Black Love

Black Love

A Poem by Ice Penada
"

What color reminds you of your loved ones?

"

I love you like how I love the color black. Everyone sees it as either too dark or too sophisticated. It is dark, but not in the way that brings you sadness when you look at it but rather expresses that the world needs shade to make everything else look brighter. And yes, it is sophisticated, a classy color that not everyone can pull off. It takes good sense to find what to partner with it.

And that is you.

You are the black in my spectrum.

My favorite color.

I could've chosen a bright yellow or passionate red but I chose you. Because you're the shade that makes me feel brighter even though you couldn't get any darker. You are the complicated hue that not everyone gets along with but when they do, they become their best. You may not be there once a beautiful rainbow appears but without you covering the sky before, people won't appreciate those cascading colors.

Do not lose your color just to prove that you can be different. You can't be gray.

© 2016 Ice Penada


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

121 Views
Added on September 27, 2016
Last Updated on September 27, 2016
Tags: love, color, black, comparison

Author

Ice Penada
Ice Penada

Philippines



About
I am in love with words and their power to move people. I am a living irony. more..

Writing
My Own My Own

A Poem by Ice Penada


Okay Okay

A Story by Ice Penada


Irony Irony

A Story by Ice Penada