Together

Together

A Poem by sheila.j

Death lives endlessly in my mind; you live endlessly in my mind. I wake to the sickening shock of your departure. Confused with the reality I live in; the reality that you don’t. Most of the time I struggle to marry logic with the emotion of your passing. I know you died, but I rarely accept it. And in the brief moments that I do, I am blinded by anguish. So I live as if you are across some distant ocean. Believing you are simply breathing new air that I have yet to taste. Like this separation is only semi-permanent, like maybe I will see you in another time but somehow still in this life. Perhaps another universe. Like we are together in another timeline right now. A place where the hopes I still desperately hold on to come to fruition. A place where there is still time to coax you from the edge. A place where my word and tears and love are enough to save you. Where we back away from the abyss one slow step at a time until we are running hand in hand through fields of blooming poppies. Where we dance and sing and laugh, again and again and again until we become pure light together.

© 2023 sheila.j


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Swallowing hard here, realizing how very much this applies to someone I loved and lost. I crazy love this, Sheila. Thank you!

Posted 1 Year Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

56 Views
1 Review
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 14, 2023
Last Updated on February 14, 2023

Author

sheila.j
sheila.j

Boulder, CO



About
Just a demented, poetic astrophysicist in the making. more..

Writing
Cosmos Cosmos

A Poem by sheila.j


I miss you I miss you

A Poem by sheila.j