Death

Death

A Poem by ShaneBerry
"

Seth, The Ruler of death.

"
Death

Out of Breath,
The beast of Seth,
No one beside,
No one is near,
Cold
Bitter,
And old.
The reaper enters.
He is the keeper,
The shepherd,
And I,
I am the Leper,
The dieing,
The dead,
And my last breath,
Is taken by Seth,
Seth, 
The ruler of 
Death.

© 2010 ShaneBerry


Author's Note

ShaneBerry
well before any one asks, "who is Seth?" look up Seth in Egyptian terms.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Actually... Set (or Seth because it can be spelled in various ways) isn't the god of death. He's the god of the desert, storms, darkness, and chaos. Not death. Anubis or Osiris are considered the Egyptian Gods of death.

But if you look at it despite the inaccuracies... the flow and rhythm is great and I love the imagery with the Reaper and the Leper. Really nice decay.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Once again, I find myself agreeing with Devons, this is the weakest of the four, but it is still good and does still have a lot of talent, I just didn't feel much from it. Good write though!
-Cathrine

Posted 13 Years Ago


again, Devon is right. probably the weakest of the four, but still amazing. still loving the detail included and the message behind these. nice work.

Posted 13 Years Ago


wow your poem is so intense and powerful. Very good

Posted 13 Years Ago


Though not as meaningful as the others in this collection of universal poems, this one has a profundity of power and finality which truly marks the existence of death almost like hammering nails through a coffin lid. Very succinctly and expertly delivered.

Posted 13 Years Ago


WOW this is powerful and amazing.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Whether we want to admit it or not we all, deep down somewhere, fear death.

Posted 13 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

cold bitter .. dying all alone .. taken by seth .. short yet so intriguing !

Posted 13 Years Ago



2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

368 Views
17 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 5, 2010
Last Updated on June 5, 2010

Author

ShaneBerry
ShaneBerry

denton, TX



About
My Chemical Romance “The Ghost of You” Name: Shane Douglas Berry Age: Born on 8/4/1992 Hair color: Brown Eye color: Green Skin color: White, Freckled Tattoos: Oroborus (red, center.. more..

Writing
Original Original

A Poem by ShaneBerry



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Blackbird Blackbird

A Poem by Sara