Liquid Purification

Liquid Purification

A Poem by Steve L.
"

Water is ever-present...

"

Liquid Purification

 

The gentle pattering of rain…The audible explosion of a downpour…The sweat glistening from a body…The ever flowing tides of the vast oceans…The peaceful tranquility of a hidden brook hiding amidst a lush forest…

Does liquid purify the heart, mind, and soul? Or does it just temporarily wash away all things in the universe of self…

Rain…nature…the giver of life to many species…picture this…two lovers holding each other in bed with the windows open…a gentle and cool breeze is meandering through the room…the couple can hear the intoxicating sounds of this simple act of precipitation being released from a cloud high above…these sensations can lead to mind altering passion…

Water can clean, nourish, destroy, drown…

What prism do you look through? Water can be whatever you want it to be…sensual  storm…soothing rapids…flood…tsunami…life…death…

Water can adapt to any shape depending on the situation…Your mind should function the same way.

 

© 2014 Steve L.


Author's Note

Steve L.
Water can be many things...what is it to you?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

A fine appraisal of the most important life giving liquid on the planet ...H2o !

Edifying indeed !

Posted 9 Years Ago


Being a fan of the rain, I thought this was a stunning reflection of the many forms such splendor can mean to each soul. The structure was very unique. It looked more like a story format, however I still feel like it flowed very well. Thank you for sharing and please return the favor by reviewing one of my pieces.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Steve L.

9 Years Ago

Thank you!! Very insightful review!!
Briana O'Connor

9 Years Ago

Lol is that a bad thing
Steve L.

9 Years Ago

Ha!!! Not at all!!! I really appreciate it!!
The rain has definitely been my favorite weather since I was younger. I like the sensory details with the gentle fall and then to the explosive downpour; I can see it and I love it.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Steve L.

9 Years Ago

there is nothing like focusing your mind on a rainstorm!!
A thought provoking and creative write...Very well done
:) Julie

Posted 9 Years Ago


Steve L.

9 Years Ago

Thank you very much, Julie!!!
Fluid flowing lines in this wonderful piece of creative writing. Water...we all need it, but it can be something to fear when a flood ravishes an area or when the rains of a hurricane pound at the roof of a home. Nothing is all black or all white, is it? Oh, if only our minds could fit into any container the way water does. If we could grasp new concepts as easily.....what a wonderful world we would live in. Lydi**

Posted 9 Years Ago


Steve L.

9 Years Ago

Thank you! And yes, if only our minds were as shapeless and adept as water.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

329 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 22, 2014
Last Updated on July 22, 2014
Tags: water, cleansing, tranquil, nature

Author

Steve L.
Steve L.

NJ



About
Life's trials and tribulations provide limitless material for writing... more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..