Moving on -Death

Moving on -Death

A Story by Shahan Khan
"

Life goes on

"
They say "one cant elude death, it is written in ones fate as soon as a person is born."
What is it about dying that scares people? I think of death as a catastrophe, it leaves people all ruptured and fragmented in bits to see the light of ones life go astray.
For me, I dont fear death as much as I fear seeing people die. Losing people has always been my immense agitation.
The worse is when you lose your beloved one in a way where you know you can never have to see their winsome face or feel their caress touch, or see them guiding you and standing right there with you through every obstacle, every hindrance, every hardship you come across in your life. And when you come in reality with the fact that your root has been stamped out from this world you are all dismantled.
I never knew what it is like to lose someone entirely till I lost you.
"Dad! Can you hear me?"
"Can you see the tears rolling down my cheek?"
I dont know if he can hear me or apprehend what I am feeling.
There are lot of questions inside of me.
I never though of death or dying before, as much as I think of it now.
Are people scared when they see it coming? What thoughts are there in their mind when they espy the death.
And when they are gone there comes a phase for those who are still here "moving on". Moving on in life after losing your beloved is the hardest thing to do.
You call out their name, you search for them at places where you always found them. And when you dont hear their voice back or you could see him at those places you get reminded of the ugly truth and you are in tears. And you wish to see them again. But you do. You do see them, in your dreams. That gives you a sense that they havent left you.. they still are there with you. And that thought acts like a consolation to you... and when you are giving yourself such a solace.. you indeed are MOVING ON.
So you know now if you are truly connected to someone you will always feel their presence and see them guiding you. You dream about them .. and then you know that too is real. Dreams are real.
Im glad that I can see him when I close my eyes .. atleast that way I know hes still with me, listening to me and I havent lost him completely.

© 2017 Shahan Khan


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

90 Views
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on January 5, 2017
Last Updated on January 5, 2017

Author

Shahan Khan
Shahan Khan

Srinagar, Jammu And Kashmir, India



Writing