A Long Drop And A Sudden Stop

A Long Drop And A Sudden Stop

A Poem by ShaneBerry
"

lol cooked dis one up after repo

"

A Long Drop And A Sudden Stop

 

Watchen your weight,

Wishen you were still twenty eight.

Bitchen bout polotics,

Try’in not to be an alchoholic.

Old grudges,

Past loven.

Sometimes I wonder why it bothers us all.

Payin bills,

Poppin pills,

Sometimes I wonder why we  just don’t get with it!

Cause we all wind up in alittle pine box,

With a kinda long drop,

And a sudden stop!

© 2010 ShaneBerry


Author's Note

ShaneBerry
the grave robber to me is the best character ever in a rock opera, i wish i was him lol, and i wish he would read this lol

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This reminds me of the line from the first Pirates of the Caribbean movie. I think the reason we can't just "get with it" is because we will wind up in that "pine box" very soon. So why go with the flow if it is not your own?

Posted 11 Years Ago


I like the way you captured the narrator's speech patterns in the poem. They were consistent enough to be believable and genuine.

Have you considered separating the poem up into stanzas? I think putting this into four stanzas (4-3-3-3) could help make the messages you're telling the reader more distinct and clear. Especially with the first two ending with periods and the last two with exclamation marks. It shows a crescendo of message and emotion through the piece.

You did a great job on this poem. You captures your character well, and showed the various different things he's worried about or doesn't think we should worry about. Well done!

Posted 11 Years Ago


This is a great write.

Posted 12 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

HaHo,
Yes, to visualize death and wonder was it fun?
Life and Light!
TT-TTO-NI-K
Elk

Posted 13 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Speaking truth with a bit of demented very interesting. This poen is very relatable to everyone in all mature places in life. Very nice.

Posted 13 Years Ago


thats a tough one ShaneBerry. But, what else we got to do. thanks for sharing

Posted 13 Years Ago


The way you've written some of your words ( I don't know if they were mispelt or intended to be that way) does kind of work, it's got an under-class feeling, nice, quirky write, a little different from your usual which can be self-indulgent at times.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I don't know. A grave robber could be a dangerous job. I like this poem. The many questions so many ask daily. Are we doing anything for any purpose? No wasted words. A strong poem with a very good ending. Thank you.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

good write

Posted 13 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

goo job

Posted 13 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

888 Views
29 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on August 10, 2010
Last Updated on August 10, 2010

Author

ShaneBerry
ShaneBerry

denton, TX



About
My Chemical Romance “The Ghost of You” Name: Shane Douglas Berry Age: Born on 8/4/1992 Hair color: Brown Eye color: Green Skin color: White, Freckled Tattoos: Oroborus (red, center.. more..

Writing
Original Original

A Poem by ShaneBerry



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..