Hi Tomorrow, Hello Again!!!

Hi Tomorrow, Hello Again!!!

A Story by Shubhajyoti Sengupta
"

Recent Ad campaign of Emirates Airlines

"

All the fuss about globalization has essentially provoked futuristic thought processes in us. All of a sudden, we are now so busy thinking about “tomorrow” and taking calculated risks.  Planning for future has its economic benefits also, especially when if we consider the industries operating in the market. Financial Institutes are certainly benefiting from this process as they teaching the consumers how to save for the future. The entire concept of marketing “tomorrow” has an element of hope and dream in it. These dreams, which can actually drive us forward or in other words, will tempt us to spend more.

If you ask me, I see globalization has come as a blessing for two critical industries. Firstly telecommunication, as the need to stay in-touch has increased to a great extent. This can mean that the power of telepathy has decreased, or people don’t think much now. And the second industry is the airlines carriers. Well, you may say that, there are a thousand and one problems as far as the large and small carriers are concerned, but there are certain things going right for them at this moment. It should be remembered that international businesses are not centered in USA only. The world is spreading fast and for that reason, business travelers are not following a uniform direction from East to the West. Now travelers from West are coming to East and also Middle and wherever else in the world, the green color of the dollars are visible. As Vodafone says, world is now indeed our playground. I am particularly moved by the latest advertising campaign done by Emirates Airlines. It is not only because it has a futuristic appeal to it, but also at the same time, the ad actually tells us a story. The stories about people, who can call, any place their home. The ad tells stories of travelers who meet with each other at different instances. It should be noted that these travelers are not typical corporate leaders or business tycoons. But they are regular explores, models, fashion designers or even writers who has dreams to become internationally know. So, is that the dream we are chasing? Is that what “tomorrow” actually means to us?

 

As our social landscape has broadened, our urge to spread our wings also has increased considerably. Otherwise, why would a Bengali boy from Kolkata would be writing articles in English and publish them on international writer’s forum? The fact is, “tomorrow” has shown us the way and have let us realize that the national boundaries are actually imaginary. We can now see “Open Gates” and “Welcome Mattresses” everywhere we look at. So a boy from Delhi can actually think of selling his paintings in the Irish market, while a girl from Oslo can also think of selling her fashion ideas to a designer firm in Dhaka. These are not impossible dreams, but rather practical ones. Why wouldn’t a professional be given a chance to select the correct market for his or her product? There is no point thinking that getting rejected by the national organizations is actually the end of one’s career. The opportunities are endless and if you are good enough, you will get your truly deserved chance. This is the proper way to view the entire process of globalization; at least this is the way I like to think. So, no matter how many times the fuel price jumps up and down and the stock market crashes, the airlines industry will be regarded as one of the driving forces of the modern economy and society. No matter what the critics and the analysts say about this issue, we just cannot just ignore “tomorrow” especially when it says “Hi!” to us. We have to reply it back, by saying “Hello Tomorrow. I am joining you soon!”

 

 

 

 

To read more articles please visit : < http://www.facebook.com/editprofile.php?sk=eduwork#!/brandsinmyview>

 

 

 

 

 

 

© 2012 Shubhajyoti Sengupta


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

489 Views
Added on April 14, 2012
Last Updated on April 14, 2012
Tags: Branding, globalization