Two Endings

Two Endings

A Poem by Ice Penada
"

My view on relationships

"

There are only two endings.

We get married or we forget everything.

You see, I don't want to give my attention, time, effort, and love to someone who thinks that our relationship is just temporary. Unless he could see himself spending the rest of his life with me, I don't want to give in. Marriage has always been the main reason why people take chances in falling in love. I might be too young to settle down right now but I have a clear view of what future I want and all I need is consistency.

But of course life is unfair and somewhere in the middle of a perfect little story, everything gets messed up. And the only ending for that is to forget everything. Forget what happened, why it happened, how it happened, and who was with you when it happened. Yes, it shows cowardice to completely erase the memories, thus trying to null the pain. But would you be brave enough to face him again, sometime in the future when he has everything in the perfect place while as you seem to be losing it? That's why there's no other choice but to forget.

You can never be friends with someone you fell in love with. You will keep on replaying what happened between you and him until you let the old flame rekindle. If you can stay close yet too far to him, it only means that you still love him or maybe, you were never in love in the first place. And I don't know which one will make you feel worse.

© 2016 Ice Penada


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Beautiful author websites
Stop wasting time and money on Wix & Wordpress. Authors are creating beautiful websites with Myauthor.space FREE!
Compartment 114
Compartment 114

Stats

129 Views
Added on September 27, 2016
Last Updated on September 27, 2016
Tags: relationship, endings, love, marriage

Author

Ice Penada
Ice Penada

Philippines



About
I am in love with words and their power to move people. I am a living irony. more..

Writing
My Own My Own

A Poem by Ice Penada


Okay Okay

A Story by Ice Penada


Irony Irony

A Story by Ice Penada