boba fett the last of the mandalorians

boba fett the last of the mandalorians

A Chapter by its_shamrock
"

this is a small taste of my book i am writing about boba fett after return of the jedi let me know what you think tell me if you would read more

"

With trek holding up boba under his arm the two made their way to the end of the hanger. The sounds of the resistance going up against the army the first order had brought was well as the knights of ren could be heard as clear as day. It would only be a few minutes untill this place would be overrun and everything boba and trek had been working so hard for would be lost. As they ran to the last ship that was still operational on this whole planet trek let himself hope a little.

“ you see just a few more steps and we are there hang on you old b*****d” trek said with a smile

“ i still young enough to kick you a*s “ boba said with a heavy breath.

Trek laughed trying to not let the fear show through his smile. It was easy to see that boba was not in any shape to fight anymore. In the past week since he and trek had first met each other their wasn’t even as much as a moment's rest for the old mandalorian. Boba had fought like a man half his age but at a cost. Such strain put a toll on his body injuries plagued the old bounty hunter. He looked down at his once perfect armor to find it was covered head to toe in battle scars everything from a rancor cut one his side, blastor marks on his shoulder, he even added a lightsaber scorch on his chest plate courtesy of a run in with a sith apprentice. Boba was as much a threat as a womp rat in his current condition. He would have made the people of mandalore proud with how well he had fought if it wasn’t for the fact that he was last of his kind. The last warrior, the one one in which the mandalorian will would die with.

As the sound of blaster became even louder now trek and boba finally reached the ship. Trek sat boba down leaning him against the side of the ship. Boba took his helmet of revealing that even in his old age his face could still look even more weathered and beaten down in such a short time

“ you sit here I am going to get the engines going it will only take a minute”

“Just hurry alright i will hold off anyone that comes through” boba said with every word coming out a little harder than the last.

Trek went inside the ship and quickly found the pilot seat and began going through the standard startup operation he had done a thousand times over on his ship before. Only to find that the ship didn’t start fear crept  into trek’s mind what could it be?? The propulsion system, an engine malfunction, does the ship not have fuel cells? This and a million more ideas popped into his head. He ran back to boba.

“ the ship isn't starting what do we do?” Trek screamed franticly.

“ calm down boba yelled” this is an old cargo ship it probably needs a few minutes to warm up and get the engines going. Go back in and hold the throttle on until you hear the engines kick in.”

“Alright i’ll do tha-”  trek was cut off by the screams of the one man he didn't want to see for the rest of his life.

“MANDALORIAN!!!” Kylo ren shouted with all of his might breaking through the blast door with a force push signifying  he had broken through the last line of defence the rebels held.

“ where are you !?” kylo shouted.

Outside the ship boba just sat there hearing the screams of the sith easily. not so much worried or scared but sad. He thought of the first time he had gone on a hunt with his father all those years ago and how he had been scared to pull the trigger back then.  the words his father had said to him then were now ringing in his mind louder than ever before “ We are mandalorians boba the last of our kind. we were once a proud race of warriors that sent fear even into the hearts of the jedi. We did not do this because we were the strongest or the fastest. We did this because we have done what all mandalorians before us had done when facing the creatures that all else in the galaxy run and hide from. Boba the mandalorians were the bravest.”

With that boba knew what needed to be done pushing himself off of the ground boba mustered what strength he had left and turned to trek inside the ship

“ kid no matter what happens take off as soon as you can without me”

“ what no i am not leaving you. We Have fought to hard to get here I'm not letting you die!”

“ kid it is my time i am an old man who has cheated death to many times to count i have killed the innocent and stole from the poor maybe in my last moments i can do something that actually matters.

Trek began to cry as he knew their was no stopping the old bounty hunter. Boba began to walk towards the screams of the sith apprentice grabbing his helmet and putting it on for what could be the last time.


© 2016 its_shamrock


Author's Note

its_shamrock
this is towards the end of the book let me know if i should make this into a whole story

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

92 Views
Added on April 13, 2016
Last Updated on April 13, 2016
Tags: starwars, boba, fett, scifi