Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by LyricDreamer
"

How Kiaria came to be.

"

Prologue

            Long, long ago, before the existence of Time, the world consisted of nothing but the sky, the sea, and the stars.

Then suddenly, there was everything.

            Water. Air. One Phoenix for each, one cobalt, and one pale blue. Together, they were the original two. These original two were cursed in a way, though. One was bound to the surface, the other the sky. Soon the two became lonely, and each wished desperately for company. And their wishes were heard.

            Earth suddenly appeared. Phoenix Earth was a brilliant emerald green, bringing with her the land: forests, mountains, fields, even the beach. Phoenix Earth was the gateway Phoenix that relied on both Water and Air to sustain her life and the life of her terrains.

            Next to come was Phoenix Fire. No one is quite sure how or why Fire came into existence, but Phoenix Earth was certainly grateful to her, as Phoenix Fire brought with her warmth to Earth’s ever changing lands. When Fire arrived, though, she had no place to call her own, and so Phoenix Earth created a mountain for her to live deep inside where she could stay and warm the earth. This domain of Fire came to be known as Phoenix Volcano.

            Now, with air to breathe, land to nurture, fire to keep warm, and a sea to complete, the Phoenix’s were, for the most part content. In their hearts, though, they all knew that something was missing. They had no one but each other to breathe the fresh air, explore the land, to be grateful for the warmth or admire the beauty of the sea.

            Brought into existence with the wish to have a connecting force between their elements was Phoenix Spirit, a lovely lavender and violet Phoenix. Spirit brought with her the creatures who were to reside over the land: Man. These creatures were delicate beings, much more so than the Phoenix’s. But, with Phoenix Spirit to nurture their souls, and the other Phoenix’s to shelter, protect, and guide them, these beings soon were thriving in their new world. This land came to be known as Kiaria (said: ky-air-ee-uh). No one but the Phoenix’s know what this word means, as it is derived from the ancient language of the Phoenix.

            Mankind was soon prosperous in this new land of Kiaria. They respected and loved this new land, and were blessed by their Phoenix’s. Soon a small village was thriving in numbers. These humans rarely saw the Phoenix’s, but loved them as their blessed deities. The Phoenix’s, though they had their own domains on land, resided in their own Sacred Realm, protected and protecting.

            However, as it is in the natural way of balance, where there is good, evil soon follows. A new element was soon brought into existence: shadow.

            One day, the village the humans worked so hard to create went up in flames. But this was no ordinary fire, for these flames were pure black. The villagers, unsure of what was happening, fled from the village and cried for the Phoenix’s to help them and save their village. The Phoenix’s heard the villager’s plea, and went to the village. They had never seen anything quite like what was before their eyes. The village was burning to the ground, and standing directly in the town square was a pure black lion, with eyes that could only be described as reminiscent of a tar pit. He saw the Phoenix’s, and took off running through the village. A chase ensued, with Earth, Spirit, and Fire flying off to catch this mysterious creature, while Water and Air combined their sacred forces to quench the flames. Eventually, the flames were gone, and this lion was soon cornered. Spirit spoke first, demanding who the creature was and why it was there, tormenting the village. Then all of the Phoenix’s heard its voice.

            I am not done. You have yet to see what I am capable of. This was only a small taste of what I can do. You have me cornered for now, but just wait to see what the future will hold…

            With a cackling laugh and a burst of smoke, the lion was gone, along with his flames. The villagers soon rushed the Phoenix’s, bowing and thanking them for saving their village. The Phoenix’s were still in shock from their encounter.

            Soon, the Phoenix’s were forced to see just what this strange creature, aptly titled the Dark Lord, meant with his words. Dark, twisted creatures, of many different kinds, soon began appearing and attacking the humans. The humans did the best they could to fight them off, but the Phoenix’s could see they would need help. The Phoenix’s cannot stay on land for an extended period of time, so they decided to create creatures of their own, two of them, to help the humans fight off these evil beings. They came together to give these new creatures the corresponding trait of each of their elements.

            Water gave them serenity, so that they may always know how to keep a cool head even when things get heated.

            Fire gave courage, so that even in the most frightening situation they may still continue forward.

            Earth gave strength, so they may fight until the very end.

            Air gave wisdom, so they may figure out what is right.

            And lastly, Spirit gave humanity, so that they will never lose themselves, even when all else seems lost.

            Thus, these two beings, to be called Alexa and Abigale, were brought into creation. These two were to have many powers, but alas, when they were born, they were both just infants, too young to fight. So the Phoenix’s placed a blessing on them: they would grow into their sacred powers, but in secrecy. Spirit was distraught at having the pressure of stopping the evils of the Dark Lord placed on children, so it was agreed that the children’s powers would be kept from them until they matured into them. To protect the humans now, the Phoenix’s placed a Blessing on them to allow them to keep fighting. Some were blessed with the Elemental powers of either Fire, Earth, Water, or Air. These humans had the ability to physically manipulate their affiliated element and bend it to their will. Their village, now a small town, also had a protection spell placed around it to ward off the evil creatures. This gave the humans a massive advantage in fighting the evil creatures of the Dark Lord, giving time for Alexa and Abby to mature into their powers.

            The Dark Lord soon got wind of the Phoenix’s new beings, though. He set out to create his own Vessel, to fight on his side against these creatures.

This story is a tale of Alexa and Abby, because little did they themselves realize that they were fated from the very start to protect their world from peril…



© 2015 LyricDreamer


Author's Note

LyricDreamer
What do you think? I hope the Elemantal powers part doesn't sound too cliche... but it felt almost wrong to NOT include it when the story is going to be a focus on Alexa, Abby, the Phoenix's and their powers. Any opinions on how to incorporate it are welcome! Also, does this make you want to keep reading? I hope so! Thanks for reading!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

The story sounds very interesting and I like your writing style but I think you don't really need this prologue since it's only backstory. Often it is better to just start with the first chapter and incorporate this information as you - for example in a conversation between characters, in someone's thoughts...
You have what I think can be a great story but don't give away too much right at the beginning.
I look forward to reading more.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

LyricDreamer

8 Years Ago

Thanks for the review! I appreciate the critique :) This isn't really the ENTIRE backstory, as there.. read more



Reviews

This sounds very interesting and has a good start! It would be great however, if not everything is revealed in the beginning, unless there are many more secrets of their origins to be revealed later. It is a great idea though, but some of the sentence structures can use some work.

Interested to see where this goes!

Posted 8 Years Ago


LyricDreamer

8 Years Ago

Thanks for the read! Trust me when I say that this is definitely NOT everything of their origins, mu.. read more
Your story is very interesting, I love the idea of the Phoenix amd their powers. I do think you have something here and look forward to the next chapter!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

LyricDreamer

8 Years Ago

Thanks for the read! :)
Nikolean

8 Years Ago

No problem :)
The story sounds very interesting and I like your writing style but I think you don't really need this prologue since it's only backstory. Often it is better to just start with the first chapter and incorporate this information as you - for example in a conversation between characters, in someone's thoughts...
You have what I think can be a great story but don't give away too much right at the beginning.
I look forward to reading more.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

LyricDreamer

8 Years Ago

Thanks for the review! I appreciate the critique :) This isn't really the ENTIRE backstory, as there.. read more
This would certainly be a fantasy novel worth reading and the elemental part was certainly cool. Keeping my fingers crossed on Alexa and Abby. Nice work.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

LyricDreamer

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much for reading!! I really appreciate it. :) I've had this story in the works for many.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

191 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 16, 2015
Last Updated on December 16, 2015
Tags: Fantasy, Romance, Magic, Fiction


Author

LyricDreamer
LyricDreamer

MD



About
I have ALWAYS loved writing. I have several stories I am hoping to get posted, and hopefully one at a time they will all get done! Most of these are stories I've been wanting to do for a long time, an.. more..

Writing