out for our sisters. The day we had to move away I think all of us were a wreck. I can look back now and laugh, we were such a crazy bunch but who cared.

It was my senior year of high school and I had to work really hard to get a full ride scholarship to MIT if I was going to become the great architect of the 21st century. Who was I kidding though I was never meant to be great, I didn’t know that until the day I met her, the girl who would hold my heart over my chest forever.

Rika Saito was her name, she stood 5ft 1in and weighed about 100lbs. her hair was a silky black color and when the sun hit it the shine that came from it was amazing. Her hair went all the way to her middle of her back. She wore long sleeve shirts even though it was summer and hot outside and long blue jeans and a pair of shoes that looked old and beaten. Every day when my friends and would go to the coffee shop in  town we would sit by a window and it never failed, she would pass by it on the dot of ten’o five. I never saw where she was going but I would smile at her and she would give me a shy grin back. It was mid summer and one day I had heard one of the butchers at the meat market talk about a Mr. Saito who seemed to be very well known in the town. He scared a lot of people and I could only guess he was in some sort of mob but I kept my speculations to my self until I knew for sure. Brian one of the guys I hung out with at track told me that Mr. Saito brought his family here about 15 years ago, No one ever talked to the daughter and you always paid respect to Mr. Saito. Well if that was the case I had to find out more about the family if I was going to get close to the daughter.

“Trust me Logan you don’t want to get into a mess like that and all she will do is cause you pain and suffering You don’t mess with the Saito family.” Brian warned me firmly but I didn’t listen. Brian knew I was obsessed with Rika and he tried everything in his power to get me to like some of the other girls in town but they were all too stuck on themselves. Brian was a good guy, I seemed to really relate to him we would play video games, computer games, he would tell me good porn to watch, but I missed Johnny and his sister a lot lately so one day I called him up and while we talked he was telling me that he was really close to coming down to see us just to get away from all the crap and drama I told him any time he wanted to come down our house was his too.

“So you meet any one up there? How is Washington state? I hear the weather sucks bro.” Johnny laughed and I did too. He wasn’t lying  the weather was horrible most of the time

“not really but there is this one girl…” I never did get to tell him about Rika Saito because at that moment my sister started screaming at Jenny and it was a fight between them I had never heard. I told johnny I had to go and ran down stairs

“Jenny?” I asked concerned and they both looked at me as I came down the stairs.

“Good Logan maybe you can talk some sense into your sister, I told her that she is not going to some club called “Bitten” Jenny sighed as my sister tried to tell her it was what all the girls were doing and she had to go.

“kylie you are too young to go to something like that. And you are so much better than those girls out there who don’t listen to their parents. We love you and don’t want to see you get hurt.” I told her and hugged her

“God I hate both of you, you know if mom was alive Logan….” She trailed off and shoved me away running to her room.

“Yeah well mom isn’t alive and I bet you %100 she would be against a club named Bitten. “ I kissed Jenny on the forehead and told her I would look after my sister, make sure she didnt sneak out or anything. God I hated being the man of the house sometimes, I was only 17 and this was the last year of my high school. I just wanted to be a normal kid for once. Not be my sisters babysitter but I climbed the stairs to my room and went to sit on the balcony that combined my sisters room and mine together, I set up my spot and made sure kylie did not leave. Two hours later I was watching Rika’s house since she lived next to us. She was so amazing to me, I noticed that her father yelled at her a lot and pushed her around but she kept going. That took strength to me.

“Does she know you stalk her?” kylie piped up and I jolted out my dazed state standing up and shaking my head at her

“oh shut up, where do you think you are going?” I asked as I looked her over, she had a skirt on and high heels with a tank top. “don’t even think about it Kylie you are not going any where.” I shouted at her and she started to huff and get all pissy with me and once she started to whine at me I had enough. That pissed me off and I blew up

“you are worse then a 5 year old when she doesn’t get her way. Do you want to get raped kylie? Or even worse get drugged, taken to some one’s home and killed? Is that what you want? If it is go and don’t come back, im done being your damn keeper.” I screamed at her and left for my room slamming my door to the balcony.

“I hate you Logan. I wish you had died instead of mom.” Kylie screamed at me and ran into her room making my room shake when her door slammed shut. I laid on my bed and sighed, I knew I blew it with her and was too harsh but she had to learn at some point that what she was doing was going to get her killed. I let some time go before I went into her room to see if she was ok.

            Kylie was out on her balcony crying so I took a blanket out with me and wrapped her up in it,

“thank you.” She said and I nodded at her

“im sorry for what I said earlier.” I said as I leaned against the wall of the balcony watching the clouds move across the night blue sky.

“don’t be, you saved my life.” She said and I looked at her confused

“what are you talking about? Kylie what happened?” I placed my hand on her thigh.

“I was just texted and Salina from the next town over that I hang out with was found in a ditch just a few minutes ago. My friend Kim told me. She has been missing for a few days now.”

“Damn. Im sorry. She was a kind girl.” I put my arms around my sister and hugged her tightly. Just then I heard some shouting come from the Saito’s place and we both watched as cries rung out and then a back door swung open, we tried not to look down at the person but my eyes stayed fixed on Rika as soon as I saw it was her. She looked up at us and smiled and then turned away running into the back yard. Kylie and I knew what we saw and she backed away from me, knowing I had to go after Rika. I had to make sure she was ok even though it was none of my business.

“go to bed Kylie. It’s late.” I said and ran down the stairs ignoring my sister and ran after Rika.

            Rika had stopped about half way to a clearing from her yard and she was leaning against the vined entrance, running up to her I stopped a few feet back and walked slowly up to her.

“why did you follow me? Go away.” She spoke to me and her voice was so soft and gentle, it was as if she was an angel trapped in this body.

“I can not do that. Are you hurt? If you are…”she turned around to face me in a sudden turn I stopped talking and sucked in my breath at her beauty.

“I said go away, I don’t need your help ok. There is nothing wrong with me only that I am alive.” She spat and winced as she moved too quickly and I knew she was in more trouble then she wanted me to know.

 That was a warning I would never heed to was her warnings. For her I would do anything and everything to keep her safe. “you should never wish you were dead.” I said to her and took a step closer with caution.

“why do you care anyways?” she looked up at me and instantly I felt her pain, I cringed but tried not to show it as our eyes met and that right there was the moment I knew she had me in her grips forever. I would die and go to hell to save her from who ever was harming her. Her face was black and blue and her hair was tangled and glued together with blood.  

“who did this to you?” I asked her as I held my hand out to touch her softly but she moved back and shook her head

“don’t come close.” She warned in a low voice and fell into the shadows of the night.

“Alright im sorry, I didn’t mean to scare you.” I pulled my hand back fast and stood there watching her.

“I’m Logan Jackson. You must be..” I was cut short as I heard a males deep voice.

“Rika? Rika get out here right now, your father was not done with you.” The man was a tall Japanese security guard walking towards Rika and I .

“Just go Logan I don’t want you to get hurt, and stay away if you know what is good for you.” She hissed and came out of the dark to meet the tall guy. Rage went through my whole body as she slowly walked away

“Yes Jason.” She lowered her head to him and he grabbed her wrist tightly all but dragging her back to her house.

“GOD DAMN IT.” I cursed out loud as they left the area and kicked some of the dirt down at my feet. Sitting down on the ground I closed my eyes and smiled as I relived in my head the sight and scent Rika had. She didn’t deserve any of this, she was so beautiful and I knew she was going to be mine, I just had to get her.

            Early morning I got up and decided it was time to go home see if I could get some sleep. Maybe there was no use in trying to get to know her, maybe I should just leave it well enough alone. But the sight of her battered face enraged me and I couldn’t let it go. I walked into my room and saw kylie asleep on my bed so I covered her up and decided to crash on my couch. It wasn’t long before I was woken up by Kylie crying in her sleep for our mom. She was still having bad dreams about her and I did not know how to help her so I got up trying not to grumble from the lack of sleep I had and laid next to her telling her it was okay and that mom was in a better place. Mom had been in so much pain for three years from lung cancer it hit my dad and sister the hardest.

“I want her back Logan, its not fair that she had to die she was so young and beautiful.” Kylie rolled over and looked at me as she wiped her tears

“I know Kylie. I wish I could bring her back too.” I kissed my sisters forehead and sighed tried not thinking of Rika and the damage she was in.

“Did you catch up to Rika?” she asked as if she had been in my head and I giggled

“yeah she just had a dispute with her father.” I hid any and all emotion from my face so she wouldn’t know I was lying

“well ill let you go to sleep now. Thanks for the loan of the bed for a few hours.” She got off my bed and left my room

“love you sis.” I smiled and laid on my bed all the way placing my hands behind my head and watching the night sky before morning came.

            Kylie woke up and told Jenny to let me sleep because I had a rough night keeping an eye on her. Jenny and Kylie went down and decided to make a big breakfast for us all but I ended up sleeping most of the day, finally waking up I got out of bed and stumbled to the shower. Coming down the stairs Jenny smiled at me and handed me a plate of food and a cup of hot coffee.

“thank you. What time is it?” asking as I sat down to eat

“just after 1pm. Oh hey do you want to go shopping for school clothes dad sent money to our accounts.” Kylie sang and danced around the kitchen making me laugh

“yeah sure let me eat and we can go. Hey jenny can I take the Range Rover?” I hollered after her as she left the room

“of course you can, just put gas in the tank before you bring it back.” She told me through the laundry room door.

            I grabbed my keys and told Kylie I was going to be in the car waiting for her, she had to wait for the last minute to put on make up. She sure was a female no one would deny that. Sitting in the Range Rover I made sure I had my music going and bumping loudly and texted my friend Johnny telling about Rika and how it hurt to see some one go through something like that from their own parents. Johnny texted me back and told me to call him later on and tell him what happened

            Kylie hopped into the car and we took off down the road but as I drove by Rika’s house out of the corner of my eye I saw something and I slowed down to make sure it wasn’t Rika. It was, my stomach was in knots seeing her father beat on her out in the middle of day light. Before Kylie knew what was going on I sped up and left the area towards the mall.

“please be careful about what you pick out Kylie. We want you around for a long life.” I said being serious but teased her

“Really? Really Logan think im stupid?” she asked with an attitude and I playfully slapped her on the arm

“I mean it sis I love you and it would kill dad if something happened to you.”

She never said anything else and we parked in the parking garage heading up to the mall when I saw Brian and our friends come out of the door.

“hey Logan where have you been all day? You wanna go for a run later?” Brian asked

“yeah that would be nice. Ryder you going?” I asked

“yeah if you are.” He said and smiled at Kylie who was blushing at him

We left and they said good bye, we headed into mall and Kylie squealed with happiness

“oh my god Logan he smiled at me.” She was so happy that Ryder had noticed her

“He likes you Kylie. You didn’t know that??” I was stunned that she had no idea. Everyone knew it

“what? You are kidding me right? Ryder likes me?” she asked and I thought she was about to faint but I held her up

“oh my god Kylie like totally.” I made a goofy face and rolled my eyes. “go shop and we will meet up in a few hours at the food court.” She nodded and took off

             I had gone into three different shops to find pants and other clothing but I swear I could not handle all the females watching me the whole time I was in the stores so I would get a few things here and there and then leave. I texted my sister to see how she was doing and she told me she was about done so I headed to the food court ordering some food for myself and sat down at a table.  While I was there waiting for my sister I saw that Jason guy enter the mall with Rika and two other men who looked like guards also. Rika’s head was down but she looked up as they entered the food court heading towards the shops and I wanted her to look my way so I could see her pretty face again but she didn’t but as soon as Jason looked my way I ground my fists into my thighs under the table and clinched my jaw trying to hide my anger. I watched Rika carefully as they made their way to the other end of the mall with everyone watching her pass by like she was royal blood or something. Kylie came bouncing into my area of view and smiled at me holding up what looked like 12 bags full to the rim of clothing.

“hey? Did you see that Saito girl with her army of men?” she asked me as she stole food from my plate but I didn’t notice

“Huh? Yeah I saw.” I said sounding annoyed

            We left some time later from the mall and as soon as we went into the parking lot walking to our car I heard shouting around where we had parked so I walked faster to see what was going on and I saw Jason with his hands all over Rika and she was trying to fight him off.

“You mother f****r.” I shouted and went up to him and punched him in the jaw from the right side making him fall over and loose his balance. “You are a sick b*****d you know that? Didn’t you have a momma to teach you how to….” Jason got up and swung at me but missed.

“Jason leave him alone. Please.” Rika pleaded with him to just let it go but he was determined to knock me out.

“you stay out of it Rika, he had no right to interrupt us.” Jason made me f*****g sick

The way he smirked at Rika and she shivered

Kylie had gone inside to get the police or guards to stop the fighting but it was too late Jason had punched me in the ribs, breaking at least one and my face was all bloody but he could kill me if it meant getting Rika to Safety.

“OH MY GOD LOGAN!!”Kylie screamed as she rushed to my side

“im okay really.” I tried to assure her as I spit up blood

Jason knelt down to my level as I was on the ground and stepped on my hand making me cringe with pain.

“I warn you now outsider don’t you get close to Rika. She is mine.” I would have laughed at his growl of fear but I was in too much pain. Breathing right in my ear I moved my face to look at him and spit at him.

“Rika is a human being not a dog. You on the other hand probably lick your own ball sack.” I spat at him and he kicked me hard with his steel toe boot and I cried out in pain as they took off, dragging Rika with them as she tried to fight them to get away. I don’t think any one had ever fought for her like I had just done.

“Logan you idiot what is the matter with you. U could have gotten killed.” Kylie cried out and was crying on me.

“just get me home.” I shouted at her and she helped me get up and into the Range Rover. Moving f*****g hurt so bad but I had to get home and into my room.

“you did the right thing Logan im glad to have you as my brother. But please THINK before you want to die.” Kylie begged me as I put the car into drive and we took off to the house, Jenny was going to flip out when she sees me. I thought to myself

“listen you cant let Jenny see me, it will only make her upset.” I told Kylie where the first aid kit was and when we got home she went in first and I made sure that my path was clear all the way too my room. Kylie came up to my room and told me that jenny was out on a few errands and wouldn’t be back for a while. I thanked her and told her to wait a sec while I went to wash up. I took my clothes off trying not to scream or cry out in pain from moving my body to take my clothes off.

“are you sure you don’t need help Logan?” kylie asked

“nah im good ill be out soon.” I started the shower and closed the door to the bathroom a bit. Stepping into the shower I hissed at the pain my body felt with the hot water on it. I showered and got out, feeling a bit better than before but Jason was going to have his day coming to him if it was the last thing I did. First thing I had to do was learn to fight like him so I would stop getting my a*s beat. I laughed to myself walking into my room stopping mid point She was here in my room, Rika had come into my room and was now standing before me. Hey brown eyes gazed over my bruised half naked upper half with my towel wrapped around me. Her lip started to quiver so she bit it lightly looking away for a moment and then back at her feet. She sure was a shy girl something I liked about her. She seemed to have no interest in me as a crush so it seemed.

“UH??” get it together you stuttering doofus.

“I’m sorry I didn’t know you were um er in the shower.” Rika blushed turning away quickly “Kylie let me in, I hope you don’t mind.”

“No it’s ok, here let me go change and ill be out in a minute, please sit where you would like.” I grabbed my clothes and walked into the bathroom shutting my door so I could change fast.

“Logan I…I feel really bad about today, and the way my body guard Jason…” I flung the door open furious that  she had the nerve to come over into my house and stand up for some sick b*****d that didn’t give a damn about her well being.

“NO. Don’t you dare stick up for him. Good god Rika look around you he sees you nothing more then a piece of f*****g meat and gets away with it.” I snarled in her face making her burst into tears as soon as I shut my mouth. Letting out a heavy sigh I backed away from her and threw my hand to my head. You are such an idiot Logan I cursed myself for saying any of that to her out loud.

Rika backed away and started shaking her head in utter disbelief that I had just snapped at her. Before I could say anything to make things better she fled my room and ran down the stairs to her house, shoving Kylie to the side as she bellowed out a horrible girlish cry of anger.

“Logan? What happened?” Kylie rushed into the room spotting me on my bed gripping the towel so tight I thought it was going to rip apart. “Logan tell me what happened why did Rika Saito leave running from the house?” kylie sat next to me but I couldn’t bare to look at her. I hated myself more then Rika could hate me right now.

“I blew up at her Kylie, my anger got the best of me and I took it out on her. Of course it wasn’t meant to be at her but I couldn’t believe she told me she was sorry for Jason. I told her that she had no right sticking up for a man that had no respect for a woman and all she was to him was a piece of meat.” Shaking my head I got up from my bed and paced my room “im so stupid kylie I wish I could take it back.”

“give it some time Logan I know you didn’t mean to hurt her like that.” Kylie was good hearted to forgive me like that but I was starting to loose control of my anger, I had to leave and now. I grabbed my shoes and told her I was going for a run.

            Running with music was the only way I could get lost as I passed by the lake and the high school and ended up out in the country. The mountains were crisp and very green with low hanging fog surrounding the tops of every point on them

            What was I doing wrong here? I wanted to protect her, to be there for her and be her friend if nothing more ever came of it but I felt as if I was doing something very wrong. I was pushing her back deeper into the house of horrors over there. Leaning against the tree I had come apon in a field I gazed around looking at all the beautiful sights and the air was fresh, crisp and I loved it. After starting out again on my run to head back home I stopped at a house that was run down, it had been abandoned with signs all over it telling others it was unsafe and no trespassing. The house stood three stories tall, two wrap around decks that were falling apart and had a turret on the left side. It was a light brown house, with a big red barn, a separate three car garage on the right side with what looked like a carriage house on top. Man this place was old but it caught my eye like I was suppose to come here and find it. Thinking a moment I decided to get closer to the property , walking up to it I could smell the old rotting stench covering my mouth I moved on and noticed on the property there were dead rodents that was the smell I was smelling. I shook it off and went around the fence where there was an opening and crossed over.

            This house was still standing but no one had lived in it for a long long time and I wanted to know why. Upon looking inside the broken windows and seeing that the house sat furnished like some one had just up and left it one night and no one ever came back to it. If that was the case why and how were there signs up here all over the property? I wanted to check out the other parts of the place, looking at the Barn that stood tall and robust. I stood in front of the huge doors feeling like a detective about to uncover a murder or something, I laughed and opened the door but it was jammed by something and wouldn’t open all the way up but I was able to look in and saw with the dim light a perfect barn. I stepped back and wondered what had happened here so long ago. The garage was full of furniture knick knacks tables, some one must have loved to make things of wood that was my guess anyways so I closed the doors and started to go back home. I wanted this place. It was such a mystery to me and I wanted to know more so before I headed to my house I called my father and told him that I wanted to invest in a property. He laughed at first and then told me to send him pics of the place and we would talk more when he came home. He would be home in two weeks which gave me time to get ideas going for the place.

            Later that night I sat down in the Den and started to pull my drawings out, a book I have had for a few years of houses and ideas I wanted to develop into something more and why I wanted to go to MIT. It started one day when my mother was painting in her studio and I was all but 9 years old, she was painting a house and I wanted to do the same house, only I came out with a big mansion. My mind was great like that. Of course at age 9 you don’t have the detail in the house you draw as you do when you are older. I was in the art classes in my old school and my teacher was very impressed with my talent for detail. Told my parents that I was headed for greatness if I kept with it. Then when my mother passed away I stuffed everything away and had not touched my drawing book for a long time. Something in me today drove me to start drawing that house I saw today. Four hours later I had finished it for what I was going to get done that night, sitting back in my chair I noticed that I had drawn something in the picture I had no idea I had done. Lost in thought of my drawing my thoughts went back to Rika Saito and the day that had passed by. I was still a little sore but if I didn’t think of my injuries I wouldn’t know what happened today at the mall. Maybe I should just take Rika’s advice and scram, not involve myself in her life any more then I had already done. I had caused her so much already it seemed, but why would she come over and tell me she was sorry for what that piece of s**t had done to me. Rika had me wondering what she was going to do next time we saw one another. She was unpredictable.

            Heading up to my room Jenny caught me and told me she wanted to talk for a moment about something so I walked with her to the kitchen.

“What’s up Jenny?” I asked knowing she wanted to know if I was ok. I had been acting weird all day since we had come home from the mall

“Logan are you, you know okay?” she asked as she put her hand on my arm.

“yeah jenny why do you ask?” I looked at her curiously

“I care about you Logan and your sister. I want to know if you are okay and if you are going through something you can come to me about it.” Wow she was good, I knew she sensed something going on but stupid me I tried to hide it.

“Everything is ok I promise. Kylie is ok and we are all ok. I know you miss dad I called him and he said two more weeks and he’s home for a month. You know his work the summer is all about law suites with the bands because stupid fans. He says he loves you.” I told her and kissed her forehead before heading to my bedroom, it was way late, past 3 am I think and I wanted to go to sleep. Going up the stairs i saw my door was closed but not all the way it was open partly hmm that was weird I didn’t remember closing it as I left today so I took caution and went up to my door before I opened it to make sure no one was in there.

            Opening my door I found my sister in my bed again this time fully clothed and a book in her hand about to fall out of it. I kneeled down to take it from her grasp and as I read the front of it I realized it was a journal, from the looks of it the thing was old. Where had my sister found this? I took it and went to the couch in my room to look it over. I guess I had fallen asleep reading it because the next thing I knew my sister was waking me up and telling me to go to bed and she was going to her room. I gave her the journal and she thanked me and I went to my bed laying down and fell asleep again. Again I slept most of the day, but today I was depressed and upset at my self for the way I acted towards Rika the day prior. Rolling over at some point I looked out my window and watched outside to see if I could find her between all of the trees and bushes that put a line between us. I moaned and groaned from my injuries as I got out of bed for the day, I was so stiff and in pain from it all but got up and went to shower. Coming out of the shower I was careful this time not to come out half naked and fully dressed in case some one was in my room while I was in the shower.

“Well now look at whos dragged my son in from hell.” My father was standing in my room in a nice suite and tie with a medium sized box in his hands smiling

“Dad.” I threw my towel to the bed and walked up to him giving him a hug tightly wrapping my arms around him. “you weren’t do back until later how did you get out so early.” I eyed the box, what was that he had with him?

“Hey son good to see you too.” He said and let go of me and saw me eyeing the box so he handed it to me “this is for you. Happy birthday Logan.” Oh that’s right that was today

“ um would you believe me if I told you I forgot what day it was?” I asked him and he burst out laughing

“you sound like an old man, of what 18 now? I am home for the rest of the summer kiddo so get use to it. Maybe we can go to a game or something. Maybe go to Seattle?” he said and I nodded I was glad he was home, Jenny would be pleased.

I sat the box down and looked at Rika’s house sighing heavily and turned to my dad who was looking at all the things I had in my room of mom. Lost in thought of her I didn’t want to disturb him but I did.

“hey dad? Dad?” I called to him

“yeah son?”

“uh can we some time go to lunch just the two of us? I kind of wanted to talk.” I said grabbing my neck and biting my lip. I had hoped he would say yes, knowing he was going to be busy while he was home.

“Are you sure it can wait that long? By the way you are looking at that house it must have something to do with that place. Why don’t we go grab breakfast now and we can talk.” He winked and I nodded

Damn he was too good at reading me.

            Two weeks had gone by with only small glimpses of Rika most days and she looked really bad, I had told my dad what had happened and  we agreed to get me into a class to teach me how to fight better. Kylie was so happy to have dad home and Jenny couldn’t get enough of him, I hated listening to them having sex every night for the first week. Later in the week of the second week I saw Rika going out to the back yard where she tried not to look at me as I sunbathed up on my porch but I caught her and winked smiling at her

“hey Rika you got a moment?” I asked and she stopped but didn’t talk at all so I took my turn

“look I wanted to say I was sorry for what I said the day you came over. I was just really disgusted that you would try to do that for some one like HIM” she stood there a moment and then started up the stairs which surprised me most because she wasn’t saying anything to me at all.

“msdkfsdifoj” she said through her closed mouth

Cocking my head I studied her closely finally figuring out just what was wrong “A wired f*****g Jaw? You have got to be kidding me.” I saw the bruising on her face and the hand prints around her neck, some one was going to kill her if I didn’t step in and soon. But could I do that with out loosing myself and loosing her? The anger inside of me sent me boiling mad but I hid what I could from her but it was too much to contain, not seconds later Jason came out to find Rika who had obviously not wanted to go back hid behind me and with my fists clenched I stepped up to Jason ready to fight for her.

Jason rolled his eyes and sighed with annoyance. “are you really back for more? I handed you your a*s last time you puny thing.” He came running at me and I ran to him with Rika crying through her wired jaw.

“you f*****g piece of s**t you will pay for this.” I bum rushed him my head hitting his stone hard abs and wrapped my arms around his waist making him fall back but my neck hurt that was for sure. I had been watching way too much tv and movies where this never hurt anyone standing up I shook myself off and did the one mistake no one in a fight should ever do and that is look away from your enemy. Jason got up dusting himself off and came at me swinging knocking me down to the grass making my body slam into the ground hard. Punch after punch hit after hard hit to one another I could see the way he wanted to kill me with eyes I knew I had now made an enemy for life. That was ok by me for sure because any one who kept Rika in the state she was in, she had might as well been a f*****g b***h on a leash. Jason laid me out flat on my back knocking me out cold kicking me a few times in the face and then my stomach. Rika had gone through enough already and came running to my aid but Jason caught her with one arm and picked her up as she screamed through her wired jaw and kicked her way trying to get free.

            With no idea of how much time had passed I heard chatter but until I opened my eyes I didn’t know where I was or who was around me.

“Rika….” Pointing to my dad and passed out again

“god not her again, Jesus Christ dad are you going to let him get killed over this chick?  That’s twice now.” Kylie huffed and crossed her arms

“god damn it Kylie shut up and go get me Jenny.” Dad snapped at my sister which was the first time I had ever heard him do it. “come on Logan wake up. Come on son come back to us.” He said and lifted my body up some what enough to get me to wake up.

            I don’t know how or what happened but I woke up in my room with my dad and family by my side. Turning my head I saw a small Asian woman standing off to the side with her hands together by her heart whispering something soft to herself as she looked up at me. My father was on my bed at the end and jenny was standing by my couch. Where was kylie?

“Easy son. Don’t hurt yourself you took a pretty bad blow to the head.” My father gave me a small smile so I laid back and looked at the mystery woman in the room.

“”Logan this is Rika’s mother  Mrs. Saito and she wants to talk  to you do you think you are up to it?” my father question me with his eyes before I answered  with a nod. Turning to her he nodded and they left the room leaving me and Rika’s mother in the room alone. What was I suppose to say to her because sorry was not one of them.  I cleared my throat and sat up swinging my legs off the bed.

“Logan I came over here after Jason came into the house all bloody. First of all I wanted to tell you that seeing him like that maybe me smile not because I like to see my husbands right hand man all bloody but because I knew he was being stood up to you. How can I ever thank you Mr. Jackson?” she said coming to my bed and placed her hand on my face.

“She’s going to die if you don’t don’t do something soon for her safety.” I snapped at her “don’t come thanking me if I am the only one who is standing up for her. Why is this happening?”

“It’s the way my husband is, he wanted a son and we got a daughter. He thinks Rika has dishonored our family so he treats her like this. I love my daughter….” That was it I was done listening to her mothers words and I stomped to the other side of the room groaning in pain.

“If you love your daughter….” She cut me off and walked closer to me pleading with me from her brown eyes

“Please Logan please save my Rika I am weak and unable to stand up to my husband. Jason is scared of you and has made my husband known of this. I will pay you if you take my Rika away from all of this.” Rikas mother had no one else to help her and I was the only one to do anything.

“ I wont promise you anything but I will tell you this Mrs. Saito im falling for your daughter and I will not let her go through this but I don’t promise she will fall in love with me, I would never force her into anything she didn’t want to do.” Turning away from her mother I stared out my window, how was I suppose to pull this off now? Rika was already scared of me for the way I snapped at her weeks prior and now me almost dieing in front of her because once again my heart hurt for her being in this much pain. What the hell was I to do?

            Later on that night my father came into my room while I was asleep and woke me up to see how I was doing. I just wanted to die to be honest but I couldn’t tell him that. Kylie had fallen asleep in my room so dad moved her and came back.

“so what did Mrs. Saito want to talk to you about?” my father studied my room standing in the middle waiting for me to answer

“oh that? She thanked me for …um …fighting for her daughter. That was all.” God my lying sucked my dad pretended that he never heard any of it.

“well just so you know Logan I am proud of you for what you did today and I think you should finish training. I know what your goal in life is but I think some Martial Arts and weight lifting would do you some good. I don’t want to lose you Logan and Rika seems to need you more and more just be careful ok?” He patted my head and headed out of the room. My father was proud of what I was doing and that filled a void in my heart I was never sure would be filled. There was something about my father that he hid and always hid. I laid there in bed trying for hours to go back to bed but my mind was flooded with trying to figure out how this plan was supposed to come about. Still hadn’t told my father the truth about Rika’s mom and the deal I made.

            Days later I quit the track team and busied myself with studying the martial arts and was amazed by all the different kinds. I decided to go talk to the master at the local school of MMA fighting see what I could get from him. Master Soto was very kind and for an old man who looked a million years older then the age of 65 he could still kick some ones a*s. He told me to come by the next morning and we would start. My father had been called to the local office while he had been home with us so it was pretty quiet with Kylie off at the mall half the time and I was drawing again so my time was spent in my Den with only my thoughts of Rika to keep me busy and occupied. I was so into my work I didn’t realize how late it was and going to bed I saw Kylies light on so I knocked on the door but there was no answer. I headed to my room and laid down kicking my pants off and throwing my t-shirt off onto the floor. I had a scar forming on my face from Jason hitting me so hard but it was worth it if it was for Rika. I laid down on my bed and looked over at Rika’s house wishing I could see her and she could see me but no sign of her anywhere so I laid in bed looking up at the stars.

I loved the way my room was laid out it was perfect for my style and my being. I just hated having a neighbor next to me that beat his child. Why? What was the point in hurting anyone anyways? My father was stern, and very firm. He expected respect from us kids and he got it but not in a threatening way. He was a very warm hearted person and showed his love to us. We knew if we fucked up we got into trouble but we were never afraid of what would happen. Thinking about how different our families were I happened to fall into a deep slumber dreaming about the old days and when we were all happy together. I couldn’t figure out if Rika was part of my dream later on but I heard her whispers in my head and I started to stir in my sleep.

"Logan...Logan wake up please." the voice was so soft but i woke up to it and saw Rika at the window. i scrambled to my knees and opened it. 

"am i dreaming or is this real?" i asked watching her come into my bedroom. 

"can i hide out here?" she asked holding herself and to see the bruising more clearly now made me clench my fists. 

"yeah of course." i tried smiling at her but my heart ached. “Rika what is going on over there? Do I need to call the police?” I asked her as I walked to her slowly but she shuddered and moved back away from me.

“Logan please I need you to trust me right now when I say I cant tell you. I just need to hide out for a little while. Need to wait for my father to cool off then I will go again.”  I went over and got my couch pulled out into a bed for her at the other end of the room. The silence between us was killing me.

“if he comes over here im going to kill him. Look I don’t know you from eve but you have a friend in me and my sister. You haven’t met her yet but maybe you can tomorrow.”

 i know i didnt know her all too well but she had to know i was there for her. 

"would you like something to sleep in?" i asked her and went to my dresser for some shorts and a t shirt. "the pants might be a bit big for you but if you want them here." i said smiling at her as i got the sheets for the pull out bed and put them on for her. "here you can have a pillow and a blanket." i was running around with my head cut off cuz i was still half asleep.

"Logan its fine thank you I could have slept on the floor or something you did not have to go through all this for me.." she said quietly and sat on the bed. 

"i like your room. its really nice looking." she smiled at me and got up with the clothes in her hand. "ill go change and be right back." she said and i smiled after her. why did my heart flutter when she was around? she was the most beautiful thing i had ever laid eyes on and i wanted her to be mine. I closed my eyes and smiled to my self knowing that one of the most beautiful girls I had ever known was in my bathroom changing into my clothes. When she came out I sat up on my bed and waited for her to get into the bed.

“looks good on you.” I smirked and she blushed but flinched at the pain.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to make you hurt.” I said and got out of bed walking to where she was and sat next to her. I looked at her face in the dim light was so upset just looking at her. A deep black and blue mark was on her cheek bone. No wonder it hurt to smile. “I hate him you know. No one should ever have to go through this Rika.” I lightly brushed her cheek with my thumb and tried to smile. “if you need anything just wake me up.” I felt so damn helpless to her.

“thank you Logan. Letting me stay here is enough for now. Ill be gone by day break.” She leaned into me a bit and then laid down on the bed covering her self up. Leaning back I wrapped my arms around her as she snuggled into my side. I ran my fingers lightly through her hair as she fell into a deep sleep. There was no more question in my mind I would fight to have her in my life. She was my addiction and I would be nothing with out here by my side. I had to talk to her mother at once about this. Hours later I walked to my bed and got under my covers turning off the light. I was never going to give up again for her I was never going to leave. She was going to be mine and I would never let her go.

 



© 2013 Misty Blue Eyes


Author's Note

Misty Blue Eyes
story of how Logan caught the heart of Rika.. only to be ripped out of his hands.....tell me what you think. done in point of view of Logan this time

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review




Reviews

helo ? is this a typo ...

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 10 Years Ago


Aww this lovely, i really like logan! I wish i had a neighbour like him. I feel sad for rika...

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 12 Years Ago


Awe how sweet at the end and nicely done so far but, you should probably capitalize those "I's" but other then that you did a good job all and all with dialogue and descriptions of what taking place to keep up focus. So keep up the good job so far.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 12 Years Ago


You need to do some editing. Maybe add in detail in some places. Great flow in dialogue, great use of view point.
Good read

Matthew

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 12 Years Ago


phantomcristal

10 Years Ago

i agree with him

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

441 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 4, 2011
Last Updated on October 19, 2013


Author

Misty Blue Eyes
Misty Blue Eyes

denver, CO



About
I have a book called Caged and im working on it every day maybe one day i can get it published Googleskins.net - Cool Google Skins I write likeAnnie RiceI Write Like by Mémoires, jou.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Misty Blue Eyes


2 2

A Chapter by Misty Blue Eyes


3 3

A Chapter by Misty Blue Eyes



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Accept Me Accept Me

A Poem by Dragon