Ways To Say Goodbye Preview

Ways To Say Goodbye Preview

A Chapter by Shelby Marie

Marie’s father had noticed how captivated she was by the sunset. He once took her to his and Katherine’s favourite place, Mulholland Drive. Katherine would insist on spending at least 3 nights a week at Mulholland Drive. It was where they had their first date after all. Every time they would go, it would be exactly the same, he would wrap one arm over her shoulder, she would place one hand on his stomach and rest her head on his chest, listening to his overbeating heart. The sound of his heart beating faster than usual made the butterflies flutter around her stomach, knowing she could do that to him was all she needed to understand she would learn to love this man with so much passion and they would grow old together, their favourite place to be many years from now would be their front porch, sitting in the matching rocking chairs they had bought one day at the flea market, watching their grandchildren chase one another, surrounding the garden with heavenly giggles. “We would sit here for hours, waiting for the sun to set. It was always your mother’s favourite part. She loved the colour change, just like you. Her favourite colour’s also was pink and purple, just like you. It’s almost like she’s still here.” Marie’s father would smile to himself as he watched the sun set go down. Marie would watch her father admire the view and her heart would beat almost as fast as her father’s did when her mother lay in his arms. 



© 2015 Shelby Marie


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

121 Views
Added on September 22, 2015
Last Updated on September 22, 2015


Author

Shelby Marie
Shelby Marie

Doncaster, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom



Writing