Words

Words

A Poem by ~Sorcha~
"

uhm.... words :P

"

Words.

Words, words, words.

Everything and anything is words, a picture is a thousand words and a thousand words paint the picture of words.
No sight, no sound, no touch or taste, no feel. Nothing. Black darkness, no light escapes nor enters. It is empty of everything, empty of emotion, empty for the sake of emptyness.

Words.

Light, the sun, the sky, the earth. Birds chirping, fawns hopping through overgrown brush chasing momma's, wind dancing through the trees. Greens and blues and yellows and colors that have no name but exist all the same. An ocean, a river, a sea or lake or pond or creek! Grass, trees, brush and bushes and rocks and dirt and all things imaginable, and things the mind could never create!

Words.

It's all just words. The words paint the picture, the picture is our world. I can paint you a picture in words, would you like to see? Would you like to hear? I can paint you the picture. And what a beautiful picture it is.

I will even be so kind as to tell you what to feel from the picture.

The sky is low, the sun is morning, and pinks and purples and oranges dance together on an invisible line far away. A wind sways in a light tree, and the freshly green dew is damped with the clearest grass, so sweet and pure. The night is beginning, where the day has found end and sleep begins.  A birding chirp flies lazily, sleeping upside down on a leaf. A path opens, closing a glade-ful serenity.
Ahh, the it of sight! It happies you make!

Words.

Beautiful, isn't it? A beautiful picture made with beautiful words all in the wrong places. But it still holds a twisted beauty, does it not?

Because it is words.

It defies logic, defies the boundaries placed upon minds by what we know is reality.

It is words, the most beautiful of things, words that paint pictures, words that shower us in emotion.
 

It is words.

© 2009 ~Sorcha~


Author's Note

~Sorcha~
ignore grammer problems, all things are purposeful.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like how you told us about the picture. I started to think about what it would look like!
Great poem! I really like! =)

Posted 14 Years Ago


Congrats on your great winning poem!

Posted 14 Years Ago


all about the power of words . . . all kinds, all sizes, shapes and colors, I enjoyed this

Posted 14 Years Ago


A piece of writing about the beauty of writing. I love it :) I've always wanted to write about writing but all my stuff sounds cheesy and kindergaten-ish. This is flawless :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


Congrats on your great winning story

Posted 14 Years Ago


This is different, very thoughtful and heartfelt i believe...i love the way it seems to flow ...very creative ...good job!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

484 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 29, 2009
Last Updated on June 29, 2009

Author

~Sorcha~
~Sorcha~

Kaiserslautern, Germany (deployment), WA



About
I like to write; these past few years I have just hit writer's block after block. There are so many things in my life I could write about, but I can still never seem to find the words for any of it. .. more..

Writing
Requerrence Requerrence

A Chapter by ~Sorcha~


The Masque The Masque

A Book by ~Sorcha~



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Bridge People Bridge People

A Poem by LJW