Ten things I think about you

Ten things I think about you

A Story by ShayRad21
"

This is part of a story I'm attempting to write. I want your opinion and feedback on it so, feel free to give me ideas and correct me (:

"

Rain pelted down on her as she searched frantically for him amongst a vast sea of vehicles. "God... please... Don't let him have left yet." She turned just in time to see the tail of his blue leather coat disappear around the corner. She took off at a run, her heels sending dropplets of water flying as she raced after him. "Jazz! Jazz, please wait!" He throat, tired and swollen, clench, not allowing the words fly very far from her. God please! Let him here me! She prayed as she raced around the corner, hoping against all hope that something would cause him to turn around and see her. Her heel snapped, causing her ankle to twist painfully beneath her. She cried out, stumbling while she kicked off her other shoe. She HAD to get his attention. She could see him. She could see beads of water clinging needily to each spike of his black hair, the chill bumps on the back of his neck... she was so CLOSE! She worked up all her strength and screamed, "JASPER WYATT GRANT! PLEASE, STOP!" This time he heard her, stopped and turned.

 

"Jinx?"  She didn't stop. In fact, she went barreling straight into him, sending them both collapsing into a large puddle of water that had accumulated from the rain gutter a few feet away. She kissed him, again and again, ignoring the icy rain and the people staring down at them. He kissed her back, hands running across the small of her back. He pulled back after a moment before kissing her on the end of the nose. "Not that I'm complaining but... Shouldn't you be on a plane to France?" She was panting, her body screaming for oxygen, her sore throat tightening with every breath she took. She shivered against his soaked shirt.

 

" I... I found the list.... In my coat pocket." She opened her fist so he could see the small slip of paper. "Jazz," she croaked out. "I lied... I didn't want to go... but I thought-- thought you didn't want me any more.... so I was going to go... but then I read this." She wanted to continue but her throat hurt so bad she couldn't force another word out. Her hand fluttered to her throat as he helped her stood up.

 

He noticed, pulling her close to him. "You lied to me! You're still sick!" She cowered against his side, shivering. "Did you-- find...?"

 

"Find what?" He looked down at her quizzically. She raised her the hand with the paper in it.

 

"I made one too, remember?" She mouthed.

 

"Oh... No... but I'll read it later okay? Let me take you home." He took his jacket off and threw it over her shoulders, his eyes scanning the roads for an empty cab. When he spotted one, he picked her up in his arms and shoved a chuncky business man out of the way, and jumping in. He quickly gave the cab driver his address and pulled Jinx to him. "I'm... glad you decided not to go. I...was a jerk... and I'm sorry for it. I can't live without you. The thought of you going off to France... hurt and..." He looked down at her and smiled, she was sleeping against his chest, her breath rasping out of her throat in quick bursts. He stared at him a moment and then remembered the note. He reached into his jacket pocket and pulled out a small scrap of paper. On the small folded flap, in her crooked cursive, were the words, "Ten things... I think about when I look at Jazz". He smiled and tapped the folded paper against his thumb nail a moment before opening it. He smiled as he read the list.

 

1-I think about how safe I feel when he's holding me

2-I think about how alone I feel when he isn't there

3-I think about what it would be like to 'sleep' with him

 

He stopped at that one, eye brows raised. That one shocked him. Although Jinx wasn't innocent by any means, she had always pressed for a monogomous relationship. He loved her, so it was something that could wait till she was ready... but she thought about it, and that shocked him. He pulled her close enough to feel her heartbeat and continued reading.

 

4-I think about how much I appreciate him not pushing me into things I don't want to do

 

He grinned. She loved him for that? He kept reading.


5-I think about how lonely my world would be without him in it

 

He smiled and kissed the top of her head. She sighed happily in her sleep and snuggled closer. He felt the same about her. He stared at her for a moment and continued reading.


6-I think about how much more I've laughed since he wormed his way into my life
7-I think about how much I enjoy wrapping my arms around him and kissing him
8-I think about how I would rather spend all my time with him rather than doing anything else.
9-I think about how much I would risk just to be with him [everything]
10-I think about how I would never do anything in my life to hurt him... ever and that if something I did or said hurt him, how bad it'd hurt me.

 

He read the note several times, stopping when a gruff, "We're here" issued from the front seat. He tucked the note into his back pocket, paid the cab driver, and bundled Jinx into his arms. Once inside the apatment, he set her down on the couch and gently shook her awake.

 

"Hey... Hey Jinx?" he kissed  her on the cheek. "Go take a hot shower. I'll lay some clothes out for you huh?" She stumbled into the bathroom and he heard the shower running. He found some clothes; an oversized flannel shirt and shorts, and quietly laid them on the counter. While she warmed up, Jazz slid his shirt over his head and  reached for a towel. He dried his hair off and changed his pants, sliding into a comfortable pair of sweatpants and sinking onto the small couch.  When Jinx came out, she stumbled to him, burrying her face into his bare chest. Her skin burned against his chilled flesh. His brows furrowed with worry. She had a fever, a high one. He picked her up and laid her flat on the bed, turning to dig up some tylenol and water. After she took the medicine, he crawled into bed with her, pulling the comfotor around the both of them. She curled her body into his stomach, groaning quietly. He wrapped his arms around her. if she was still running a fever in the morning, he'd take her to the hospital, for now though... sleep was what they BOTH needed. He kissed her forhead and whispered, "I love you a thousand red skittles Jinx." Before he closed his eyes, he couldswear he saw her smiling.

© 2010 ShayRad21


Author's Note

ShayRad21
So... this is like the middle part.
She has a note she has to read and then there's a hospital/Jazz's apartment get well ending. Should I give up or add?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

261 Views
Added on June 4, 2010
Last Updated on June 4, 2010

Author

ShayRad21
ShayRad21

Writing
The First Date The First Date

A Screenplay by ShayRad21


You're back You're back

A Story by ShayRad21