Chapter One: NORMAL

Chapter One: NORMAL

A Chapter by Sebastian Laroche
"

I've already written the book, so I'll just have to post every chapter here. Problem is, school is coming up, so I can't post everyday. Rest assured, I'll post as soon as possible..oh, and pls. review

"
The name's Zack Evergreen, just an average, seventeen-year-old teen. Me and my parents (which means I'm an only one child) live in the boring suburban area of Los Angeles. We just moved in, which means new school, new friends and all that. I did a year of high school in Atlanta, then got moved to LA, causing me to 'start over' as a second year. As time wore on, I started to adjust. By senior year, I won my school first place in baseball, gotten many friends, admirers and probably even enemies. Life was only that. Normal
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I woke up suddenly, sweating and shaking, that Monday. I looked around my bedroom, breathing heavily, vividly remembering the nightmare. There was definitely blood everywhere. What woke me up was when I saw my hands, All drenched with blood. I shivered. 'It's just a nightmare. Nothing to worry,' I told myself.
I noticed a tinge of gold light through my bedroom window and glanced at the small clock on the bedside table. Four o' clock. Great. I then stood up, stretched, went out the hall and headed for the bathroom. I showered and brushed my teeth slowly, letting the time pass. I don't want to be too early to school. As my mother called me downstairs for breakfast, I was up and ready, although my stomach wasn't. So I rushed downstairs until the smell of bacon, eggs and sausages filled my nostrils. I entered the kitchen without haste.
"Morning, dear," my mother greeted as I sat down and piled my plate with eggs, bacons and sausages. "Where's dad?" I asked as I grabbed two loaves of bread.
"Oh, he had to leave early for work." Of course. My dad was a manager, as in CEO of his company which in fact owns the largest fast-food chain. Sadly, my dad likes to be simple even though he pulls big bucks every month. And the result; a simple two-story house with a backyard pool and only one black Mercedes. And our old Vespa scooter was 'handed down' to me. And now I have to drive it to and from school.
"Bye, Mom," I said as I finished my breakfast and snatched my keys, bag and helmet. I then went outside and pulled my Vespa out the garage. I rode to school, thinking about cars.
The local highschool in L.A. has only three hundred and sixty-three students (including me). I entered the parking lot and pulled in a spot between Big D's Harley bike and Marcus Vanderville's huge Jeep. Thankfully, everybody considers scooters and bikes one of a student's vehicle. Except maybe when your dad is a manager.
"'Sup, Sparky?" a voice said. I turned and saw Marcus with Alex Lloyd and Felix Cole from the baseball team. Everybody in the team calls me Sparky for I was the fastest runner in the whole school.
"Nothin' much," I replied as I stuck my helmet in the compartment inside the seat of my Vespa.
"So, you doin' anything later?" asked Marcus as we walked in the hall to my locker. " 'Cause I was thinking we could hit the beach today."
"Other than baseball practice today, I'm good to go," I said, "Only, don't let Alex stay under the sun too long. He tends to forget his sunblock lotion."
"And watch out for Sparky. He drowns when he's in the water," added Alex. I slapped him playfully on his back.
"Well, I think we shouldn't let Felix come," said Marcus, "He is practically afraid of water."
"Hey, No insulting of the poor guy here," protested Felix as we all chuckled, "Besides, we're hitting the hotdog stand first, no complaints."
"So you're all coming?" asked Marcus again when we reached at our lockers, which were all side-by-side (long story) and beside the girls' bathroom (an even longer story).
"I'm tagging along," replied Alex, "My brat cousin actually came over today."
"How 'bout you, Felix?"
"My pipsqueak brother destroyed the phone so yeah, I'll come," replied Felix.
"Great! Meet you all at the parking lot later," said Marcus as the bell rang.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As the final bell rang, signalling the end of the day, I headed to my scooter, only to find Marcus, Felix, Alex with Jeff and Jasper Stanley, twins and also on the team, all waiting beside Marcus' Jeep.
"Well, let's go," said Marcus. He then climbed in his Jeep with Felix, Alex and Jeff. Jasper sat on my scooter. I sat up front and kick-started the motor. "Come on, and follow that heap of junk that Marcus calls 'his Jeep'," pointed Jasper.
"I heard that," shouted Marcus over the noise of his Jeep. He then pulled out the lot with my Vespa on his tail.
"So, have you heard about the news?" asked Jasper.
"No. Actually, my mom and dad barely watch the news. Why?" I replied as we sped down the highway ramp.
"Oh, it's about twenty people dead just outside L.A.. Police said that neither a hair nor even a fingerprint could be found. And the worst, it happened in one night and the bodies were all over the place," he replied uneasily


© 2010 Sebastian Laroche


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Author's Note

Sebastian Laroche
That was long wasn't it? It is to me, what with all the typing and all that..and about the place of the school..if you've been to L.A., don't mind the description because I've never been to L.A. but I've heard about it most of the time. And don't worry about it because I've labeled this book as FICTION. Don't forget to rate and review!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

143 Views
Added on June 14, 2010
Last Updated on June 14, 2010


Author

Sebastian Laroche
Sebastian Laroche

Marikina, NCR, Philippines



Writing