No Words

No Words

A Story by Faded

           The distant January sun broke through the clouds, the few rays that danced in the shallow creek unable to penetrate the depths of the stillness that resided between she and he. The trickling stream that bathed the round stones deposited during summer floods of seasons past drowned the silence that filled the canyon walls; but not the deafening roar within the walls of the mind, the beat of two hearts, or the dogs lapping up the creek water. The kiss of the winter wind grazed their faces, but it wouldn’t compare to physical manifestation of spiritual connections. It was true that conversation wasn’t the only thing that she hoped to awaken that Saturday afternoon; nor that her hope had begun that day.
            The quiet, as a famine, that left her starving. Why so indifferent, so disinterested? Please talk to me. Her trance fed her impatience. The silence had followed them into the truck, rumbling slowly up the hill. I guess I’ll wait for the summer. She stared at the sky. The quiet, as a time of plenty, leaving him fulfilled. Here in the desert: no rules, no requirements, no burdens or weights bearing down, I’ve never felt so content as I do right now; here with you, with no words.
           
Within the same silence that she found absence, he found abundance.  


© 2016 Faded


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

135 Views
Added on October 9, 2016
Last Updated on October 9, 2016

Author

Faded
Faded

The Escalante Desert, UT



About
Hello again Writers Cafe... I'm keeping it short and sweet this time around because this website cannot become my whole life. In addition to being a single mother of 2, having a zillion projects to f.. more..

Writing
Hospital Days Hospital Days

A Poem by Faded


Worthwhile Worthwhile

A Poem by Faded