Life, Art & Things In Between

Life, Art & Things In Between

A Poem by Siddhartha

The face in the mirror refuses to see
The lie that it was meant to be
Subtle hypocrisy struggles against reason steeled
As the layers of the conundrum get peeled

If nihilistic is world then what are we?
Kafkaesque creatures of a torrid dream?
This world is but a sophist's delight
Myriad untruths proclaiming the man free

If time is fleeting then what remains?
Dreams, memories, vanishing footprints in sand?
And what of anger, the instrument of pain?
Will detachment from love keep us sane?

The picture in the canvas comes to life
A fleeting shape of an ethereal man
The face therein burns in amber flames
Ephemeral art blowing wisps of shame

What of the artist and what of his craft?
Can meaning be found at the edge of sanity?
If all art is smothered by the sands of time
Will history be kind to the artist and his vanity?

The Sun flies on prancing horses of time
Withholding secrets from minds inclined
And man blunders on despite being warned
Clutching desperately at the straws in his mind

© 2011 Siddhartha


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Sid,
you've definitely grown as a poet (unlike me) and is now getting bigger, deeper and more real.Your mature words inspire. Provoke. I was reading "Metamorphosis" the other day - so naturally Kafkaesque creatures of a torrid dream makes all the more sense..The struggle in existence is a strange one, we wonder are we really here..for one thing in a different time-space continuum we are not here though we should be. Art is the escape to all things inexplainable by science..Surreal is just a realm of imagination part of minds and darker unknowns yet to be captured by our dreary reality. I see glimpses of that reality in this, the edge of reason, the loss of sanity, the sands of time play huge roles..Great work..One of a kind, immensely satisfied with your work !!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I would like to invite you to...

http://poeticvoice.ning.com/

We are an online writing community that provides writers with the feedback, motivation, and advice needed to achieve their writing goals.The Poetic Voice Community is fast and easy to join, and you will not get lost in it's easy maneuvering features. We here at Poetic Voice also hope to grow as a community of friends. Our intention, and wish is to learn and share with others. Basically we believe an open mind, and heart can promote growth. We hope to gain an understanding that can stretch and reach around the world.


Posted 13 Years Ago


this is perfection embodied in the form of poetry..nothing in here could be improvised upon..can so relate to the subtle sentiments lurking behind the lines..a 100/100..adding it to my favorites..:)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

What of the artist and what of his craft?
Can meaning be found at the edge of sanity?
If all art is smothered by the sands of time
Will history be kind to the artist and his vanity?
wow...i loved these lines and the rest.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love the twists and turns in this philosophical write. The rhyming is smooth too. Such dark and dance intertwined inside the mind. Leaves me contemplating something deeper than the normal piece of writing does.

Posted 13 Years Ago


It's amazing how you've mentioned all the complexities of life and yet have made it so easy to understand with wonderful rhyme. The philosophy and imagery are excellent. I really like this poem.

Posted 13 Years Ago


One of my favorite books is Metamorphosis by Kafka... You create that dark dance with your words as well, taking us to the brink of our humanity... our sanity... Mythic and magical.

Posted 13 Years Ago


In the end, what remains a wasted landscape laid bare by the naivety of the human hand will echo that it truly was the path and not the destination to which we should have noticed with unity... great contemplation, for the artist, for all...

Posted 13 Years Ago


Out numbered by asymmetrical numbness
The awake stew in symmetrical beauty
and are sold for cheep...
Rossen

Posted 13 Years Ago


That sums up so many feelings in such a short amount of words. A whirlwind encompassing the what, why and wherefore of our life and the questions that try to answer what it means to be human. You have outdone yourself on this one, a poet and philosopher wrapped up in the art of being you. Great write.

Posted 13 Years Ago


lovely...you have touched the abysses of the most aphotic parts of life..though every thing of this world will be left behind...but the art you were gifted...the dignity you earned...the innate talent you got....will live forever..your every word is everlasting,dear friend...:-)

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

873 Views
26 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on April 2, 2011
Last Updated on April 5, 2011

Author

Siddhartha
Siddhartha

Hyderabad, South Asia, India



About
An engineer, with a management degree, I am passionate about and fascinated by the arts – literature, movies, music and photography, et al. Creative writing, especially poetry is the raison d&rs.. more..

Writing
reverence reverence

A Poem by Siddhartha



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Grey Grey

A Poem by OT


Kamikaze Horses Kamikaze Horses

A Poem by OT


Verses Verses

A Poem by Robin