11:11 (realisation)

11:11 (realisation)

A Poem by Sophie
"

A realisation I want to share

"
A wonderful and strong feeling.
On the back of a horse, steady and fierce, the breeze blowing my hair behind me.
A prayer for the angels, not a request but a thank you.
I can see the connection between now and before, when I was blessed with this feeling of trust and strength.
And the second blessing makes everything clear, the reasons why I stand tall, the reason why I stay steady and fierce as the breeze blows my hair behind me.
Ego is a tall brick wall, but the bricks are as delicate as clouds. It can be knocked down with a thought or two, and behind it lies the truth.
The stars of the past decorate the sky for all of us to see,
Hurtful words and unkind thoughts do not belong to thee.
Do not be defensive, do not be offended, when the ego cries and breaks a bone know that the ego's not you.
Be free.
Be free to hear what everyone says, be free to accept it all, be free to hear negative words and know that they do not belong to you.
Give love to everything and yourself, decorate the sky with love like the stars of the past.

© 2016 Sophie


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Awesome poem :) I felt like I was moving while reading it :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


Great!!!

It's a really good write with the strong message... Most of us take criticism personally and think about it, but I like what you said in the poem, we must not take them personally because they don't belong to us... We must let go of our ego to let us be free... This is how one can find the beauty of life... Ego makes us wear an invisible glass which stops us from seeing and experiencing the real world...

Very well done Sophie, I completely agree with what barleygirl said... It's the perfect review...

Sincerely
Dhiman

Posted 8 Years Ago


I really love this piece becuz of the way you weave reality & fantasy with much imagination. I think there's a rather harsh review below, which I want to rebut. The word "wonderful" is one of those words (along with "beautiful" and "happy") that has lost meaning thru overuse. I think we should all try to choose different & more unusual words whenever possible, becuz this is what makes our writing even more unique & less cliché. Your writing is very original & more thoughtful word choices could make it even more so. The thesaurus is my constant companion when writing.

To continue rebutting the harsh review, I have to say your line about ego being a brick wall, but delicate as clouds -- this is a brilliant description! I love when a writer uses contrasts to show us how all things have dark and light, weak and strong, etc. Your analogy is very imaginative, too. Please let us not be using Trump as any kind of an example of what ordinary people think, feel, & do.

I get the feeling this is a poem where the narrator is kinda giving herself a pep talk . . . talking oneself thru the challenges of life, the insecurities, etc. Maybe this is perfect for the undeserved critique below, becuz there will always be those who do not "get" us & compare us to their own limited frame of reference. This poem is the VERY ANSWER to such an unduly harsh critique, when you come to think of it, & I love when life serves up such delicious ironies as that.

Another line I love is: "the stars of the past decorate the sky for all of us to see" . . . this might be one of the most ingenious ways I've ever seen this said. It's so true. I was sexually abused for many years as a child & it's part of the stars in my sky . . . this helps us honor such experiences for the way they have made us strong, or more understanding of others in similar broken situations. I love the way this line & this poem suggest that we celebrate all the parts of life, even the tough stuff.

Posted 8 Years Ago


• A wonderful and strong feeling

You may be overwriting—going for pretty at the expense of meaning. Isn't any wonderful feeling wonderful?
And how do I relate riding a horse to the structure of ego? In fact, what has any of it do do with riding a horse?

I also will quibble the fragility of ego. Look at Donald Trump. ;)

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Sophie

8 Years Ago

This was very personal and definitely won't be clear to everyone. I don't believe you can overwrite,.. read more
JayG

8 Years Ago

The moment you hand your work to someone else you, and everything about you becomes irrelevant. It's.. read more
Very tender and pretty. Even though I do not believe and I cannot understand the nature of a prayer, I could sense your emotions here. I like the contrast between long and short lines. Keep it up.

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

524 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 20, 2016
Last Updated on July 20, 2016
Tags: Trust, faith, universe, ego, love

Author

Sophie
Sophie

United Kingdom



Writing
Rain Rain

A Poem by Sophie


In Love In Love

A Poem by Sophie



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


pitter patter pitter patter

A Chapter by Papaya