Social Cues Leaves You Clueless, 5 Steps to Deal with Them

Social Cues Leaves You Clueless, 5 Steps to Deal with Them

A Story by Shubhajyoti Sengupta

Life is a misleading event of unrelated occurrences! No matter how promising it might seem, life itself has an obvious end effect; it will leave you all confused and bewildered. In fact the dynamism of the universe equally matches the turbulence existing within the society. The anxiety among the human race can be explained by the restlessness observed among the sperm molecules which are performing the highest form of competition ever. This do-or-die attitude coupled with the killer instinct is an inherent attribute which we all carry with us.

Now isn’t it obvious? With the fact that the resources and energy, in this world, are limited, the growing population definitely provokes certain degree of competition and a whole lot of a killing. Population growth increases hunger and reduces confidence among individuals. This is a natural consequence of the social conflicts as there will be only one hot girl in the class or the position of Vice President can be achieved by a single person only. But what amuses me is that while competing if someone back-stabs his/her competitor, he/she suddenly becomes a mean person (most preferably a b***h) in the eyes of the others. But common! Aren’t we ourselves are the results of millions and millions of backstabbing and killing? Can you imagine the level of competition the sperm had to face while creating you and making you possible for this world? Well in that way, we are all winners. The sole art of survival is the greatest feat achieved by anyone and be it for nine months or ninety years it takes a lot to survive in this world.

The society and the world are confusing places to dwell in and it’s not your fault if you fall out on something. First of all you should remember that you are not destined to win, you have to earn it if you want to. Fate would not definitely gift you success while you are sleeping, it’s rather a rubbish thing to assume. You have to keep on knocking until you see the green signal in your path. It is not an easy thing to do, but the search is what life is. The first green signal will lead to the other one and it will go on and on. The important thing is not to lose out on hope. You should remember that the world is not created for you or your own good. Rather on the contrary you are the one who came here and now have to deal with it. Please don’t presume that the nature is in peace and harmony and you can just dance around naked in a garden full of lilies and daffodils. It is rather a battle field and you have to harmonize with it in order to stay alive.

This brings me to the second most realistic thing in the list. It is the art of defining some meaning and projecting some purpose in your life in your own way. Don’t set targets and goals which are already set by thousand others. It’s meaningless and vague if you say that the aim of your life is to buy a Red Ferrari. It cannot be a goal as it does not define a purpose or action which you want to perform. You should do well to remind yourself that life is all about action and performance and that is what keeps your metabolism functioning and thereby keeping you alive. Knitting the most beautiful garment ever can be a more realistic aim or for that matter searching for Unicorns and Mermaids can also be a life defining aspiration. This is because, it will keep you engaged and will help you think over it thereby preventing you from all the unwanted distractions created by the society.

The third trick is to stop your-self, from blaming others. Don’t blame the government for wrong policies as the term “Development” is confusing enough and no one in the past 2000 years or so have cracked the real code of the truest form of reform. You can be a poor farmer from India or the richest of the businessmen of United States; you will get hurt, no matter what! Don’t blame your girlfriend for leaving you, as she found you boring. This is because the term “Love” is a misleading one and no one in the past 2 million years has ever been able to understand it completely without confusion. Don’t blame your boss for sacking you as the term “Kindness” only exists in dictionary & fairytale. Also don’t blame God, as He is not the one who has told you to set your standards high enough to make your life so miserable. Finally don’t blame your parents, as they were only having fun that night and thus cannot be hold responsible for your misery.

The fourth step is the toughest one as it demands you to love yourself. As it is Love being the most misunderstood and overrated thing in the universe, loving your own-self is perhaps the most challenging task ever. But believe me or not, it is the lack of love we have for our-self which is the root of all the depressions and cowardliness. The fear of death, poverty and loneliness are all the results of one and only one disease. This disease is the inability of loving your own soul. I am telling you what exactly happens if you fail to love yourself. You lose your self-confidence, thinking that you are not good for somebody. The next day you become a pervert a social element which gathers in groups and shares their frustrations. And finally on the third day you will start hating yourself for being a jerk and drinking too much. All these are mere waste of time and energy and a process which makes surviving even more meaningless. Loving actually helps you to rationalize and justify your action. If you drink, don’t feel guilty. If you start liking someone it’s not your fault, it is the nature which is provoking you to do so. Don’t restrain yourself from talking or approaching that person. Believe me; if you love yourself, you are good enough for anyone. And if you don’t you will remain an insecure moron no matter how rich or apparently sucessful you are. There is no concept like “loving more” or “loving less”. So don’t think that if you love yourself you will tend to be selfish and love your spouse and kids less. In fact on the other hand, only if you can love yourself in the truest possible form, you will never be a boring chap to your girl ( or boy for that matter) and your kids will love you too as they are really dying to see some happy and steady parents around. Also to tell you a secret, both love and sex are best enjoyed when you are on your own! If you really can enjoy yourself, you can cherish the fact that every person around you is as pathetic yet wonderful just like you. They are suffering from the same fears and insecurities and measuring their lives just as you are.

I know it is enough already to digest, but I would just love to say that the final step is to measure your success with happiness. Listen, success and failure are two obvious consequences of any attempt which is being made and both of them are equally unimportant if they are measured in terms of the social views and perceptions. If the society thinks today that you are great it won’t be long before they start thinking that you are a big loser. So if you try to sync yourself with these social waves of expectations then you will certainly end up being a neurotic or dead. Thus it is good to feel success from inside rather than buying it from outside. If you feel that planting pea plants in your garden makes you happy then please do that. If you feel that painting rainbows makes you smile, please don’t hesitate. But please don’t buy an android phone just to show your friends that you are successful.

It is obvious by now that you all will be eager to kill me. I would understand. But to tell you honestly, being one of the most unlikely persons of this planet, I too have suffered from starvation and insult. Then I realized somehow that it is important to relish these pains as it makes you feel alive. If killing me makes you feel alive and inwardly happy, don’t hesitate; I am ready to give you my details. But just cannot promise you that I won’t fight for my survival, as I love myself a bit too much!!!!

© 2012 Shubhajyoti Sengupta


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

366 Views
Added on June 2, 2012
Last Updated on June 2, 2012