Bayern is Always and Will Remain the Real Winners

Bayern is Always and Will Remain the Real Winners

A Story by Shubhajyoti Sengupta

I am writing this article just in time for the penalty shoot-outs in the stadium of Munich for the final of the UEFA Champions League. It’s the final match of the season held in Munich, Germany where the German Giants (Bayern Munich) faced the English Lions (Chelsea). No matter how fascinating the encounter might seem on paper, as a Chelsea supporter my heart is pounding. But I am still managing to write this as I saw something which caught my eyes and played tricks on my emotions. I saw two Israeli flags being waved in the stadium. Now we all know what actually it means. Eighty years ago it would have caused instant death to the individuals waving the sign. It actually prompted me to read the history of Bayern Munich and eventually helped me to know a lot. Bayern Munich as a club can be regarded as the sole representative of Jewish Germany in the era of Hitler. The management of the club refused to give up and continued their battle against the mighty Nazis. This battle was not won with guns and bullets as you may think, but rather it was fought on a moral ground. The club officials continued their support for the sake of honor and existence. Isn’t that is what organizations are ideally made of? It’s the honor and pride associated with the brand and the name which matters. Today is the day I once again fell in love with the game and with life itself.

The penalty kicks are over. Chelsea has won the Cup. For the first time in the history of 107 years, the club really won this trophy. I am overwhelmed as a supported but more as a human being. This moment is not about counting trophies and cups. It is the moment when you learn something in life. The Chelsea players are giving the Germans a guard-of-honor! It is honor and love which actually binds us together. Time will flow on its own course and this day will be history soon. But the passion and cries of the players and the emotions of the spectators will remain captured in the mind of a lover, forever. I am in love with this game and life for that matter.

© 2012 Shubhajyoti Sengupta


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

221 Views
Added on May 19, 2012
Last Updated on May 19, 2012