Tragic Tornado

Tragic Tornado

A Story by Sabrina

It began with a dream. No, not a dream, a nightmare. Dreams are peaceful and calm, this was a nightmare. Standing in the rain, wetness soaking me to the bone, until a bolt of light flashed through the sky in the distance. Thunder roared and a man appeared in front of me. “Follow me.” He said. His voice was wispy, and hard to hear.

“Who are you.” I ask. My mother had always given me warnings to never talk to strangers.

“I am your father.” He says a smile breaking through his face. “Rebecca, it’s me.”

“But, how?” I’m stunned. “My father died in a storm 10 years ago.”

“Yes. Much like the one you are in now.” He replies. “It’s me Rebecca, it’s me.”

“It’s not possible.” I want to believe him, but I can’t.

“It is Rebecca. Just follow me.” He pleads. “Just follow me and everything will be alright.”

“Fine, I’ll come, but...”

“Nothing will happen.” The man cuts me off.

He holds his hand out to me. I take it, and more people appear. “Wow. Where did they all come from?” I ask.
“They are the rest of the people in the storm the night that I died. The night the storm came” He says.

“Wait. You mean, you’re a ghost or something.” I drop the man’s hand and all the other people disappear.

“Yes, no. It’s hard to explain. I’m not actually dead, but I am. It’s like vampires but, not like vampires.” He tries to explain.

“So, you can’t die, but there’s none of that fangs and such?” I question.

“Kind of. It’s hard to explain.” He says. He reaches out his hand again, and I take it. The people show up again. The rain pours down harder and harder. “Umbrella? ‘Dad’ asks. I take the umbrella that randomly appeared in his hand and we walk over to a small concrete building to take shelter.

“We are going to be going through the events that we took till my death.” He says.

“Then what will happen to me?” I inquire.

“I don’t know.” He answers.

“Ummm, maybe I shouldn't do this.” I say praying I don’t die.

“Don’t worry it only makes it worse. The tornado is about to start.” He tells me.

“Quick. Let’s try to find shelter.” I shout above the rising sounds.

We walk into the building and walk over to a corner. I start running over to a storm drain pulling the man who claims to be my dad with me. Even if he isn’t my father, I might as well save his life. “This isn’t the way we are supposed to go.” The man says.

“We can take shelter in the storm drain.” I shout. I tug the man’s arm and pull him into the storm drain. I drop in next to him and pull the umbrella through as though I were closing a door.

An ear piercing roar comes from outside and the noise tells me the tornado has started. The storm drain rocks back and forth and soon is lifted up off the ground. I screech. Soon we are picked up to speed and start spinning around in the vortex of the tornado. I hold on for dear life to my father. “We are going to make, we are going to make it.” I shout out as though praying out loud to anyone who will listen.

“Rebecca!” My father shouts as the drain tilts and we fall out. The umbrella rips from its pole. The pole is left useless in my hands and I drop it. We fall yet float through the air. The noise starts to get quieter and the winds start dying down. Soon my father and I are at an 100 foot free fall. We fall down, down, down, gripping onto each other. We finally land. I land on my back with my dad on top of me. “Rebecca, I love.” He says. My breathing is getting slower and slower. “Rebecca!” He shouts shaking me. “Rebecca don’t die!” He shouts. “I love you dad.” I manage. “Don’t die on me Rebecca! You can’t die after this! You saved me, you can’t die!” He shouts. “Tell mom I love her.” I whisper. Then the world goes black.

::|::|::|::|:::|::|::|::|::

“Rebecca!” A familiar voice shouts up the stairs to me. I sit up in bed and yawn. “I’ll be down in a minute.” I shout back down. I walk down the stairs and see my dad.

“But, I thought...” I start.

“Shhh...” Dad says. “You saved my life.”

© 2015 Sabrina


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

83 Views
Added on May 30, 2015
Last Updated on June 2, 2015

Author

Sabrina
Sabrina

Somewhere Over The Rainbow



About
I love to write and read! I love realistic fiction and poetry. I find writing comes more freely while listening to music. You should try! I like to write about what is on my mind. The people on here m.. more..

Writing
One One

A Book by Sabrina