Rejoicing the Complications of Life & Taking a Champagne Bath before Death

Rejoicing the Complications of Life & Taking a Champagne Bath before Death

A Story by Shubhajyoti Sengupta

The neon lights were meant to go off after a while! The natural hallucinations achieved from our irresponsible childhoods were supposed to fade away with time. The first time you touch your lover’s tender lips with your sweaty fingers, will lose its virginity in that instant only. Moments will not be the same after you have exchanged your first glance or kiss. Life presents you with millions of such first-hand opportunities to experience and the moment you think that you have it all you are actually experiencing your emotional death for the first time. It’s the worst of all, much worse than actual death. Trust me; there are so many first things which we often miss out before we decide on switching-off from life for good. As I mentioned in my previous article, life is indeed a misleading events of unrelated occurrences and so these multidimensional phenomenon presents itself with a huge number of complications. The biggest mistake made by any human being is to consider life as a series of tasks or assignments to be completed. This perceived level of control actually leaves them all frustrated and ultimately makes them feel like losers.

Perhaps these complications are the best gift Life can present us with. The first experience of spending a night in a spooky and shabby motel room with a complete stranger is equally important as the experience of taking your daughter to a park for the first time. Life is that strange carnival where you will always feel the jitters before getting on a weird ride, but when you finally get on it, you will know what you have missed if you would have backed off. There are things which we tend to avoid in a fear of messing up life altogether. But it is the string which we pull from inside which actually restrains us from feeling the waves of life. In that way, life to me is that huge sea, with unpredictable waves, which might smash you hard or might help you to surf along it. So don’t try to put a blanket over it, in order to hide these waves from you, as before you know it, you will feel a ripple on your palms. This is what being alive is about!

There are times when you avoid falling in love with a married woman or back yourself off from a new business venture, thinking that all these things will introduce new forms of uncertainties in your life. But believe me, without uncertainties life is as good as it has never existed. Life is certainly not about pleasing someone else or coping with others’ demands. It’s your only chance to gather memories, memories of many first times, second times, third times and other repetitive incidents.

Your failures, heart-breaks and poverty are the best gifts which life can actually offer you. As it makes you to adapt desperate measures and when you do that, just at that moment you forget everything about playing safe and your only concern then is about surviving. While doing so, you explore more!

It’s a tricky affair, isn’t it? Just when you thought that after making a lifelong of saving, you can actually relax and then dive into an ocean of adventure, you tend to forget that life itself presented you to explore these thrills at every corner. But, you hesitated before letting your hairs down and start dancing immediately with the tune of Life. The darkest of your fantasies will fall into an abyss once you leave this world. So, if you want dip yourself naked in a tub of chocolate sauce, I will suggest you do that, as once you are taking your last bath before you embrace death, it will all be too late. The last bath is always a special one, as it actually makes a difference and reveals your true self. It actually shows whether you are trying to rub your disappoints and inevitable missed opportunities or you are yourself soaking up while taking a champagne bath, polishing your skin and giving yourself a well deserved pat on the back, for a life well lived.

 

 

 

© 2012 Shubhajyoti Sengupta


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

What a piece. Wow, this is full of wisdom well said. "The biggest mistake made by any human being is to consider life as a series of tasks or assignments to be completed. This perceived level of control actually leaves them all frustrated and ultimately makes them feel like losers." I find myself love that line. It's beautiful and sort of perfect. You're able to bring up feelings and instances that are relateable and touching because of that. Your writing flows very well and is great to read. However, the only criticism I have is that you should indent and put space between paragraphs. You probably did in whatever word processor you wrote this in, but for the sake of pasting on this website, edit the text.

It's been a pleasure reading this. Thanks for sharing your wisdom.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

What a piece. Wow, this is full of wisdom well said. "The biggest mistake made by any human being is to consider life as a series of tasks or assignments to be completed. This perceived level of control actually leaves them all frustrated and ultimately makes them feel like losers." I find myself love that line. It's beautiful and sort of perfect. You're able to bring up feelings and instances that are relateable and touching because of that. Your writing flows very well and is great to read. However, the only criticism I have is that you should indent and put space between paragraphs. You probably did in whatever word processor you wrote this in, but for the sake of pasting on this website, edit the text.

It's been a pleasure reading this. Thanks for sharing your wisdom.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

447 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 11, 2012
Last Updated on June 11, 2012
Tags: Love, Despair, Life, Death