Fruition of a Nightmare

Fruition of a Nightmare

A Poem by Silent Pacer
"

Two months ago my friend disappeared without a trace and I run the organized group searches trying to find any trace of her... This is my first attempt at expressing how it feels.

"

There was a time where I dreamed solely of searching.

Be it for that right book or the perfect word,

I would search all night long, never to tire or quit.

 

Upon waking, I never thought my dream was burdensome.

Just a realistic dream...

Nothing more, nothing less.

 

An analyst might say I was searching for something I lacked,

A singular perfection my subconscious mind thought I was missing in my day to day life...

But sadly I have come to the realization that these dreams were actually ominous foreshadowing.

 

How could I have possibly known that all those years of unburdened searching,

Was really just practice for what was to come...

How could someone even conceive of such a shattering notion?

 

It always was a dream... Just dreams.

It was only when the dream became reality that the nightmare began,

...and the dreams of unburdened searching stopped.

© 2017 Silent Pacer


Author's Note

Silent Pacer
I wanted to be vague on purpose here. I honestly have difficulty dealing with the direct fact that my friend has completely vanished, and not of her own free will. It's a jumble of emotions I haven't found a way to express yet. But I did know about my dreams, and how the constant searching has stopped, and that dream transitioning into reality was a concept I could fixate on and attempt to express myself with.

Please feel free to review honestly. Normally my grammar and spelling are off (hopefully I am improving there), but I would love feedback of any kind!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

102 Views
Added on August 30, 2017
Last Updated on August 30, 2017

Author

Silent Pacer
Silent Pacer

Middle of Nowhere



About
I'm Me, and sometimes me, but only half of the time, then I become something that resembles me. But in all seriousness, I am looking for constructive criticism about my work since I am trying to fur.. more..

Writing