The Harsh Life -LGBT

The Harsh Life -LGBT

A Story by Shahan Khan

“Hey! Are you a guy or a girl?"
“Why do you dress up like a guy?”
“Dont you like being a girl?”
"If you are a girl, then why do you behave like guys?”
“Are you gay?”
People broke him to atoms with all these questions. Easier for them to ask as they are not pinned in this hapless situation. They dont know how it was like to be the odd one out, to be looked at with abhorrence. What they didnt know was, Its not what he chose to be, its just who he is. After all who would want to get alienated. Who would want to get entangled into all these reckless questions? Who would want to get mortified infront of the whole crowd when asked such things? He never knew what to tell them, What answer he should put on the table. Most of the time he stays silent, while sometimes he smiles and responses in a polite tone so no one would get ferocious as he says “Im a guy stuck in girls body” in a hope maybe they would understand his condition and wont judge him.How could he expect such things from inhumane humanity. He was living in a false hope. They laugh at him, He laughs with them, trying to be cool about it. but little do they know,?, that just teared him apart and even though he tries to stay strong hes all devastated. They all would make fun of him, and he would just smile. OH! that broken smile no one could read those lips when he smiled that way. People made him feel inferior and menial. What possibly could he do, how should he react? He tried to lie and would get fierce when asked such stuff. What would be the cause? Still hes the only one getting hurt. He wants to fight for his diginity infront of others but inside its the same old story of brokeness. And when he would look at the happy faces of people and says to himself,”Why?” Alone he sits and weeps on his fate. Loved ones would make him believe that its all okay, you are all fine, they would comfort him by saying ” You are unique, and special the way you are”. But hearing taunts, getting teased and put to shame, being someone everyone would laugh at, Is that what we call being special? Special people are given love and everyone adores them. But here the case was different. Some try to comfort him while others try to change him.. talking about religion. The God of his religion does not allow being the way he is, they say. But if his God has made him this way why has He cursed people like him? He never wanted to be this way, And when hes all suffering and shattered they tell him God has sent curse upon people like you. He was very fond of his religion when he was a child, but now he does not know what his God wants from him, he does not know what his religion is actually like. His own religion killed him. His society killed him. His own people killed him. What was his mistake? He was special as some people would say? Or he was just not created like others? His mistake was that he was born in a hypocrite society, society who would talk about equality, in-discrimination, would talk about rights of LGBT but when they see one and talk to one they would just kill him with their words and actions, maybe some would support him but on his back they would just gossip about him. Society may comfort him but at the same time the same society will damage him to the point where nothing could ever fix him. LGBT rights are not enough for people like him, they just dont need the rights they want people to accept them, to make them feel as one. Some societies doesnt care about it but there still are people who would kill such a person.

© 2017 Shahan Khan


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
¿
Never know from how harsh they go through....since birth and till now!
It's inspiring and got strong voice...thanks for sharing😊

Posted 5 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

133 Views
1 Review
Added on January 5, 2017
Last Updated on January 5, 2017

Author

Shahan Khan
Shahan Khan

Srinagar, Jammu And Kashmir, India



Writing