The writer and the prince

The writer and the prince

A Story by Nismo

Once upon a time in a prosperous country far away, there was a wise king. The king had one son, the heir of the throne. The prince was interested in all sorts of things, he loved his people and he liked to sport. Above all, he loved to read. Everything seemed fine, until one day the prince read such a beautiful story, that it made him cry. Indeed, the poor prince was inconsolable. Not even the best bards of the castle were able to cheer him up. The wise king had an idea. He promised a place in the castle to whoever would be able to make the prince smile again. From all around the country, people showed up. Knights, farmers, entertainers, musicians, yet none of them managed to cheer up the prince. After a whole month of sorrow, the writer of the story showed up at the castle gates. Attracted by the reward of the king, he promised to write an even better story for the prince. For five whole days he sat alone inside a chamber of the castle, until he had finished writing the masterpiece. The prince started reading, and what he read shocked him even more than the other book. Written were five words, one for every day the writer had written. The words written down were: open your eyes and awaken. Then Thomas was awakened by the sound of his alarm clock, no more a prince than anyone else he knew.

© 2017 Nismo


Author's Note

Nismo
So, what do you think? Is it good or bad for a first story? How can I improve?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Well, it's certainly good for a first!

Posted 5 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

112 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 13, 2017
Last Updated on February 13, 2017
Tags: Fairytale?

Author

Nismo
Nismo

Oss, Netherlands



About
Hello everybody, I am a male writer from the Netherlands, 17 years old as of now, and I write whenever I want to or whenever I come up with what I think is a good story. I write in English, so that mo.. more..

Writing
Het vertrek Het vertrek

A Poem by Nismo


The Mask The Mask

A Poem by Nismo