Every Monster Wants A leash

Every Monster Wants A leash

A Story by thatguywriting

My eyes are closed and my head is down.  The hood to my black jacket is on my head with the edge of my hood on my eyebrow. 

I hear footsteps.  Tap….. Tap….. Tap….. Tap. It sounds like high heels. Must be a woman

She’s even closer now.  She’s right next to me. I open my eyes but my head stays down.  She places my iPod on my lap. But these aren’t my headphones

“They’re black.”

She steps behind me “Hush now child” slips out her mouth”, the words as lucid as water, “let the music do your screaming.” 

She’s smiling.  I’m not looking at her but when my eyes are closed I can see her.  The heels make her look tall. Her hair is long and twisting. Twists just like the smell of her perfume does up my nose. I put the headphones in my ear and pick a song.

She’s leaning down. Her hands sliding down my chest till one lay atop the other, fingers interlaced

“Yes that’s it my love don’t waste your words on whims.” The music is playing but I can still hear her voice rhythmically going along to the song. Almost like she knows it.

“Put aside all irrational actions my sweet. Those that only give others temporary satisfaction.” Her voice is entrancing. I can feel her lips pressed against my ear through my hood.

“Instead lay your head. I beg of you,” she’s in front of me. Her hands are on my cheek and the other is on my hip.  “Please just wait for the right thoughts to be wed.”

She pulled me up to my feet. My head is resting on her chest. I hear no heartbeat. Just the silence of her chest and her voice. My hands are hanging to my sides. I can feel it now. She’s wearing a dress. I move the back of my hand up her thigh. I can’t tell what the color is but the fabric feels amazing. I wrap my arms around her tightly. She feels soo unexplainably good.

She’s stroking my head lightly so that my hood doesn’t fall off. “I know what you have been missing. The smiles, the laughing and all the other things not happening. They will come to you.” I truly can’t explain how I feel right now. My body feels weightless. The voices in my head are silent. It’s just me and her and I don’t want it any other way.

“You are ready. You can this world and more. The power is yours; just keep your mind steady.” She lifts my head. The hood still covers my eyes and I don’t want it to fall off. I don’t want the only perfect image of this woman to be destroyed by my mind. It feels like she’s slipping. I start to panic. I can’t lose her. I’ve never felt this great before. I clenched her dress tight clinging to every bit of fabric. Pulling myself closer to her. I cannot lose this woman. I… I need her.

She’s laughing. Why is she laughing? Her hand slides on my cheek.  I step closer, something is wrong. Her warm sweet smelling breath now replaces her chest. I face the floor. She took of her high heels.  I can feel the words about to slip. I want to speak. I want to tell her. She’s smiling at me, her index finger covering her lips. “Don’t speak. I already know. I’m not going anywhere.  I see what you are seeing and I know about the map you have been reading. I can take you out of this place.” 

The song goes silent. Like its waiting for her to talk. The violin melody starts the song back up. It’s a soul swaying song that makes you want to just sit there and embrace it.  As the song goes on she guides me to a light outlined by darkness. Pushing me forward by my back as we walk.

“They can’t read it can they?” she asks as she turns to look at me. She shrugs her shoulders, “And it’s such a simple map. It just shows that you don’t need them. All you need is me. Just do what I say and everything will be ok.”  I love hearing her talk. Every word pulling me farther and farther down into her while lifting me higher than I could ever be.

  “You don’t need god or to believe in a religion. Just believe in me. It is really sad that they can’t read it though. Oh well, maybe one day.”  And the song ends. With her high heels in one hand and the other on my lower back, we walk into the darkness.  No fear, no voices, just the silence and peace of her presence

© 2012 thatguywriting


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow. Its really nice and reads very smoothly

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

184 Views
1 Review
Added on July 21, 2012
Last Updated on August 25, 2012

Author

thatguywriting
thatguywriting

that place you know, out there in that area, CA



Writing
Words Words

A Poem by thatguywriting