The Biggest surprise of my life (Moms New Fling = Aubrey's New Life)

The Biggest surprise of my life (Moms New Fling = Aubrey's New Life)

A Chapter by Shimae Parks
"

This book is about a girl who finds out her mom has left her a house in France due to her recent running off with a new man to the Cayman Islands.

"

       As Sunrise gleams on the window, and noises of peaceful sleep emerge near by, a ring from a distant becomes louder and louder with each click of the time. Rolling back and forth, pulling her covers over her face, Aubrey decides to go back to sleep hitting her alarm clock for it to stop ringing, as minutes go by Aubrey becomes later and later for school each minute that Aubrey stays asleep.

      twenty minutes later Aubrey’s roommate Caroline comes in the door and hears the alarm going off, 


wake up she shouted your late for school I bet you heard it and turned over. "


    Aubrey looks at the time and realizes that the time said 8 O’clock. Aubrey starts to panic she jumps up out of the bed, grabs her pants and grabs her shirt, she beginnings chanting I’m late, I’m late, running through the house grabbing her books and putting them franticly in her backpack racing towards the door. Caroline starts to laugh and try’s to talk to her but Aubrey wasn’t paying Caroline any mine, all she could think about was the time. Aubrey reaches for the door, when, Caroline hands her the phone requesting her to call her mother who previously called and ask for her, but she was asleep at the time. Aubrey grabs the phone and yells, I got to go, while running down the hall, and down the stairs to the front door of the apartments.

       Racing to school Aubrey dials the number for her mom and calls her. 


"Good morning mother," Aubrey says.

" I am late for school can I call you back later."


 Getting closer to the school Aubrey sees a set of stairs near by and decides to take a short cut to school when her mother tells her the big news that she was on her way to the Cayman Islands with her new fiancé Vincent Grey. Aubrey stops walking and yells, What! 


"Where is dad? she said." 

"What happen to dad? she said. "


Aubrey’s determination to get to school was put on hold as she tried to understand what happen to her dad and why her mother was on her way to marry someone else. Aubrey sees a near by bench next to a tall tree and goes to seat down forgetting all about school. Aubrey’s life has turned upside down in a matter of minutes, as her mother explains to her what happen with her father and why she was now on her way to the Cayman Islands. 


"So you mean to tell me that you have been divorced for 4 years now and you didn’t tell me! Said Aubrey." 


Aubrey’s mother becomes silent then goes onto telling her that she wants Aubrey to come home to Paris because she is leaving her the house on Par De Le street. Still not quit understanding what her mother was asking her but decided to go home and pack her things.


" I cant believe my mother is getting married, I cant believe my mother isn’t with papa, she chanted. Where was I? sleeping through all of that!"


 Walking home with her head down with disbelief Aubrey reaches home and walks to the apartment complex where she lived for seven years with her roommates Jessy, Caroline, and Bridgette in San Diego, California. 


"I need to tell you something, she said; I have to move, she said. Did I mention my mother is getting married again".

 

With disbelief Aubrey shakes her head and looks at the floor. Jessy, Caroline, and Bridgette reaches over and gives Aubrey a hug. 


"Its going to be ok Aubrey,they said." 

"We will write you and call you every day if you want"


 Then, Aubrey goes to her bed and stretches out. 


"This use to be my room, now I’m leaving it and I don’t know what to do."

 

Seventy-two hours goes by Aubrey waves good bye to her friends as she walks into the terminal. 

"I’ll write you."

" I’ll call you, she said."


 Aubrey heads to the plane waving her last good byes to her friends. looking up at the big plane, Aubrey enters in. 


"Good morning," says the flight attendant.

 "Right this way," said the attendant. 

Aubrey walks back to take her seat. Looking for the number calling each number out 1..2..9..G Aubrey looks and sees that a young French man was seating in her seat. 


"Excuse me sir, but I think that is my seat."

" Oh sorry, I must have gotten the numbers mixed up."

 

He Looks for his numbers in his briefcase.

"Aww.. I found it," he said.

"I’m right next to you."

" Its ok," she said the numbers are quit small. 


"My name is Phillip de Vence, and your name is.."

" Aubrey."

" Nice to meet you Aubrey."


 he reaches over and shakes her hand. Then gets up to allow Aubrey to her seat. 


"If you don’t mind me asking where are you headed, he said."

" I’m headed for my mothers home in France, she said." 

"Awww.. the land of my four fathers, that is were I’m headed to, I live there."

" Well, I now live there also, kind of a long story how, but I live there now also," she said.

" It sounds like you don’t want to move there, I assure you that it's not going to be all bad. Moving to France can be a wonderful experience, it has its perks and sometimes if your lost you can find your way without needed help."

" Well, that sounds all nice, but I moved from there when I was 18 to go to college so, I’m not sure what it is like now. But, when I grow up there I did not like it; So, I guess you can say I’m coming home, but I don’t really wanting to, she said." 


Looking down at his briefcase Phillip grabs a piece of paper from a inner pocket and reaches over and hands it to Aubrey. Aubrey grabs it and looks puzzled. 


"What is this for? She said."

" It’s a blank piece of paper, my mother always told me that when a person is unhappy with their life and wonders what life is for, she said to hand them a piece of paper and tell them to write it down. So please, I know this sounds weird, but it helped me when I was going through a tough time."


 Still not understanding what to do, Aubrey looks in front of her and sees a locked food table, she  reaches in front of her and opens it. 


"Ok I’ll try," she said. 

"Trust me the first time I did it I didn’t understand what to do either. But, when I started writing then that is when it became more than just two words, It became my best seller book about my life. "

"Your a writer?"

" Yes, my books are published all over the world, I guess you can say that is one of the reasons for my visit to the states. My good friend Johnson he ask me to come out to sign books at his new book store in Santa Clare."

" That sounds great!"


 Looking back at her paper Aubrey starts writing down why she doesn’t want to a book writer and why she doesn’t want to move to France to find herself.


" You look like you have written a lot so lets do part two of this little exercise." he said.

" Part two?"

" Yes" 


he starts to laugh. 


"You thought that was it? I would not have been a best seller if that was it my dear, of course that isn’t it."

" Um.. ok, so what’s next?"

" Well…"


 looking at the floor he grabs his briefcase again and pulls out another piece of paper. 


"This time I want you to write about what makes you tick."

" What makes me tick? She said."

"Yes, what makes you tick."

" Okay.. well.. okay…"


 Aubrey reaches over and grabs the piece of fine white paper, it seemed as though she was writing a book about her life, but she couldn’t put her finger on it. 

Is he trying to make a writer out of me, what is this all about? One hour goes. 


"Are you finished?"

" Yes, she said."

" Ok well here, this is another piece of paper, write about…"


 the writing kept going on and on every hour he kept grabbing another piece of paper, one after another. I thought for a second I was writing my memoirs.

" So what did he make you do after that?"

" Nothing, he kept them."

" He kept them?"

" Yes, he kept them, he said that when I was ready to grow as a flower to call him and he would add them to a new book he was writing called the flower that be trolled me. He put all eight of them in his briefcase."

" All eight, wow that is just crazy, did he gave you his number?"

" No, he has mines."

" Wait..wait.. you didn’t get he's number but he took your life in his hands, what were you thinking Aubrey?"

" Chill out girls, I’m meeting him for lunch tomorrow at Le Vu café, he called me just before I called you, so enough of that where is Bridgette? "

"She’s at the dentist again you know how she loves her candy, this time she got candy stuck in between her teeth and the bad part about it is that no matter how much she brushed, and flossed, it would not come out we tried everything. Bridgette started crying and you know her she never cry’s but this made her cry for sure. "

"Wow, that’s crazy, well call me later when she come’s home I want to know what happen."

" Ok, we love you Aubrey!"

" I love you to girls Chow…"

"CHOW.." 


Hanging up the phone, Aubrey looks at the 6 foot metal door. The door opens. 


"Aww.. Aubrey you made it home.. we have made a special dinner for you.. chicken cordon bleu, with snap peas and baby glazed carrots with your favorite, garlic mash potatoes. We also through in some chocolate ganache truffles just like you like them." "Thanks."

 Aubrey went to her mothers room wishing to see her mother and her father in the same room, just like when she was a kid. 


"Knock.." "knock.."

"Come in"

 "Weeee…"


 Aubrey runs and jumps on her parents bed, bouncing up and down. 


"Aubrey, darling please stop jumping in the bed you are going to fall and bump your head." Said Aubrey’s mother.

 "And the doctor said no more monkeys jumping on the bed, said Aubrey."

" Funny little girl, what would you like for breakfast today, papa’s Bella."

" Well, daddy I want eggs, pancakes, sausage, fruit, and chocolate ganache truffles."

" Oh boy, that is a lot for one little girl, lets say me and you go downstairs and see what Alfrine is cooking today, Said Papa."

 "Ok, said Aubrey."

"Well, that is settled then." 


Aubrey and her dad grab each others hands and start singing walking down the hall. Aubrey’s day dream disappears as she trips over a stuff bear that fell from her book shelf in her room. She looks down and grabs the bear and goes to seat on her bed. Still with disbelief Aubrey holds her teddy bear tight and lays on the bed turning to the side curling up with her feet dangling on the side of the bed.

"Are you ok Aubrey?"

"Yes"

"Well, when your ready Alfrine has dinner ready."

"Liz!"

"Yes!"

"Why did my mom and dad break up, I mean what really happen here? You and Alfrine have been like family to me and I know you have seen everything in this house so please tell me what happen here?"

"Aubrey, it's not that simple your parents were drifting apart way before you left, but because you were so young they did not want to  involve you in their problems they wanted you to have a great life. They didn’t want you to worry, you were young and they didn’t want to put that on you, they wanted you to stay a kid and not grow up fast or experience grown up things. You have to know that they loved you very much and they would do anything for you including not telling you that they were having any problems. But they waited to long to tell you the truth and so now here you are and there they are in two different places in time."

"Liz! Where is my dad?"

"He is in Milan, would you like me to call him?"

"Not yet Liz, Not yet" 



© 2014 Shimae Parks


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

148 Views
Added on June 20, 2014
Last Updated on June 20, 2014


Author

Shimae Parks
Shimae Parks

Las Vegas , NV



About
About a year ago, I started writing T.V shows and short stories just for fun. At this time I am looking to receive feed back on my work, its kind of a funny story, none of my friends on Facebook reall.. more..

Writing