How to Handle Life Post Plastic Surgery

How to Handle Life Post Plastic Surgery

A Story by Dr. Luiz Toledo
"

While the recovery period for a plastic surgery is not as long as it might get for an eyelid surgery, it still requires a careful recuperation period.

"
Period of recovery is inevitable no matter what kind of surgery one has gone through. While some people go for under the knife for some serious health complications, there are some who go under the knife as a corrective measure that includes plastic surgery or cosmetic surgery. Some people also go for eyelid surgery or cataract surgery, which are very specific to a certain health condition. But the plastic is surgery is mostly performed for nose jobs, face lifts, permanent make-ups and even for tummy tucks.

While the recovery period for a plastic surgery is not as long as it might get for an eyelid surgery, it still requires a careful recuperation period. So to make your life less stressful and to make your recovery period a smooth sail, here are some things you need to look into beforehand:

Arrange for a Caretaker

You will be under great stress of going through a surgery and that itself is a tough thing to handle. In such a situation, it is advisable to call for a close friend or a family member to not only look after you post-surgery but also provide you support, you might certain kind of discomfort or pain initially after the surgery that might make you unable to look after household chores. A caretaker will assist you in daily tasks and can also help in driving you to your doctor for your regular post-surgery appointments.

Keep Ice Packs Handy

A plastic surgery procedure mostly leaves the patient with bruised skin and makes it all the more sensitive. Keeping an ice pack handy will help you keeping your sore areas cool, while reducing the swelling and controlling the amount of pain your might be facing.

Be Regular On Your Medical Prescription

Staying true to what all precautions your surgeon has asked to take and also maintaining a strict schedule for your prescribed medicines is very important for optimum recovery. Most of the medication is provided to alleviate pain post-surgery. Mostly long recovery period surgeries like tummy tuck and facelift require medication to avoid any discomfort to the patient.

Avoid Workout
Any kind of intense exercise or workout is strictly forbidden post plastic surgery procedures. Any strenuous activity can be of great discomfort for the patient and might even increase the pain. Mostly surgeons advise to avoid exercise for at least a week or two depending on the complexity of the surgery.

Only a plastic surgeon can actually tell you what kind of post-surgery precautions are needed for quick recover. So it’s better to discuss these things with your surgeon beforehand.

© 2016 Dr. Luiz Toledo


Author's Note

Dr. Luiz Toledo
The author writes a lot about plastic surgery. He also shares information on eyelid surgery, visit www.luiztoledo.com

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

91 Views
Added on February 24, 2016
Last Updated on February 24, 2016
Tags: plastic surgery, eyelid surgery

Author

Dr. Luiz Toledo
Dr. Luiz Toledo

Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates



About
Dr. Luiz Toledo is known and respected an innovator in the surgical techniques of facial rejuvenation and body contouring. His skill as an international plastic surgeon combined with hi.. more..

Writing