The horse and the soldier

The horse and the soldier

A Story by Nismo
"

fairytale-like story about a horse and a soldier. I got the inspiration for it after watching the movie "War horse", which I would recommend.

"
Once upon a time, there were a horse and a soldier. The two of them were inseparable ever since the soldier had joined the army. They both enjoyed training, food, water and housing, all of which were greatly desired by the common folk. All was good. Until one day, war broke out. At first, it didn't look that bad. Finally the soldier got his opportunity to prove himself worthy in battle on his horse. He felt closer with the horse than he ever had felt before. His general had put him into the fourth regiment, a group of young, mounted soldiers, who were all very excited about going to war. None of them had experienced a war before, but they had heared great stories about it. They marched over all sorts of terrain in order to get to the front line. The soldier and his regiment were given an important task, for they needed to flank the enemy and attack them by surprise. The soldier was rejoyced to hear he had such an important dutie to fulfill and took even better care of his horse, to make sure it was ready for war. When the day of the surprise attack came, however, disaster struck. You see, the enemy had not been sitting still, but had instead prepared for an incomming surprise attack. No man of the fourth regiment was spared and so the soldier died. And the horse? The horse was captured by the same enemy who had killed the soldier, his former owner. However, it did not matter for the horse, because he had always just seen the soldier as a random human that took care of him. To the horse, it could have been any human, it wasn't special at all. It changed sides easily to enemy forces. Animals don't care about human morality or who is right or wrong during a war, as long as someone takes good care of them.

© 2017 Nismo


Author's Note

Nismo
Let me know your thoughts. Reviews and comments are always appreciated ;)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Pax
pets are just pets isn't it?

Posted 7 Years Ago


It's good...Although the end did surprised me

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

120 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 21, 2017
Last Updated on February 21, 2017

Author

Nismo
Nismo

Oss, Netherlands



About
Hello everybody, I am a male writer from the Netherlands, 17 years old as of now, and I write whenever I want to or whenever I come up with what I think is a good story. I write in English, so that mo.. more..

Writing
Het vertrek Het vertrek

A Poem by Nismo


The Mask The Mask

A Poem by Nismo