how i see the world

how i see the world

A Story by jasmine
"

This was a college essay

"
I honestly see the world as black and hearts are cold, but not everyone’s heart isn’t cold; they portray it to be, so in the end they won’t get hurt. But I also see the world as something that we can mold out of clay to the form we want it to be. Yes, it will have cracks and rough edges. So what if it does! It is our world and the world we see it to be. Yes, it’s black. Yes, it’s hard and cold. But that’s why it is worth living; so we can change it, remold it into something better. So that this world that we create for ourselves provides hope.
 I see the world as black but I also see the world as something that is waiting to be remolded into something new and good and full of color. People have hope for something better and something good. I have hope I will recreate what I want it to be. One day I will reach my children how to live healthy, happy lives, to tell them about how hard it was coming and going just to make the words a little less dark and a lot brighter. I was once told that I was never going to make it, that the only thing I was going to be good at was lying on my back. I am good at working to reach my goals. I am good at being there to support my friends. And I am a very hard worker.
 I won’t live anyone else’s life because I have my own life. I stopped listening to the negative and decided to create a world where people can have hope. I want to change the world. I want to through culture. I want to show people that no matter where we come from we all see the same things. It doesn’t matter what color we see. All that matters is just trying to make the world more colorful to truly see that we do have hope. 
We do have feelings. And that we all have hearts hat aren’t all cold. I want to join the Peace Corps and change the world by helping one another. “The world is black and hearts are cold and there’s no hope that what we’re told and we can’t go back it won’t be the some forever change.”-Good Charlotte. Yes, the world maybe black now but in time it will change. I know it will happen slowly but surely. It will change. And when I look back to this time I will see what it was from many different views. Joining the Peace Corps and teaching, if it is the biggest change I can make. 
I will get to see firsthand how they live, and see how people see the world. So my view can change more and more with each passing day, anywhere in the world. Change is good, but many people are scare of it? And for what? I see myself in the world helping others and seeing the world in bright beautiful hues, changing from black and any bright shade there is. 

© 2013 jasmine


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

161 Views
Added on May 2, 2013
Last Updated on May 2, 2013

Author

jasmine
jasmine

queens, NY



About
well i am 19 years old. i love all art forms and i wrote my first book, which was the greatest moment of my life. i am also lesbian and if you don't like then keep it to yourself. more..

Writing
why me why me

A Poem by jasmine


run run

A Poem by jasmine