prologue

prologue

A Chapter by Silentnightmare♊

-May 15th 1992

Busy, hot and loud defiantly, a Cuban market place I thought to myself and to make matters worse I'm dressed heavily in a chain trench, my fedora, and black pants with leather boots.

  I always dress this way, but I should have known better to wear this stuff to Cuba, of all places; However, I must wait for Katelyn to return. I must be patient for her arrival. She’s under cover, unlike me, and dressed as a normal Cuban courtesan.

Being a witch, Katelyn can change her appearance at will, so it’s easy for her. Unlike me. Being half reaper, my skin is a pale gray so I stand out just a little. 

As I watch and wait I see a lot going on around me. A woman scolds her child for attempting to steal, a man drinks heavily from a tequila bottle and a courtesan appears to be running straight towards me. After a second thought I realized it was Katelyn.

 Stupid heat it’s starting to get to me. I’m not used to such nasty weather. Boy do I miss the snow and cold of my homeland. 

Katelyn finely gets up to me and, with a snap of her fingers, changes to her normal skirt, blouse, witch’s hat with it's purple band, and a pair of leathery boots.

" I have found our contact for the equipment," she said sincerely.

"Good," I replied.

“You sure you still want to do this?”

"Sure as I ever will be Katelyn. Now lets get moving, were attracting the notice

of the locals. And remember,  you're still wanted here," I said hurriedly, noticing that the local police were beginning to stare.

"Oh yes! Even I forgot," she giggled lightly, "what is important now is to get you the equipment you need for this whole charade of yours". 

"Yes, let's".

Katelyn proceeded to take out a small stone and, chanting in the language of the druids, made it glow.  We were then transported and I recognized the place we now found ourselves. It was an inn we stayed in a few nights ago. 

There was the bartender who sold me that nasty meal, if that’s what it was suppose to be. I prefer to call it swine slop.

 He bowed deeply to Katelyn and said "my lady?". 

I raised an eyebrow and asked Katelyn, but she just blew me off and continued to talk to the bartender as she passed him a quick note. 

"Which room did he check us into?" 

He replied, "room 13. Top floor, and all the way at the end hall. Here is the spare key."

Katelyn, thanking him, guides me up the stairs and down a hall that led us to room 13.

"Kate?" I asked,

"Yes?"

"Notice how room 13 comes after 23 but before 24?"

"Yes I did realize that."

Looks as if its enchanted door too, I observed

Katelyn inserted the key into the lock and turned it slowly.

Slowly we open the door and inside we find a huge trunk and a note that reads,

 

 Dear Vladlen,

Enclosed is my precious big top for you to gather the people touched and harmed, or changed by demons. Make this a circus a place were they can feel safe. Keep them safe from todays sociality, they will kill them for being different. Enclosed is a list ready for you and in the other room there is a particular case you might like. They will work the lights and behind the scenes. They're very smart, but defiantly not human. Treat them well my friend for they have feelings. Teach the victims to fight back against demons and maybe you yourself will learn your higher purpose


May the sunrise again for you and the moon smile upon you my friend?

    RR  

    

 

        

 



© 2011 Silentnightmare♊


Author's Note

Silentnightmare♊
i know its short guys but thats how i write prologues short and to the point the chapters be longer

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I can't wait for more :O this sounds like it's gonna be cool and exciting and awesooooooome...:o

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Awesome, man. i cant wait to read more. few errors but good all in all. Write more~!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nicely written prologue short and to the point like they are supposed to be and grabbed the attention of the reader. Awesome way to start out your book justin

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It is short, but the format on this one renders it hard to read as you have to keep grabbing the scroll along the bottom of the screen and adjusting it. I am not sure how you would fix it but if you could you might encourage more reads, and reviews. I am not sure if that matters much to you, but I find input helps when writing such stories.

Posted 12 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

While there were several grammatical errors, this was really great piece of work. It has a mystery and a divine sense of superiority to it. I think you did a wonderful job my friend. Can't wait to read more ^-^

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

195 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 19, 2011
Last Updated on December 19, 2011


Author

Silentnightmare♊
Silentnightmare♊

garrett, IN



About
MAGE OF DOOM PROSPITIAN DERSITE all about me!!Created by cutiepie656 and taken 13372 times on Bzoink*Basics*name: Justin birthday: 7/5/95 zodiac sign: Gemini where were you bo.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..