Euphoria tinged with despair...

Euphoria tinged with despair...

A Poem by Maggie Russell
"

Where love and obsession combine, what it feels like for me to have strong feelings for someone, in my typical Borderline obsessive way.

"
Just a sign of you is enough to pique my energy.
A green dot next to your name.
I have to be careful, I have to control myself, withdraw, pull back.
I want to be all "Hi, hi, hi, hi, here I am, pay attention to me, recognise me, acknowledge me, love me!"
But I can't do that now, can I?
I try to bide my time. Five minutes now seems like an eternity.
No messages. Eh.
You'll never say it in exactly those words, but I wonder why the hell you haven't told me to piss off.
I know it'll probably not elicit the same reaction in a month or two...
My soul inevitably crushed by the realisation I just don't want to dawn.
But for now I'm euphoric, living with some sort of misguided hope
A kind word can send me soaring, living on a high the strongest drugs could not aspire to replicate.
A lack of response...well...I start to panic, trying to grasp onto reason, clutching and failing
They're ignoring me. They don't want to talk. They don't like me.
I overthink and I'm stuck in that rut for the best part of a day or two...
This can and will repeat, time and time again
Slowly all the hope will wane from me...until I barely even notice their presence anymore...
Whereas one time, I needed, craved, their approval, it seemed to be as necessary as air...
But things change. People change. Life changes.
And nothing can stop it or slow it down.

© 2014 Maggie Russell


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

176 Views
Added on March 3, 2014
Last Updated on March 3, 2014
Tags: love, feelings, emotion, emotions, obsessive, unhealthy, mental, crazy, scary, happy, sad

Author

Maggie Russell
Maggie Russell

Perth, Australia



About
I'm a 23 year old Australian who is searching for her voice. I've always been creatively inclined and writing has been a pastime for over fifteen years. The main issue I have is staying motivated and .. more..

Writing
Meds. Meds.

A Poem by Maggie Russell