The Grand Symphony

The Grand Symphony

A Story by Shadi El Asaad

The heavens were burning tonight, suppressed with the boiling need to leave no space untraced. The night sky was a matrix of endless stars shooting aimlessly, only to disappear once again into the blackness, reinforcing plentiful more to join the parade. It was a sword seamlessly maneuvering, flexing and dancing to the heart-beating of the universe, lacerating the sky with temporary scars. That, there, was alive; I saw it pounding, I felt the ground vibrating to that same beating, the trees gently brushing the air, rustling to that tone, it was magical. It was musical, I heard piano notes, faint and slowly climbing up the abyss, getting louder until the melody filled the vastness of the heavens. These were not any piano notes, they were leading the night’s show, an orchestra of supreme grandiosity. Everything was in perfect tune.

I looked down at my feet and saw a baby girl, skin pure as a snowflake. I took a step backward. She opened her mouth and an angel’s voice broke through, “Ascend”.
I looked back up but the view was different this time.
“Do not panic, this shall not take long”, the music stopped, I didn’t see a dotted black fabric being slashed back and forth, instead it was home, i saw Earth. It wasn’t blue, green, or golden, It was fiery red, havoc and chaos, it reeked of burning flesh. The screaming was almost deafening, I closed my eyes and covered my ears in hope of stopping this constant roaring.
“Descend”, a voice rang inside my head.

I slowly opened my eyes like a newborn seizing his first look at a cruel bitter world, finally home.
But oh my, I was bleeding, of a hundred slits covering the entirety of my body, evenly deposited like the slashing of a skilled swordsman, so beautifully marked. My hands were trembling, fright and terror. The hair on my head stood on end, wishing escape. I could hear my heart beating, but nothing else.
I bled… I bled.

© 2016 Shadi El Asaad


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

That was a very nice work, you worked on that in a very mysterious way and you made the reader imagine the scene .
I liked this "I slowly opened my eyes like a newborn seizing his first look at a cruel bitter world, finally home." It's more like describing how someone feels when they are exposed to something for the first time and so it was very well written . :D
Great work

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

175 Views
1 Review
Added on September 7, 2016
Last Updated on September 7, 2016
Tags: Death, Fiction, Mental, Nature, Stars, Subconsciousness

Author

Shadi El Asaad
Shadi El Asaad

Tyre, South Lebanon, Lebanon



About
Intrigued by the odds and ends of space; admirer of chaos. Constructive criticism is much appreciated. more..

Writing