Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by selina.heydi
"

this is the prologue... obviously :D

"

Prologue


It’s pouring outside and the parking lot is empty. There’s no cars around- a Sunday, of course there wasn’t- so I walked straight through the lines of the lot. The rain drops fall harshly tonight, slapping my face every chance it got. Almost mockingly. Like they knew.

There’s no sun around, it’s all hidden behind the black clouds. The thick clouds that loved to roar above and spit on me. I let it, though. What else could I possibly do to stop it? Yell at it? 

I had that all out of me, already.

I felt my throat tighten as I neared the end of the lot. My pruny fingers traced the wall before I peered over. I was about three-stories high, slightly frightened, but it never stopped me from coming back.

I slipped my foot into the cremise of the wall and climbed myself on top. Though, the ledge itself was wet, I myself was already drenched in rain. Had it been my regular Sunday session, I’d have sweared to the moon.

The moon wasn’t here to hear it, why bother.

I crossed my legs on the cement wall, tucking my hands under my arms. My body trembled at the warmth my hands brought momentarily but went back to it’s shivering state shortly after. Maybe I should’ve watched the news before I left tonight. Maybe I wouldn’t shake, catch the cold I know I was gonna have.

Then I remembered I was feeling nothing. I was numb. There was no feeling on the inside, as there was barely anything stimulating my sense on the outside. 

It was like a state of paralysis and I was stuck like this forever.

I shoke my head around, my daggered fingers slicing through my hair and into my skin. It felt tight. Not a headach but tight. Like barbed wires tied around my head and into my scalp. My whole body felt tight, like a balloon about to erupt any second.

I stopped scratching. I may have pulled a few hairs out of my head along the way. My hands stiffened on either side of me, prompting me upright. I take a deep breathe, shutting my eyes. I set my head towards the clouds. Waiting for a sign.

“Eh, the f**k you doing up there?”



© 2021 selina.heydi


Author's Note

selina.heydi
id love to know where i could possibly fix things, how to add a bit more, stuff like that

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

20 Views
Added on October 6, 2021
Last Updated on October 6, 2021
Tags: #help


Author

selina.heydi
selina.heydi

Toronto, Ontario, Canada



About
i've been a writer since i was young but still have trouble holding onto ideas and continuing to write them into the stories i want them to be. i lack the proper critism i need to become better... HEL.. more..

Writing