Full eBook, All Chapters. Enjoy...

Full eBook, All Chapters. Enjoy...

A Chapter by Santosh Jha
"

Human body-mind is a warrior, a great survivor but its full potential requires very specific processes of optimization. Everyone is a huge potential but his or her wellness and success excellence can

"

 

 Optimality Of I Potentiality

By Santosh Jha

**

 

 

Copyright 2019 Santosh Jha

**

 

 

License Notes

Thank you for downloading this free eBook. Although this is a free eBook, it remains the copyrighted property of the author, and may not be reproduced, copied and distributed for commercial or non-commercial purposes. Thanks for your support.

**

 

 

 

 

 

Acknowledgement

It was meant to be a usual long letter to my niece, Anu, with whom I share my consciousness and vice-versa. However, it went beyond and is now an over 100-page eBook. Words are always poor carriers of intent but if the ‘Connect’ is Compassionate, communications discover utility and worth. This persevered assurance has been the energy behind my 38th eBook in your hands. Thanks…!

**

 

 

 

Navigation Blues

A humble admittance �" Any word, however well meant and well spelt, is a possible suspect of misinterpretation. Simple reason is, people are in different consciousnesses and culturally as well as personally inclined to specific utilities. As a writer, it is a huge temptation to take liberties, with not only imaginations but also with the words, as against their common and popular use. Do kindly accept my latitude with language and personal coinages of words, as they may not always conform to popular usages. I share with you whatever is part of my consciousness; what I have internalized in my life. This may not be mainstream stuff; but may have utility in some meaningful way. I believe you shall enjoy this novelty and pleasant awkwardness of the writing.

**

 

 

PREFACE

Thanks for downloading this eBook. There is a way to proceed to get optimal utility out of reading this eBook. This enterprise of words essentially involves you as equal collaborator in deciphering a possible mechanism, which shall empower you in shaping your life-living wellness and successes. In this eBook, I am not saying, I know something and I am telling it to you. Rather, I am presenting to you a hypothesis and invite you to be my collaborator in arriving at a probable ‘Theory Of Reality’. The hypothesis is that our own consciousness has definitive Media and Communication structures, which we as Aware-Selves can use dexterously to lead our body and mind to specific life-living goals of wellness and success.

This eBook has two parts. In the first part, we shall talk about all those ideas that shall journey us into understanding in detail what essentially this ‘hypothesis’ is and how it stands to be a possibility. That is, we shall discuss the probability of how we can facilitate the launch of a ‘Conscious Enterprise’ to use the ‘Media’ and ‘Communication’ plexus of our body-mind to achieve whatever wellness and success goals we consciously set for our life and living.

In the second part, which may well be optional, there are chapters where some key issues and aspects, involved in first part, have been detailed to facilitate deeper understanding of this hypothesis.

When I say, I accept you to be the collaborator and equal partner in this enterprise; I mean to say that you should never accept anything I say, without assigning it to the energy of skepticism. I wish you to test the validity of any probability or hypothesis I am accepting in this eBook. Why I say this? Because, as a collaborator, you shall like to ‘Own The Finality’ of what this eBook arrives at. We are journeying a hypothesis to arrive at the destination of a Theory. When we reach there, you should be equally in ownership and possession of the finality, which I have realized and internalized. I am sharing with you what I have experienced and internalized with this very humble intent that you should benefit like me. This is possible only when you are my collaborator and equal partner in the enterprise.

What we are discussing in this eBook is still in the domain of scientific philosophization. As science is yet to arrive at a definitive theory about what we are discussing here, we are attempting to decipher a probability with all possible scientific objectivity and logicality. However, science is usually complex and given to its own objectives of theorization, not always facilitative of pragmatism of life-living experiences. What we are doing in this eBook is accepting holism of approach �" assimilating life-living experiences with objective scientific reality and creating our own personalized model of reality for our life-living wellness and success.

Welcome to the enterprise and thanks for being my collaborator and equal partner…!

**

 

 

 

At The Very Outset…!

It is said, in contemporary age of information obesity, it is tough for an individual to believe and accept something as true and right. There is a huge plexus of information coming to us from wide variety of ‘media’ and ‘communication’ platforms. The multitude of information is so contradictory and conflicting in nature that they leave people only with more confusion, conflicts and chaos. The media and communication are powerful but probably has already lost the sanity of trust. Our wellness has this critical requirement of trust in our milieus and as media and communication is incessantly splitting our singular trust, conundrum rules people as well as societies.

There is vocal communication from different media that this world has become a better place to live and continuously evolving to excellence. Equally potent and persistent is the communication just contrary to it that gradually, humanity is moving towards its doom and final extinction. What an individual should believe and trust is precarious. Facts are complex and advocacy of both viewpoints is almost always ‘missaionary’ and reactionary. We can say, we should trust science as it probably is the sole objective and logical fact domain. But even among scientists, there is dualism of reality. Moreover, usually science is so complex that average person stands more confused when confronted with scientific findings.

For example, a section of scientific communication tells us that we as humans now stand as genetic dumps and evolutional junks, on the wrong side of timeline, facing almost imminent extinction because of our obsolete and faulty physical-mental designs, subsequent sedimentation of overwhelming deleterious genes; as against our popular perception that we are the finest and loftiest creatures made by God and, modern human, being highly intelligent and omnipotent in his physical-mental abilities. It says, humans are at their worst stage in evolution terms, the degradation starting almost 10,000 years ago. We have a skeleton design that is best suited for four-legged creature but still we carry it with loads of trouble, being on two legs! Our genetic make-up has over 97% as junk and already 15000 genetic defects have been catalogued. All this has made humanity a warehouse of deadly and crippling diseases and untold miseries as most of these genetic defects have affected our mental capacities as a cultural being. Genetically, we are designed not to be purely intelligent but only be somewhat intelligent on top of our almost entirely instinct-driven personality. Etc.

On the other side, there is hugely encouraging communication and visuals about glittering world around �" big malls and multiplexes with brilliant technological devices and gadgets. Scientists are making breakthroughs in medical research, space technology, mobility, energy and communication techniques, etc. Then every day there is encouraging information about technology becoming cheap and penetrating downwards, making it affordable to more and more people. There is peripheral reminder that we are living in most peaceful and prosperous times, even when constant media outreach shows us how wars are on, trade tussles are surging, democratic idealisms are withering, terror is spreading, wellness challenges are enhancing, billions are still poor and malnourished, etc.

The fact of the matter is there are always grains of truth in both sides of communications. The world is good and bad, right and wrong at the same time and has been like that. The trouble is usually one side of communication seldom accepts the truth and reality of the other side, even when everyone knows that good and bad always exist side by side. This world we live is surely getting better but this betterment is in parts. Similarly, things are also getting bad but they also are only in parts. The holism of reality always has this ‘equilibrium’ of good and bad. The golden wisdom is to be aware of both good and bad, right and wrong and then, very consciously align ourselves and our life-living energy to good and right.

What we have to be interested in is the positives we humans have for our better future. One might say; if the above-mentioned words are fact, then in such disastrous circumstances, it looks almost impossible to say that there is still some hope for humanity; but there is. Actually, as trends have already started to show signs, future may be better for humanity if cosmic systems otherwise allows enough time-frame of 500-1000 years for humanity to correct its inherent faulty genetic design and degenerating ways, embarking on a path that is aimed at species intelligence and suitability for not only survival but overall excellence of all lives in the universe. We do not have to go into details of all this here. Few shall have the patience and interest to go through the advancements made on molecular biology, nanotech, space tech, quantum mechanics and other breakthroughs for eugenics as genome and cloning. But then, it is a good reality that all these technological advancements hold key to the better future of humanity.

What we intend to do here is to sum up what we as individuals need to do to stay as truly intelligent beings and create a personal space (also collective space, if possible) for us which ensures not only our survival but excellence in the lives we live and leave for generations to come. And, despite huge deficiencies and defects in our own genetic and instinctive make-up as well as degeneration and chaos in the physical environment and socio-economic-political culture we live in, we as individuals do stand a chance to do so. How?

The first and foremost requirement is huge courage, determination and resilience. What we are today, physically as well as mentally, is largely a product of years of brain and body evolution. Our consciousness, this definitive sense of me or ‘I Am’, is also now accepted as hugely precarious and at the root of most troubles of humanity. Similar is culture and our mind-training. Our mind training is not what we desired or what real knowledge wished. Humanity has been equipped with sanity of objectivity and logicality, which critical scientific knowledge has made possible, only in the last few centuries, which is a timeline too small when we compare it to the fact that we humans have been on Earth for over 4 million years, in our current form.

The primary trouble in the new millennium is that our mindsets have concretized over a huge period of thousands of years. This mindset is used to of accepting what is and has been icons and benchmarks in our popular culture. Lateral, plural and unfounded behavior patterns and mindsets created by religion, philosophies, psychologies and the popular culture, which are based on their subjective notions and ‘part truths’ have made us what we are today. Accepting something new and contrary to our mind and cultural training would be not only tough but also very painful for us. Most of us are geniuses of ‘parts’, not trained mentally and culturally to accept finality of utility of ‘Intelligence of Holism’. This we all need to do.

That’s why, the first requirement is this huge courage, determination and resilience in our part to come out of this mould and accept an entirely new mindset which shall look like as completely contrary to what we so far hold as not only true but ‘sacred’. We need to be accommodative to this new knowledge and modern scientific facts, parallel to our traditional cultural ideas and benchmarks. There is actually no contradiction in what we have been told since ages by subjective religion and philosophies on one side and objective science on the other. This may help in acceptance. In this eBook, we are accepting this holism of wisdom.

The second requirement is to accept and understand how our mind and consciousness have been designed and how this new wisdom can be used with objective intelligence for our individual and collective excellence. Coming out of the dualism of ‘body and soul’ and ‘instinct and intellect’ shall help us do that.

We have to accept that mind is very much like a computer but much more than that. It can provide only those answers and perform only those tasks, which it would be programmed for. Brain is just a referral mechanism for processing facts; deciding ‘right’ and ‘wrong’ for motor action. All its decisions, based on instinctive value summation, are therefore subjective and never objective. There can be objective values of goodness and righteousness now for individuals and our culture as it now has a scientific basis added for better judgment. But, a human mind decides on an individual’s goodness and righteousness not on the basis of this objectivity but on the basis of the values that it has been programmed (neural circuitry) with.

As someone said, ‘The human mind has instinctive mechanism to universalize goodness as well as evil. What we feed in it is not its concern. This is the role of intellect. The universe has not put us where we are today with any specific purpose of designed goodness. We have to design our purpose.’ We cannot accept survival as our purpose. That we are already designed for, though very poorly! We, as intellectual beings, need to set lofty and larger goals for ourselves and then program our minds to attain it. As we repeat this objective mind training to our brain, the objective goodness would spread all throughout its neural circuitry and then, we won’t have to think twice to perform goodness and righteousness as it would then become an instinct, and thus an involuntary mechanism, like a hand moving away involuntarily as it touches fire.

A real good and empowered human is not one who needs to think and then behave and act good. Rather, it is one who does not have to think as all his behavior and actions are instinctively bound to be good. We don’t consciously remember when we drive a car or cook a meal as it is instinctive, even when they were once learned behavior. Objective goodness is also learned behavior but when we repeatedly practice it, it becomes instinctive.

Mind is value neutral. Mind spreads values that it is assigned by an individual (chosen software) or a culture to every part of its neural circuitry. That’s why we have to use our objective intellect to input only objective value benchmarks that has singularity of value-decision and weed out unproven and pluralistic values, which allows cunning and devilish inventiveness of mind’s value summation.

All these are core and critical content of this eBook. We are going to talk about Consciousness, Cognitions and Causalities that are key elements of empowerment. We are however focusing on the very crucial aspects of body-mind ‘media’ and ‘communication’, which we as conscious beings have to use dexterously to attain everything we seek for our overall wellness and success in life and living. Do step in, involve, evolve and optimize your best potentials…

**

 

Thanks For Your Magnanimity, The First Chapter Begins...

 

PART ONE

 

 

CHAPTER 1

This precarious yet definitively palpable experience of your ‘Conscious Self’ summoning and then having an audience with your own Subconscious space is a hugely rewarding feeling. The communication between two layers of ‘I’ or self, is neither new nor is it something somebody has to do. It is an auto-process, keeps happening and the conscious and subconscious layers are entwined in a two-way communication loop in some dialectic causality. This means, the conscious is affected by subconscious and also affects it and the vice-versa. This lop is repetitive yet evolving.

However, this auto-process of communication between the two layers of ‘I’ seems like a silent and mute mechanism and their interactions are not usually registered by conscious self. Moreover, the causality or purpose of the communication is internalized process of different brain states. A fragment of its sparks may be felt either in dreams or thought pop ups in awakened state or very rarely in fleeting epiphanies but seldom registered by our conscious self for active recall and replication. That is, a person is not usually aware of the purpose, process and outcomes of the conscious-subconscious communication.

What we are talking here is another dimension or domain of communication between the two layers that is initiated by the conscious self, the awakened and fully aware ‘I’, with a purpose that is well designed and thought of, fully mindful of the process that the communication needs to have along with a definitive goal as the finality of outcome. This is what we called the well-aware process of the conscious self summoning and then having an audience with its subconscious self to accomplish a definitive and even tangible outcome. This not only is a very rewarding feeling but also a hugely potent tool for infinite wellness successes. This is what we are talking about in this eBook.

What we are intending to do here in next paragraphs is first narrate the chain of experiences that I had as these would help you understand many aspects of communication within different layers of ‘I’ or self and the huge potential this artistry can have on our wellness and excellence in life and living. Also, later, we shall also be able to relate reasonably well with the fact that all that we are talking here is not new as humanity has successfully practiced the artistry since thousands of years. And, the most important aspect that we shall discuss is how ‘I’ or self is the primary and ultimate ‘Karta’, the protagonist of all realism of our world and life-living experiences and how this ‘I’ or self can consciously create tangible probabilities with intangible mechanism-processes of body and mind. That is, how our conscious self, a very ‘Aware-I’ can successfully use the ‘Media’ of body-mind for a ‘Communication’, the purpose and outcome of which we have opted for and wished to.

In later chapters we shall discuss in details almost everything to understand the mechanism and processes of consciousness, body-mind media, the communication plexus and a lot more to arrive at a hypothesis about how we can consciously use the same media and communication channels that our subconscious mind states use as an auto-process, not felt or registered by us. In a way we shall also talk about the idea of ‘I’ or self �" the ‘We’ which is being referred here as the doer or ‘Conscious Self’ or ‘Aware-I’. And why we are doing it? To unravel a very powerful and well practiced artistry of ‘I’ to consciously manage our body-mind media and its communication plexus for life-living attainments of wellness and success. This definitively is the ultimate empowerment anyone can think of.

So, here we go…

**

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

CHAPTER 2

It started around more than a decade back. I was traversing an age where futility of this conflicted instinctive self, which largely defines subconscious mind states, was settling in. It was beginning to descend down on the horizon of the conscious thoughtfulness that the situational success that I was in, had made the subconscious ingenuity enslave the conscious ‘I’. The protagonist that the conscious self was on the stage of life-living was in fact only enacting the script that subconscious success-benchmark had screen-played in advance. It happened in such unease of tumult of disharmony and dichotomy between two dimensions of the Self.

Third day in a row and my fever was abnormally high, refusing to die down. The pain, unease and incapacitation were calamitous but that was not troubling my conscious self. In the next three days, I had a very crucial event in my office and I had to be in good readiness to match and even surpass the benchmark of excellence that I had established for myself. I desperately needed to be fighting fit.

Late in the evening, I surrendered. My conscious self admitted defeat and accepted that I had lost the opportunity that the event could extend to bolster further success in my career. This very acceptance somehow seemed to have brought my being in sync with present-ness of time and space. I surrendered my conscious self that was living up the probabilities of potentials of a near future. This brought it in close proximity to my own subconscious self that instinctively was there, well-informed of the ‘troubled’ situation at hand. This situationed the inevitability of the interface of conscious with subconscious �" both stood in linearity with singular moment of situation of the present. This is the least and simplest of narrations of probably a rather complex body-mind situation that was there.

Probably, both conscious and subconscious layers being in linearity and symmetry, they jointly addressed the singularity of situation �" my pain and incapacitation. This linearity and symmetry potentialed the probability of a magnificent magicality. Why I say this? Because now I can say that it is very rare in our busy and multi-tasking world of life-living to have a situation where our subconscious and conscious mind layers stand in linearity for a singular situation of joint enterprise. Almost often, our conscious self is busy with one issue and the subconscious is engaged in another usually unrelated task. The ‘connect’ between the two is either missing or too weak. This dualism, conflict or asymmetry between two layers is something we do not even register but it always happens. This ‘split’ is probably our body-mind make up and an innate situation, thanks to the evolution of our complex brain states. That late evening this linearity and symmetry happened, which I can speak of only now. However, still, something was missing for the magic to unravel and unleash…!

Few minutes later, I consciously began to sing, with lots of gathered strength, a song my departed father used to sing. It was worded as, ‘Suniye Nath Gareeb Nawaj… Aayi Sharan Mein Tujhe Meri Laaj… (Do kindly listen O Lord of the needy and destitute. I have surrendered to you and you have to help me).’ With high fever, pain and incapacitation, it was tough to sing and therefore required a very ‘Conscious’ effort in my part. Also, as the song itself had a deep association and ‘connect’ with the memory of my father, who used to sing this song, I also wept and kept singing for an hour or so. The subconscious state that was completely drenched and drowned in helplessness and debilitation, probably found itself a supportive advocacy of conscious self and together there was a singular, definitive and unflinching expression and communication of an emergency need for immediate ‘help’…!

The night I slept and could not remember much as probably I was in a delirium. Early morning I found myself in the pool of sweat. I experienced untold weakness but my mind felt fresh. My conscious self had clarity of thoughtfulness and fever was down to normal. The day passed and fever did not come back. In the night, when usually fever used to be high, the fever returned but was very mild. Next day, I was normal and on my toes and eventually made it to my crucial office event and did well.

This experience and experiment has been repeated three more times successfully since then and every time a new element was added, even when I could ascertain that the core ‘magic’ remained the same. We shall try to decipher the ‘magic’ after detailing the other three experiments as every other experience had something new in them…

Four years back, my lower back pain came to stay as a permanent thing in my life. Initially, the pain was very crippling in the morning and as the day progressed, it was bearable. I sort of accepted that as it was something very common, especially for tall man like me, I ignored it. I did some yoga exercise but it worsened the pain. In the next two months, pain and stiffness worsened and it became tough for me to do even my daily routine. I had in my mind the ‘magic’ that I had earlier experimented as only a year back, I had repeated this successfully with another fever bout. However, I realized that as lower back was something always there with me, even since my youth days and so I believed it was something related with my skeletal frame, which was naturally deteriorating with age. I was reluctant to repeat my experiment with back pain as I was sure it was not a malaise but a physical reality of a degenerative body that was only natural.

This time, it all happened unplanned and spontaneous. One morning not only the back pain was acute and intense but also, the pain moved up to upper back and reached bottom of my neck. The whole day, I had nothing to do and there was no business at hand. I just kept lying on my bed, was silent and as usual, surrendered myself to the situation. I didn’t sing. I could not as even breathing was a tough ask. Didn’t remember my father, didn’t invoke divinity. I simply focused on my pain. It was like I called up my pain and sat with it and respectfully and humbly showed up my tears. I remembered a folklore about a fakeer (hermit) who wailed and wept inconsolably and cured any diseased person who came to him. I wept and wailed and all along consciously focused on the pain as if it was a person and I was directing my tears and wails to ‘him’…

Nothing magical happened next day. Probably, the pain and intensity were the same. However, next day, there were troubles with my mother. She had serious trouble with her health and I simply forgot my own self and almost subconsciously dived into a routine of unending work to extend best possible care and support to her. Almost 15 days passed and as she continued to be serious all these days, I simply could not even register the actuality of severity of my own pain and incapacitation. My mother started to be well and I too had some leisure time first time in 15 days. Suddenly, I registered that somehow I had managed single-handedly everything in past 15 days, even when my condition was such that I even had huge trouble moving around. I realized the lower back pain was still there but very mild and even disappeared for day or two and would again come back. In months to come, the inflammation that was so intense that even slight press of the affected area was impossible, I could now massage it and felt no pain. Of course, lower back pain is not fully gone but it is not permanent; comes back occasionally and that too very mild, whenever I overstretch things.

Similar success happened with what looked like initial prostate trouble. It is common in maternal side of my family and I was already expecting it. This experiment was somewhat similar to what had happened with back pain. Again, it was like summoning the problem, having an audience with it and respectfully expressing my incapacitation with simplicity of honesty and humility. This time, there were no tears, no wails just an intense and long conscious talk with my own ‘self’. Things began to improve after a week and I kept the ‘talk process’ on for two-three times…

Most interesting and very appealing is the last experience, which happened a few months back. I had tooth pain and it had lasted a week. I rarely take a pain killer but I did all home remedies like salt-turmeric paste rubbing, clove oil, etc. No relief. After a week, the pain shot up and spread to ears and forehead. The pain was shooting and pulsating, making it hard even to sleep. I took painkillers reluctantly for two days but it only provided relief for few hours. The pain intensified.

On probably 9th day of my tooth pain, it was unbearable and still, there was no rest possible. I had a long day of work and it could not be possibly avoided. As I mustered up courage to begin the day with my work, it flashed in my mind that I should do the experiment that had thrice been successful. However, deep inside, I felt this time it wouldn’t work as I thought, as I had planned it, my brain has already got aware that I was consciously attempting to selfishly use the experiment for relieving pain and that would alert my subconscious. I dropped the idea.

An hour later, I changed my mind and thought, why not take a chance, the pain is killing me, what is the loss; anyway I am up and doing my work. This time however, very consciously, I changed the core element of my experiment. I chose a song I had heard from the legendary musician of India, Bharat Ratna, Ustad Bismillah Khan Saheb, based on Raag Bhairav Of Indian classical musical tradition that is worded like, ‘Allah Hi Allah Jalle Shan Allah… Rim jhim Baras Ho Noor Tazalla… Allah Hi Allah…(A praise of the almighty Allah).

I kept with my work and recited the composition 40-50 times throughout the day. It is irrelevant, yet being mentioned just for information that I am born Hindu, Brahmin but do not engage in the question of traditional religion and divinity. The day passed and late in the night, I could manage to sleep. It was a dreamless sleep and so deep that I could not even register how long I had slept. Early morning, I woke up an hour before sunrise on my fixed time. It was winter night and I had my quilt over me. As I awoke, I felt numbness in my body. It took a few seconds before I could register that I could move my body. Seconds later I could realize I was in a pool of sweat and as I checked my skin, I could feel that sweating had been profuse and probably the whole night as there was thick sticky layer on my skin. Probably after five minutes I could shift my attention to my tooth pain, which was still there but felt very much bearable. As the day progressed, the pain died down considerably and in the next two days, there was only this somatic sensation that reminded that there was this massive pain there. Third day, everything was normal…

Before we proceed to interpretation of different probable aspects of the experiments and experiences sketched above, there are a few important things that need categorical mention. The experiments may seem to suggest religious insinuations as it may look like God or divinity are being invoked and connected with. However, I must make it amply clear that it was not. My position regarding God and divinity is neither atheist nor a theist nor an agnostic. I have already written an eBook on this issue titled, ‘I Am God’. We shall deal with it later.

Secondly, it may seem that experiment is primarily associated with pain, physical trouble and its cure, but I must say it is not. The broad idea is about a situation of destabilization of any sort and then the way out of it. The experiments may seem like an intangible process facilitating a solution of tangible trouble but it can also be intangible situations too. These four experiences or experiments have been mentioned for ease of accepting a hypothesis about media and communication of consciousness.

The experiments narrated above broadly falls in the domain of three probabilities. Though I have experimented and experienced things and successfully worked out a process of solution and relief, I shall not say what exactly it is. I shall rather analyze all possible aspects and dimensions of these processes and shall always call them as probabilities. I shall also appeal you not to fall for any interpretation or conclusion and always remain skeptic. We are not dealing here with science, which itself is not always above the scope of skepticism. We are essentially attempting scientific philosophizing, building up probabilities to unravel and decipher the entire spectrum of realism that ‘I’ or self can associate itself with. That is why I said we shall discuss these experiments and experiences under three probabilities.

  1. The first probability is that we can say, there is no definitive link between process of conscious input of emotional appeal and cure or subsidence of trouble. Why? Because, we all know, even while the emotional processes may be accepted as effecting some relief to the pain and disability, there are still many other elements both tangible and intangible working towards the same goal. Like, we can say, most fevers have a cycle and it anyways comes to an end. Also, body’s own immune system is working, which takes it time and may culminate on a particular time-space coinciding with the emotional process. Also, some sort of medication is there and it also works gradually. The simple point is as emotional appeal is only one among many processes going on simultaneously, we cannot definitively say, emotional process alone did the solution or it alone was the dominant element. True it is as such a finality of assertion can be accepted only when such experiments have a sample size as big and diverse as possible. Four experiments is a very miniscule sample size. We shall analyze this probability later…
  2. True that there always are multiple elements in milieus inside the body and outside working simultaneously on a situation and they keep working silently to a point when a finality of its shape is unraveled and installed. However, it is very much possible that emotional processes catalyze all other elements, speeding up and optimizing the cure mechanism.
  3. The third probability is that conscious emotional elements are the singular media that matters as it alone has the communication potential and pathways that body-brain media accepts, which then in turn activates all other elements of immunity within to begin the work. In other words, body-brain mechanism essentially has the cure and magic that finally works but, it is this language of emotion or thoughtfulness, or this communication causality of emotions that brain and body either listens to or lends critical importance to for any action. This probability rests on the premise that subconscious processes probably require clear and categorical ‘critical’ communication from conscious layer of self or ‘I’ to work out actionable processes for solutions. In other words, subconscious is a neutral media but requires specific ‘communication’ from conscious part to actualize or at least catalyze certain causality.

Ideally, how our brain functions and how different layers of consciousnesses connect and communicate with each other is not something that should be talked in terms of probabilities and philosophizing. However, as contemporary science has not yet fully and irrevocably concluded this knowledge, we have this freedom and also the necessity to explore all probabilities. These probabilities themselves have been made possible because of great deal of objective and definitive knowledge that science has provided us. Also, there is surely no better empowerment for an individual to have inquisitiveness and knowledge about how our body-mind works and how we, as conscious selves can effectively use this ‘media’ of body-mind mechanism to attain optimal wellness and success in life and living. Therefore, we are always better off analyzing all possible ‘causalities’ of this media and communication that our conscious selves can have. This is what we are attempting in this eBook.

Gradually, we shall move towards a sense or system of Everythingness that may be accepted as the right and true hypothesis. In the next chapter, we briefly discuss different probabilities about how intangibilities affect and shapes up tangible outcomes in our body and brain. This shall help us accept the hypothesis that when we talk about how our body and mind works, there are emerging evidences that our subconscious and conscious structures of self or ‘I’ have a causality, which we are attempting to discover in this eBook, outlining that together they work as ‘Media’ and ‘Communication’ plexus for each other.

**

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

CHAPTER 3

An individual surely has the liberty to choose any one of the three probabilities that we have listed above. However, as we have talked earlier, as contemporary science has not yet fully and irrevocably deciphered the entire spectrum of brain mechanism and processes, we should ideally be happily skeptic and entertain every possibility. This leads us to a larger and deeper understanding of how ‘I’ or self as body-mind platform of inter-activity works and potentials artistries for our wellness and excellence.

We pick up as many probabilities of realism that can emerge from the experiments and experiences we have narrated above. They are surely based on what science has also realized and experimented with, even while they still have to come up with definitive rules of engagement or law of causality. Moreover, science also progresses on hypotheses that emerge from experiences of human consciousness. Humans first decipher a pattern or a causality and then as we mature and evolve in knowledge, we objectively test the validity and logicality of those hypotheses. This itself is the progression of science. Therefore, scientific philosophization itself is the primary enterprise of being scientific. This is what we are doing.

The first aspect about the experiences we mentioned above is that scientific experiments tells us that even when we fake a smile, our body mind responds to it as if we are actually happy. This means, if we are depressed and do not feel like being happy at all, scientific experiments have confirmed that if we fake a smile, if just move our facial muscles that simulates a smile or laughter, it also has similar impact that an actual smile backed by actual happiness has on our body and mind. This idea is the core principle of a huge study domain of cognitive science that modern science has been able to venture into with success. As neuro-science has made great breakthroughs into brain function and its neural mechanism and processes, first time in history of humanity, we have a novel and very powerful prism of looking at ‘I’ or self in a new light.

We all know how in contemporary world, we have moved from behavioral economics that was based on archaic principles of psychology to neuro-economics based on understanding of brain science. Cognitive science weighs in how people see and accept a reality based not on objective facts and elements of physical reality but on emotional elements. For example, great numbers of middle-class people are buying big SUVs or luxury cars and large houses even when they do not need them. They do it because of their cognitive acceptance that as everyone is doing the same, it is the ‘right’ thing to do. This is neuro-economics at work, which markets and businesses pick up for brand messaging. On the contrary, if some communities in some European nations are consciously opting for small houses, cycles or shared vehicles, they too are guided by collective cognitive acceptance of this being good and right for them.

The idea is, human body-mind mechanism and its outcome that we study as different layers of consciousness seems to journey successfully with the media of emotionalism as cognitive domain seems to have a mix of physical as well as emotional elements. However, even as science has not fully established which factor weighs in how much and which way for brain states to take a final decision but it is now increasingly being accepted that cognitive factors of emotional realism stands as most dominating factor in finality of decisions.

For example, a man is out doing a risky job. His unconscious layers are perfectly wired to avoid any risky action. His subconscious layer is fully aware about the risks involved in doing the job. Still, his conscious self knows it very well that he needs good money not for his own benefit and pleasures but for education of his kids and treatment of his wife’s illness. He knows that risky jobs pay better and therefore, his decision-making is dominated by emotional elements, even while his cognitive spectrum is weighing in physical as well as instinctive elements of the realism. This cognitive economics is the most-traded coin in contemporary markets as brand communications are being done keeping emotional elements in mind.

Here, it is also relevant to talk about placebo effect that has been debated globally. We shall not discuss much about it but just mentioning it to keep in mind that placebo effect itself has been accepted by science. This suggests, there is a causality between ‘conscious’ acceptance of an element, which in turn somehow affects the subconscious and triggers some kind of positive change in body and mind mechanism. The role of conscious ‘thoughts’ and emotions in shaping some processes in subconscious layers is something we shall discuss in later chapters.

Also, there is a rather debatable role of Homeopathic treatment of diseases or symptoms. Many scientists believe that homeopathy is nothing but some sort of sorcery. However, fact remains that millions of people benefit from homeopathy drugs and line of treatment of many chronic and other diseases. Many governments spend big amount promoting homeopathy treatment as alternative medicine. We can probably see and accept that the way homeopathy treatment is done, there is an emphasis on patient-doctor emotional-connect and psychologies are played out in minute details while arriving at a diagnosis. Moreover, the idea of the mechanism of placebo effect also cannot be ruled out. Then, it may also be possible that whatever is administered as drug, it is in fact a chemical element that may well be akin to some ‘communication’, using the media of body-mind plexus. How it works may be unknown but it works, is a fact.

Then, we have a rather fascinating and modern scientific element of ‘Orientation-Healing’. This says, you are as sick or as healthy as you ‘accept’ yourself as. This is especially true about many body-mind conditions or symptoms like depression and many other mind disorders. This healing process lays emphasis on ‘Conscious’ orientation of ‘self’ towards a positive emotion and feeling, through aware thoughtfulness that ‘I Am Fine And Shall Overcome’. Even modern medical science suggests such ‘Orientation-Healing’ complementing the popular medical process through drugs and surgical interventions.

The core causality that is common in all the above healing or corrective processes are some sort of Conscious ‘Communication’ using the same subconscious media that every one of us have. The simple Rule Of Causality is that our consciousness has a mechanism and process where there is a structure of media in our body and mind, which is subconscious. However, this media does respond well to a communication that our ‘Conscious’ self inputs. This causality between subconscious and conscious that plays out between the ‘Media’ and the ‘Communication’ plexus is what we are attempting to unravel in this book with as much holistic wisdom as is available to humanity till date.

In the next chapter, we are going into details of this very core concept of ‘Consciousness’ as when we understand the consciousness structures and functionalities in detail, we shall have ease in moving confidently into the aspects of ‘Media’ and ‘Communication’. Consciousness has emerged in the new millennium of 21st century as the core realism around which the theory of Everythingness can be built. Knowing consciousness well also opens up better understanding of the infinite causalities that affect our life-living wellness and excellence.

**

 

CHAPTER 4

We need to assess first, how our consciousness seems to have been designed and how our brain states communicate with body structures, using which media. There is enough scientific knowledge available now and it is a huge sense of satisfaction that modern quantum science has focused very intently on the idea of ‘Consciousness’. We are attempting to elaborate on these issues to first arrive at a definitive probability as to what essentially is the ‘media’ that our brain states uses for communication between mind and body structures as well as between brain-body system and external milieus. Once we have a reasonably convincing idea about the ‘media’, we have better understanding of the communication mechanisms and processes that works for ‘I’ or self. That shall facilitate our own conscious and aware artistry of skillfully using the communication platform and pathways for wellness and excellence in all life-living situations, be it health, curative processes or general intelligence and common sense.

There is a primary hypothesis that is now being widely accepted in new millennium of scientific mindset, which underlines that humans are very closely associated with their close cousins, the chimps and other mammals as huge majority of our genes are common. We humans are different and way ahead of all other species of complex organisms primarily because we have highly advanced brain states. That exclusivity of large and complex brain structure with all its yet un-deciphered mechanism and processes make us stand on top of the pyramid of lives on Earth. It is this complex brain that has made possible a ‘Consciousness’ in we humans, which is rare and probably exclusive in this universe. But, now we have known that this exclusivity is good in many senses but primarily the primary cause of almost all troubles that humanity has had and continues to add more. This is interesting…!

When we look at and accept life-living realism and ‘I’ or self positioned in them from the modern and path-breaking concept and realism of ‘Consciousness’, we have ease in internalizing the ideas of the ‘Media’ that our body-brain uses for ‘Communication’. We also get to feel less revolted by this precarious realism that ‘I’ or self operates simultaneously in different layers of consciousness and almost certainly, our unconscious and subconscious selves dominate almost over 90 percent of our thoughts, behaviors and actions. It is a miniscule percent of thoughts behaviors and action that ‘I’ or self takes as ‘Conscious Self’ that is fully aware and in control of them. This stupidity is our design, we cannot help.

Important here it is to mention that it seems a definitive reality that all three major layers of consciousness �" unconscious, subconscious and conscious, have a singular ‘Media’ for all sorts of communication, even while we are not even registering the presence of media and its communication plexus in majority of over 90 percent of situations. As and when we get to unravel the ‘Media’ and the communication mechanism and processes, we probably can understand better how ‘I’ or self stands in the milieus and acts and behaves. Also, we shall have good understanding of how consciously and effectively we can use this ‘Media’ and communication channels and plexus as the artistry we have narrated in the experiences and experiments above.

There are three major aspects of the realism called Consciousness, as science has so far deciphered. The ancient Oriental spiritualism had hinted about them many thousand years back but they could not know the Rules of Causality. It could be because realism has always been there and available for those who cared. Truth is singular and already there, we humans cannot create truth or realism but always can decipher and unravel it. This science of consciousness and cognition and the causality among them is deciphering many aspects of that singular realism but still evolving and has not yet reached a definitive stage. Still, the three aspects we are going to discuss here that science has successfully deciphered shall help us big way in understanding Consciousness. After that, we shall talk about the ‘Media’ and ‘Communication’ realities. The three aspects of consciousness we list as:

  1. Entropic: There is this seemingly very valid and probably self-verifiable interpretation of consciousness as an entropic situation and expression of human brain. In the long, varied and potentially complex process of evolution, human brain states probably developed and evolved to such an intricate and multilayered system that reached a criticality of entrenched entropy. This entropic ecosystem of advanced brain engendered consciousness that stood exclusive to humans as no other complex organism had this level of criticality of entropy of such a complex brain. What does this mean? What we can make out of this scientific yet ambiguous idea of Entropic Consciousness?

We all know that entropy itself is a complex idea yet in simple terms, we accept entropy as measure of order or disorder in a system. A high entropy system is one with higher measure of disorder. This disorder is broadly expressed in terms of the system’s higher propensity towards randomization. This disorder may in broad sense be accepted as something that makes the overall optimal efficiency of a system uncertain. So, when we say that human brain has far more and greater entropy than any other animal, we are essentially saying that human brain states have greater range and repertoire of mental awareness and cognitive capacities. The core hypothesis is that the consciousness we humans have that makes us aware of ‘I’ or self, as distinct and exclusive from others, is because of our brain evolving to unparalleled complexities, thus having a critical level of entropy that in turn engenders consciousness that we have. Other animals, especially higher organisms also have consciousness but as their brain is less complex and therefore the entropy level is much below the criticality that human brain has, only humans have a consciousness that finds expression in much higher and deeper awareness of ‘I’ or self.

Now, as we have understood and can accept the idea of entropic consciousness, we need to look at the modern and contemporary explanation about ‘I-Awareness’ or what we may call levels of self-awareness. It is accepted by scientific experimentation that consciousness, as it was engendered, happened because of ‘entropy-expansion’ it is designed and wired to a higher state of randomization. Why? It is explained that thermodynamics theory has established that a closed system is always naturally aligned to optimize the system entropy. That is probably why human consciousness that is the outcome of entropy-expansion has this innate and intrinsic orientation and propensity for entropy-optimization. This means, human consciousness, in its innate and intrinsic character is given to higher randomization. Science accepts entropy-expansion as the ‘defining property’ of consciousness but also admits that it has to be automatically followed by entropy-suppression to bring about system reorganization or systemic settlement.

So, what we can conclude for ease of understanding and also for accepting a simplified hypothesis for our further journey towards exploration of ‘media and communication’ of consciousness, is that human consciousness is innately randomized and disorderly because this very entropy made consciousness possible and therefore there is this auto-process within the ecosystem of brain states itself to introduce and install a process of order and stability. In other words, human consciousness has in-built mechanism for disorder and disruption but the same consciousness has the in-built mechanism to feel and recognize the disorder. It also has the mechanism to correct them. Therefore, it is only natural that within the ecosystem of consciousness, there are media and communication plexus to identify and then correct entropic expressions. We are traversing this undulating path of consciousness and cognition to decipher the causality of that ‘media’ and ‘communication’ plexus.

  1. Emergent: Having discussed the probable origin and innate nature of consciousness, we now have the task at hand to have a feel and internalization of the realism of consciousness. This shall facilitate the understanding of the media and communication system of our body-mind mechanism. Defining consciousness and having a definitive idea about consciousness is a tough task. Why? Because, primarily, when we speak of consciousness, we know we are dealing with something that does not have a physicality to it. It is a realism that has all trappings of virtualism. Consciousness is an intangibility that we have to see and understand not with the help of our five senses but with a mechanism, which itself is very much our consciousness. Therefore, the challenge is to understand the realism of a virtualism with the help of the virtualism itself.

So, without further complicating the issue, we begin to attempt a defining process that helps us understand consciousness. There is a rather simplified yet smart interpretation of consciousness that maintains that consciousness is an intangible, emergent and ever transient (shifting) property of two-way information processing by brain states and mega plexus of neurons, spread throughout the body. First, it works as a storehouse of information, which is gathered from sensory organs. It matches these info with the milieus around and creates an imagery of physical model for the body to deliberate on a decision for appropriate action. This imagery is intangible. This is first part.

Simultaneously, when these models lead to tangible actions and behaviors by body, it also stores those ‘experiences’ emerging out of these set of actions of body and converts them into processed information for future decision-making. Therefore, consciousness works not only as warehouse but also as agent of gathering and processing multi-dimensional information. As deliberating imagery of workable models out of the previously stored information is an intangible facility, whereas storing information from actual actions taken by body is a tangible work, the consciousness as a dual mechanism is intangible, emergent and virtual processing of information.

Its dual character makes consciousness a virtual agency. It is not body, not purely brain, not entirely the full spectrum of what we know as mind, but a part of mind. That is why consciousness has an emergent and virtual skin and flesh. At best, it is a bridge between the body and brain, very much part of mind and always evolving. This mechanism makes consciousness a virtual agency and that is why there is so much of mysticism and marvel associated with the idea of consciousness. It is because of the virtual nature of consciousness �" the sense of ‘I’, mysticism stands as instinctive first choice of acceptance of realism. That is why the old wisdom as well as science maintains that God, ghosts, angels, soul and after life et al are mystical realisms, which are all inside our conscious self and what we do with the above idea in physical world is a virtualism, emanating out of the very character and nature of our consciousness.

The dualism, which the idea of consciousness creates is �" ‘You’ are in your perspective and your perspective is in ‘you’. This needs elaboration. Modern scientific insight into mechanism of consciousness says nothing new or against what old wisdom of ancient world had elaborated thousands of years back. Science however puts facts in objective way, elaborating the details of the mechanism, which creates the dualism of consciousness. The primary hypothesis is the fact that human evolution designed a brain, which is far more complex and multi-functional than other developed organisms. In addition, human brain is not a typical single part, like other organs, e.g. liver. It has evolved in a way, which makes it a layered organ, with every new layer evolving as a pile up on previous layer. Brain is a complex ‘cooperative’ of multi-functional parts working in an auto-mode synchrony, which we are mostly unaware of.

From this analysis emerge two important facts about consciousness. First, consciousness is a virtual intangibility that emerges or is realized because of the very complex collaboration and co-option of multiple and multidimensional plexus of organic layers and channels of brain, nervous system and body’s own electro-chemical systems. Therefore, it is only very natural that conscious is always emergent, hence transient. Consciousness being an entropic expression of the body-brain system, it always has this innate propensity for randomizations. However, this same consciousness has this evolved awareness about the entropy-expansion and therefore a potential ingrained for entropy-suppression.

Secondly, science has not yet definitively deciphered as to which way consciousness reaches at the finality of a value-summation, or what we may simply know as decision for behavior or action. This question relates to media and communication of consciousness system. As science has not established the finality of media and communication within and without consciousness, it is open to scientific philosophization or what we may simply term as probability of hypothesis building, based on available objective and logical facts. This we are doing and attempting to do in some credible way in this book.

  1. Vectoral: The third aspect about consciousness is referred to as Vectoral property of consciousness. What does it mean? By definition, Vector is a phenomenon that has two independent properties �" magnitude and direction existing simultaneously, like electromagnetic field. When science says consciousness is a vectoral realism, it means that consciousness is a variable and ever transient situationalism because of simultaneous operation of not only two but may be many independent, yet cooperating properties. This needs to be understood.

When we say, consciousness is a vectoral property of information processing, we need to realize that brain states is constantly processing huge amount of information from different channels. There are information coming constantly from outer milieus, of which we are aware only of a very miniscule part. Still, the processing of huge amount of info data is continuously going on. Then we have information channels constantly feeding inputs from the internal milieu within our body to which brain states respond, even while we are not always aware of. There are thought processes, emotional elements, attitudinal aspects, quotient of fear and insecurity, etc that are constantly inputting unimaginable amount of data for brain states to process. As consciousness is an emergent property of collective and cooperative summation of multiple agencies, it is easy to accept that our consciousness is transient, shifting as per the dominant inputted info. Therefore, the ‘I’ or self is different when with the family, watching a soccer match, on the busy streets, in the office board room, at the church, etc. The vectoral consciousness suggests that consciousness being a multi-dimensional situation of an emergent vitualism, it is constantly shaped up and reshaped as per the new situation that milieus and other elements unveil on daily basis or in course of life and living.

The three aspects of consciousness that we have discussed is aimed at understanding the idea of consciousness in holism and entirety. This shall help when we now move on to the real issue we started with. That is the issue of media and communication that consciousness uses or has at its command to effect a range of realism at conscious and subconscious levels. Our primary concern is to discuss and unravel the media and communication system that has the potential to effect and install what we wish to accomplish in our life-living. This media and communication system can and does bring about effective changes in our body wellness and mind sanity and stability. The very idea of discussing consciousness and its nature in detail was to establish some reality that we can hypothesize and philosophize as science has not yet fully and definitively established.

For ease and convenience of recollection and swift reference, we list the reality that we can hypothesize after we have detailed consciousness �"

  1. This sense of subjective self or ‘I’ is a very layered realism, bordering and swaying into the domain of vitualism. This sense and feel that ‘we are’ is expressing itself in many layered existentialism of unconscious, subconscious and conscious.
  2. This subjective self or ‘I’ is a collective causality of cooperative and co-opting elements of body and brain of which some are tangible and others intangible. Therefore, ‘we are’ not only body, not only mind, not only thoughts, not only emotions, not only attitudes, not only fears and insecurities, not only bundle of memes but a sum-totality of all, even while being everything. This means, consciousness or sense of self is always a holistic expression of totality and entirety, even when singular elements of its constitution are always there and indispensable for its holism. In other words, ‘I’ have ‘parts’ but its actual expression or core property is always as a ‘whole’. If any single ‘part’ is missing, the ‘whole’ ceases to exist.
  3. The subjective self or ‘I’ is always emerging, shifting and changing because of its very nature of being a ‘process’ and not a fixed and tangible matter. Consciousness is an expression and property emerging out of complex and multidimensional processing of huge amount of info in the ever-shifting internal as well as external milieus. Therefore, the very single body of ‘I’ has many functional selves, even while structurally there is only one entity of ‘I’.
  4. Importantly, as this sense of subjective self or ‘I’ is a function of entropy of our body-mind system, the consciousness in its very nature has the propensity for entropy-expansion. This means, in our daily lives of subconscious self or ‘Unaware-I’, we are inclined to and oriented towards destabilization, un-organization, randomization, abstractions, virtualism, confusion and conflicts, etc. The very entropic property of consciousness ensures the above states for us. Interestingly, as the domain of subconscious brain state dominates the mind space to the extent that science compares subconscious to a soccer field where conscious self is just a small goalpost; average human being is predominantly a stupid at freewill and a mechanism of chaos, confusion and conflict.
  5. However, as the dialectical mechanism always ensures, the very conscious self or ‘Aware-I’ itself emerges and evolves because of the stupidity and disorganization of subconscious. The thesis-antithesis-synthesis process is applicable to consciousness too. When the subconscious or unconscious actualizes a cognitive ‘realism’ for self or ‘I’, the same brain states, which have evolved top layers handling logic and thoughtfulness of reason, engenders a virtual domain or space of ‘Conscious’ self. This ‘higher consciousness’ by innate nature of its dialectical origin, supplies the elements of skepticism, facilitating another dimension of cognitive realism. This dimension is human’s ‘entropy-suppression’ process that keeps system sanity at optimality.
  6. Therefore, consciousness is probably the microcosmic model of evolutionary mechanism that the cosmos has as a macrocosm. Every system has its entropic expression and the same system innately has an embedded and ingrained mechanism of entropy-correction or entropy-suppression for sustained ‘optimality’ of system enterprise. This dualism of cosmic system that is its infinite evolutionary energy, is also the primary and embedded property of consciousness. The dualism of consciousness works on dialectical cyclicality of entropy expansion and entropy suppression �" confusion writing the initial script of life-living drama and then sanity of propriety enacting the best protagonist on the theatre of life.
  7. This all leads us to the finality of our assertion of that singular hypothesis or scientific philosophization and that says �"
  • Intelligence and Sanity Of A Human Being Is In Higher Awareness of This DUALISM Of Consciousness And Its Unwavering ACCEPTANCE. Wellness Is In Healthy, Effective And Smooth Functioning Of The Dialectical Cyclicality Of Consciousness. And, Empowerment Is In Conscious Mastery Of Artistry Of Engineering & Management Of Dualism Of ‘I-Cognitions’ For Optimality Of Thoughtfully Opted Goals Of Life-Living…

**

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

CHAPTER 5

Now, we have the core question as what possibly is the media and communication plexus that a conscious self or ‘Aware-I’ has at his or her disposal to enterprise the optimality of Consciousness towards our avowed goals of life of wellness and success. It needs to be understood as why we are focusing on the media and communication plexus that work between different layers of consciousness. The primary purpose of this enquiry and inquisitiveness is to arrive at a possible framework of mechanism and process, which we as conscious self can use to orient ourselves towards solutions using the platforms of media and communication plexus.

It needs to be stated here with humility and innocence that we are not attempting to delve deep into scientific processes, rather we are relying on our own experiences that everyone of us have. No doubt, these experiences we have can be explained in true scientific language or terms but this is not our concern. We are focusing on what we know, what we experience and what we keep doing in our normal lives and from these experiences we shall try to decipher the media and communication plexus. We just have to be aware and above all, innocently non-judgmental as we hypothesize and philosophize about processes.

From our experiences, we know it and have a deep sense of acceptance about how we all go about our lives. So, we know and feel that we have two broad processes that we use for communication. These two processes are not exclusive to humanity as many in animal kingdom also have. We humans have them hugely complex and well evolved and that is why they impact our lives in a big way. These two processes are �"

  1. Language �" It has been accepted that language is the big edge that humanity has, which stands us way above all other animals. This language is one huge element in overall idea and reality of consciousness and cognition. Most of us are unaware of the potential of the languages we speak and listen. Usually, we believe it is something meant for self communicating with others in external milieus. However, we do not usually feel and realize how deeply and decisively it affects our consciousness and cognition. We also seldom realize that the language we know and speak, we also use for internal communication. Often, our thoughts subconsciously ride on the language we have learnt to communicate with brain states.

Somehow, languages that we speak have a cyclical impact on our consciousness. We humans could develop a complex system of language and could speak with good ease because human brain could evolve to a stage where linguistic skills became possible. It is common feeling that our consciousness gets the depth and substance when we speak and express ourselves well with our spoken abilities. Linguistic experiences and memories are huge input of communication that evolves pathways in brain states and helps consciousness mature, enrich and empower.

It is to be noticed that linguistic skillfulness is a very potent communication platform for consciousness. Somehow, clarity, propriety and excellence of spoken and written language are key elements in ‘Content-Potentiality’ of consciousness and its cognitive brilliance. It is common knowledge that proficiencies of linguistic skills are directly related to overall personality magnificence and character impact. Also, poor and destabilized linguistic abilities may be correlated with confusion, chaos and conflict of personality. It is primarily because of the fact that linguistic skills are result of cooperative functions of different brain states in a complex synchrony and therefore, linguistic platform is associated with harmony and cooperating functionality of brain states. It is only natural that it has a direct correlation with quality and content maneuvering of consciousness. Linguistic status may well be accepted as indicator of entropy-expansion as well as potential of entropy-suppression.

Important it is here to mention that part of the linguistic platform is the skills of singing and all other arts. They are huge communication plexus and has lateral and vertical connect with language that we know and speak. Music, especially singing can be accepted as a huge interface between language, thoughts and emotions. Even instrumental music has the base structure of singing. We can say that music and singing as communication or expression platform preceded well before the advent of languages as they have active and deep-seated elements of thoughts and emotions. In classical Indian musical traditions, rendition of music, especially singing was considered the sole and most potent communication with self and divinity. Early singing tradition didn’t rely on words or language as it experimented with sounds of syllables and acoustics of primary sounds of voice. Music essentially was woven to and synced with feelings and emotions and was vehicle of expression of deep thoughtfulness of consciousness. Music and singing was associated with ‘navras’ (nine expressions) of human consciousness.

This we shall discuss later in detail but for simple hypothesis building, we can accept that music and singing is another level of language that consciousness uses for communication, largely for expression of realism within and on an intangible domain. Also, we can surely put dance in the same league of ‘communication’ structure as music and singing. All forms of dance traditions have had symmetry with acoustics and rhythm. No dance can be possible without the beat sound of fixed rhythm. Both song and dance preceded evolution of language and now both stand in complex symbiosis with linguistic structures of modern times.

For consciousness, music and dance are huge system of communication primarily because both song and dance engender brilliant intangibilities through tangible processes. This suits and syncs with the dualism of Consciousness, which itself is like a bridge between tangible and intangible. It is for everyone of us to see and accept that most of those people, who are great in music and dance have less entropic consciousness and usually have simple personalities, given to innocence of compassion. Compassion itself is the property of ‘Entropy-Suppression’.

There is a famous story about musicality. A world renowned musician was on his death bed and his closest disciple asked him what he considered as the best music of the world. The great musician answered, ‘The best music of the cosmos is the compassion in human heart’. This example is a suggestion that human communication potential is not in phonetics of syllables but the conscious emotion and thoughts that energize them.

  1. Thoughts �" Scientifically speaking, thoughts are the most complex realism that humanity still has to decipher in finality. We have primary idea that it is a property or function of holism, totality and entirety of a complex info processing plexus of over 100 billion nerve cells and trillions of neural connections called synapses. Thoughts have been defined as emergent and evolving value summation as response to multitude of influxing info from milieus within and outside a human body-mind structure. This suggests that thoughts are very much like consciousness itself. In fact, thoughts are so intrinsically and innately part of consciousness process that we can affirm that there is a complex cyclicality between thoughts and consciousness �" thoughts shaping up consciousness and consciousness in turn shaping or influencing thoughts. We have already said, thoughts almost always ride the vehicle of language we know and speak.

In human life-living, what baffle most to an average person are his or her thoughts. This equally baffles scientific community. It does not take a person to have knowledge of complex scientific facts to experience his or her own self and realize that thoughts often pop up so randomly and are so erratically mismatched to populist reality. This in a way makes thoughts a very crucial and critical platform of communication with self and others. It is again to be reiterated that thoughts have entropic roots, like consciousness and like consciousness; thoughts also require entropy-suppression for its effectiveness and optimality. In simple terms, we can say that people need to use the potential of thoughts as media and communication platforms by consciously introducing elements of logic, structure, factuality and verifiability. We need to ‘rein in’ the horses of thoughts so that all horses pull the cart in singular linearity for a journey to happen. In later chapters, we shall deal with the importance of ‘reining in’ of thoughts.

Now that we have zeroed in on two broad modes of communication, we can say with utmost conviction that for consciousness, the media and communication may look like it is an intangibility but we already know that these intangibilities are only the ‘Emergent and Evolving Property’ of a rather definitively tangible mechanism and processes. Consciousness is also a virtualism but its basic mechanism and process are the tangibility of two realism �"

1.      Neural processes that are electro-chemical signaling domain.

2.      Chemical processes of hormones working as messengers.

For purpose of basic scientific knowledge, we are told that body and mind communicate through the two media of neural electro-chemical plexus, spread throughout the body and chemical processes of hormones, reaching out, riding on blood streams to all parts of body. However, what is now subject matter of higher scientific exploration and scientific philosophization, is the ‘energy’ or ‘causality’ that makes the neurons and hormones work the way they do. This means, there are emerging knowledge about how the neural plexuses communicate with each other, how neurons fire and how there firing creates subconscious mind states, how an info is passed onto billions of other cells and trillions of synapses and how the ‘receptors’ of a given info or stimulus makes ‘sense’ out of them to create a real and true linearity of purpose. However, there still is no definitive finality on the core issue of the entire spectrum of ‘media’ playing out ‘communication’ for shaping up and engendering a reality for us.

Still, from varied and emerging facts about neural journeys and hormonal trajectories, we have a rather emergent hypothesis that even while neural and hormonal structures stand out as tangible and broadly algorithmic media, we have enough insight into brain-body complexities and many other realities to see and accept that the electro-chemical as well as chemical media are also innate and embedded ‘part’ of the ‘holism’ of consciousness. This means that the media of consciousness also have the same ‘Entropic and Emergent’ character and property that consciousness itself has. Therefore, the media is also randomized, given to heuristic expressions and impressionable to the same intangibilities and virtualism of ‘causalities’ that consciousness has.

This hypothesis makes us see and accept that how the ‘Media’ of neural plexus and hormones play out ‘Communication’ to our brain states and other receptors in our body to effect an optimal, streamlined and fruitful value-summation for actions and behavior is uncertain and given to unpredictability and randomization. It is therefore very clear that if our consciousness is in a state of high ‘entropy-expansion’ �" that is, if our consciousness is in a state of confusion, chaos and conflicts, the ‘media’ that ‘communicates’ with consciousness is also bound to have the same or probably more confusion, chaos and conflict. This unseen ‘causality’ between consciousness and its media is also true and real with media and society that we see almost daily. The media is not an external agency. It is rather very much part of the holism of society. Therefore, we can clearly see globally, in societies where sanity and symmetry of societal milieus are in disarray and dissipation, the media there �" institutional, social as well as personal, shall be insidious, chaotic, cacophonic and corruptible.

So, the core hypothesis that we are attempting to arrive at is, even while we all know and accept that in any milieu, be it our body, mind, family, society, nation, etc, it is so very important that we have the ‘Media’ that is objective, sanitized, reliable-responsible and singularly algorithmic, the stark and innate reality remains that the very nature and structure of ‘Media’ makes it naturally inclined to just the reverse of it. It is simply because of the fact that in the cosmos, in the external as well as internal milieus of we humans, everything is innately and intrinsically ‘part’ of the singular ‘holism’ and therefore, they are bound to be connected, linked and synced by a ‘causality’. Only very naturally, when a ‘part’ is affected, the ‘holism’ is bound to and the vice-versa. Importantly, when we have discussed in detail to arrive at this core hypothesis that as the ‘holism’ itself is entropic, emergent and heuristic, all ‘parts’ are bound to display the same characteristic in their individuality too.

Now, this core hypothesis leads us to the subsidiary hypothesis that we have already discussed over the chapter on consciousness. That is �" Consciousness is innately an expression of entropy-expansion and therefore, an empowered person needs to be in higher awareness mode to install conscious entropy-suppression for effecting optimality of sanity, symmetry and wellness in life-living situations. Similarly, the ‘Media’ and ‘Communication’ also requires the same mechanism of entropy-suppression to ensure its objectivity and logicality. This challenge is huge. We can say, in contemporary life-living and modern milieus, most personal as well as inter-personal troubles and conflicts emerge and sustain because of dystrophy and dissipation of our own ‘Media’ and ‘Communication’ system. We shall talk about that later in this book.

We started this book with the probability of a hypothesis that our own conscious self or ‘I’ can summon all other layers of consciousness, especially the subconscious and establish an audience with them. Then, there can be a successful communication with these layers over a specific target at hand and get it achieved. We also attempted to work on a possible hypothesis that there is a potent ‘media’ that pervades all layers of consciousness that we can effectively use to communicate with high optimality what we wish to achieve. Then, probably the whole system of body and mind responds singularly to the ‘wish’ and speeds up processes for its fruition.

There is a more popular version of this same hypothesis, which says, when you consciously opt out a probability that you dearly wish to happen and sustain, the entire cosmos conspires to direct and catalyze all elements to orchestrate and enterprise the finality of fruition of that probability. This suggests that there is a ‘generalized’ or ‘generic’ causality in nature or in natural state of milieus, which is randomized and not given to any ‘specific’ plan of action and behavior. However, when you choose a particular probability of a life-living situation, this ‘generic’ causality is handed over the energy of ‘specificity’ of causality. This then communicates every element present in the milieus internal and external to proceed and progress towards that avowed goal for its successful fruition. The million dollar question however remains as how this conscious communication happens? What makes it happen? How the ‘media’ can be managed to launch this ‘specific’ communication towards the avowed goal? What else this ‘generic’ media and communication otherwise do, when they are not doing this handed out ‘specific’ task by our conscious selves? This is what we are attempting to hypothesize in this book. We are proceeding step by step to make it as logical as possible, if not fool proof.

As we have moved step by step to other peripheral concepts that we needed to know, we can now unravel this core question, as we have the pulse on the media and communication. We have understood that by very nature of our own body-mind make up, we are given to 3Cs �" Confusion, Chaos and Conflict. Our consciousness itself is entropic. The sense of self, the ‘I’ is innately destabilized and abstracted. The media and communication that our body and mind has, being part of the holism of consciousness, also is innately abstracted and unspecific. However, we have discussed, this same consciousness, this very emergent intangibility of self or ‘I’ has inbuilt and embedded potential for higher consciousness �" a definitively aware sense of ‘I’ or self, which consciously puts in the process of entropy-suppression for sanity and wellness. Therefore, what we next have to discuss is the core question �" ‘How our higher conscious or aware self, our definitive sense of ‘I’ can successfully and effectively install and facilitate the critical mechanism and process of ‘Entropy-Suppression’?

**

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

CHAPTER 6

Before we pick up the question and discuss the idea of ‘Entropy-Suppression’, it is relevant here to mention a body-mind process that is an auto-mode media and communication, working for us at subconscious levels, which we are never aware of. This shall probably lead us to understand how we can use the media and communication at level of awareness of higher consciousness and what the challenges in effectively doing it are. This shall also answer to the question as what else this ‘generic’ media and communication otherwise do, when they are not doing this handed out ‘specific’ task by our conscious selves? This is important.

This ‘auto-mode’ media and communication process is known as Homeostasis. Contemporary scientific knowledge of body-mind mechanism and processes has begun to reiterate the structure and function of Homeostasis process in its broadest possible manifestations for overall wellness of we all. Globally, aware and empowered people are embracing the holism of Homeostasis process and making conscious efforts to practice the lifestyle choices that facilitate Homeostatic sanity.

We shall discuss the issue of Homeostasis in details in coming chapters to understand it in detail as why and how it is such an important aspect of life and living wellness. However, for now, we are only trying to refer to Homeostasis to arrive at the idea of how to use our own ‘media’ and ‘communication’ for our wellness.

Scientists maintain that ageing is 30 percent gene function and 70 percent lifestyle choices. This suggests, Homeostasis decides our wellness and life. Homeostasis is essentially a biological term but has utility and reference in all walks of life and living. Homeostasis is all about balance, poise, equability, equilibrium and what we have learnt since ages - the ‘Golden Mean’. In all our religious books, folklores, spiritual discourses, philosophies and societal wisdom talks, we can find the core concept of ‘balance’ and ‘poise’ in everything we perceive, accept and do. The poise and balance is surely not an external idea or a value that is alien to us. It is in fact what we have been designed for and is very much our central mechanism. We are endowed with it but seldom at it!

The human organism consists of trillions of cells all working together for the maintenance of the entire organism. While cells may perform very different functions, all the cells are quite similar in their metabolic requirements. Maintaining a constant internal environment with all that the cells need to survive (oxygen, glucose, mineral ions, waste removal, and so forth) is necessary for the well-being of individual cells and the well-being of the entire body. The varied processes by which the body regulates its internal environment are collectively referred to as Homeostasis.

Homeostasis in a general sense refers to stability, balance or equilibrium. It is the body's attempt to maintain a constant internal environment. Maintaining a stable internal environment requires constant monitoring and adjustments as conditions change. This constant adjusting of physiological systems within the body is called homeostatic regulation. This idea is similar to what we have discussed earlier. Body’s very natural process of working involves huge complexities of cooperative actions to get it going. The big challenge is to keep its working optimal and right even as we all move in and out of varied and complex milieus that constantly requires adjustments and course correction within body-mind systems. It is only natural that such huge and complex system-working engenders entropic outcomes. Therefore, Homeostasis is always challenged and needs specific regulations and adjustments.

The challenge for Homeostatic regulation is far more intense and complicated in contemporary societies and cultures as we have gone a long distance on the wrong path of lifestyle choices and milieu-sanity since ages. Moreover, the environment we live in is so much polluted, the food we eat is so unhealthy and lacking natural sanity, the lifestyle we lead is so full of excesses and extremities that together they all put us off this precious ‘balance’, miles apart. Most of modern degenerative diseases, also called ‘lifestyle-diseases’ are the result of this affected homeostasis of human body, living choices and external environment.

It is only very natural that the Homeostasis is troubled in contemporary times. Naturally, restoration process of poise and balance is also bigger challenge today. The equilibrium state has physical, emotional, psychological, spiritual and environmental dimensions. The body sure has an auto-process of restoration. Body-mind processes adjust to restore the individual to homeostatic equilibrium through a combination of physical, emotional, behavioral and psychological adjustments. This behavioral readjustment processes are known as Allostasis.

So, the simple point is, there is a constant subconscious ‘communication’ going on inside our body-mind, which is what Homeostasis is all about. Our subconscious self is using the same ‘media’ of neurons and hormones through subconscious communication through languages of physical, psychological, emotional, spiritual and inert thoughts. However, these processes are not felt or registered by conscious self as they are happening in subconscious domain of our consciousness.

What scientists and health guardians keep telling us is that our body’s subconscious, auto-mode or innate in-built mechanism for Allostatic processes for restoration of Homeostatic equilibrium is too stressed in contemporary times as body-mind system entropy has escalated to unprecedented heights. Therefore, we all have to ‘Consciously’ intervene in our own Homeostatic process and be aware about ‘Aware-Personal’ initiatives to help strengthen the Allostatic adjustments. And how we can do this? Yes, simply by consciously using the same media and communication plexus that our body-mind system has by installing aware personalized inputs so that our own auto-process of Allostatic routine is bolstered and Homeostasis is restored and sustained.

We simply have to be conscious at two levels �" first, be aware of the subconscious process of our internal media and what communication is going on and secondly, intervene consciously to correct and input new conscious communications so that the subconscious media is altered and managed to our desired goal of life and living. This means, we have to train ourselves to rise to the level of self-awareness where we can receive signals or communications from our subconscious body-mind layers about the emerging entropic conditions. And then, have the conscious initiatives of behavioral and thought adjustments to correct and restore the homeostasis.

It is important to mention here that our body-mind media is always in constant communication with our subconscious self. The neural or hormonal signals do express themselves in some physical ways or at least in emotional psychological ways. The consciousness at its highest levels of awareness has this ability to sense out the signals and realize about something wrong or troubled going on inside our body and mind. If we are in a state of peace, poise and receptive awareness mode, we can realize that the same media of neural and hormonal plexus communicates to subconscious state about a homeostatic crisis and it is communicated through same communication plexus of language, thoughts and emotions to our conscious self. However, as we do not have the required mind training to ‘sense out’ the communication, we fail to diagnose wrongs and troubles.

It is believed that human brain is so complex and it has such a structure of having a cooperative symmetry of different layers evolved in millions of years, it is a marvel of cosmos. Human brain has structures and functionalities that make it capable of sensing even small changes in homeostatic equilibrium. However, the trouble is that our body-mind media of neural and chemical plexus communicates through a language to our consciousness, which an individual has to master with persevered practice. The communication is happening all the time but our consciousness must be trained for deciphering it.

Since thousands of years, humanity has understood the need for a person to accept that the first duty we have is to be aware of ‘Why And How We Are What We Are’. Self-Awareness has always been considered a virtue that everyone should extend highest priority to. However, in contemporary milieus and cultures, average person is so little informed and aware about self and one’s own body-mind mechanisms and processes that he or she fails to sense out what his or her body-mind system is trying to communicate. Also, the constant flux of life-living never makes our consciousness to settle in for receptive-mode awareness.

In this book we are essentially trying to focus on a probable hypothesis that our body-mind media and its communication plexus is a potent two-way process. It probably can and does communicate current and evolving body-mind realism to consciousness and as a reverse process, our consciousness probably can and does communicate to our body-mind structures, using the same media platform of neural and hormonal plexus. The two-way communication structures are language, thoughts and emotions and every individual probably can use them to sense out troubles and also correct them.

It is here also relevant to mention about a newly emerging creditable science of Epigenetics. It is a fast emerging scientific process that is being experimented with so many other related ideas to work out a model of ‘Conscious-Enterprise’ for personal wellness and excellence. Epi-Genetics literally means something ‘above’ genetics. This is interesting because earlier, there was this popular scientific belief that we are basically a fixated genetic code and it cannot be changed. Epigenetics is a science that accepts that even though genetic structures remain the same, the way our genes express themselves can be altered by environmental factors. There is this related modern scientific concept of Neuroplasticity, which we shall detail later in this book.

Epigenetics now delve into aspects of behavioral and psychological elements of our consciousness that have power and ability to alter genetic expressions. Without going into details of its complex and serious scientific descriptions, what we wish to derive out of this new science of new millennium is that part, which we are discussing in this book. This relates to the strongly emerging hypothesis that our internal linguistic communication, thoughtfulness of aware self and guided emotions together can create a phenotype, which has the potential to alter the way our genetic structure expresses itself. Genetic expressions are very crucial to our wellness and excellence in the sense that our genes express themselves in two ways �" activate communication and suppress communication to cells. This in turn decides how our cells of different organs make relevant proteins that work to maintain our body-mind Homeostasis by initiating the Allostatic processes.

What we have to take out of this mention of Epigenetics science is a hypothesis that the primary ‘Media’ of genome and cellular plexus can be used by a ‘Conscious Communication’ to alter the content and intent of cellular expressions. Epigenetics primarily dealt with intervention by chemicals to alter the genetic expressions and cellular communication. However, recent expansion of researches is dealing with how emotional, psychological and thought milieus can affect the body’s own chemical communication to effect the neural-hormonal expressions for a specific change in body-mind homeostasis. We have outlined this idea of Epigenetics to open up our awareness towards this probability, which happens to be the core content of this book. I humbly suggest you to keep in touch with current and future advancements into researches in this field.

Now, we come down to the singular issue, for which this book has been initiated. We have come this far, talking about all those issues that help us hypothesize a probability that we can see and accept as ‘Conscious Enterprise’ to use the ‘Media’ and ‘Communication’ plexus of our body-mind to achieve whatever wellness and success goals we set for our life and living. So, we now have to zero down to basics of what possibly can be the ‘Mechanism’ and ‘Process’ of this ‘Conscious Enterprise’ of ‘Media-Management’ of Consciousness layers.

It may seem to us that from what we have discussed so far, it is very much clear that there is this media of electrochemical and chemical structures present in our bodies that have a wired process of communication, which we are not aware of as everything is happening in subconscious or unconscious layers. What we have to do is to be aware, be in higher conscious mind state and consciously input such physical, emotional, behavioral, thought and psychological elements that communicate to our subconscious mechanism the specific goal we wish to achieve. This is broadly what we said at the very start of the book.

That process is first to be aware as what probably is going on in subconscious state to understand where and what the troubles are. Then, consciously bring up the subconscious mind to an audience with conscious self and introduce the desired communication we wish for a specific goal. Then sustain this communication of ‘Conscious’ to ‘Subconscious’ in an intense mix of behavioral, emotional and physical signals so that the subconscious ‘Media’ owns this process and begins its wired ‘Communication’ plexus towards attainment of our desired goals. This broadly was what happened in all my four experiments that we have discussed at the start of this book. The conscious signaling had all the right mix of elements of physical language (Wordings of song), thoughts (connect to my departed father as savior), emotions (the wails and tears) and psychology (intangible mental state of painfulness and incapacitation). That probably together worked as right ‘Conscious-Enterprise’ to the ‘Media’ of my body-mind to unleash the communication for emergency situation, requiring immediate intervention of all possible Allostatic process to restore the missing Homeostasis of my body.

This process of body-mind ‘Media-management’ seems easy and also appropriately effective as it seems that the conscious self is doing nothing magical or mysterious but simply using the same and already existing system and network of auto-mode ‘Media’. It also may seem like the media is a piece of paper and there are already something written on it. The media is there and the communication etched on it is something the body-mind follows or enacts, accepting it as ‘Script’ of life and living. Then, the conscious self, the ‘Aware-I’ can bring up this piece of paper and use one’s own dark pen to write some lines on the paper so that the same ‘Media’ has a ‘modified’ or altered communication and the body-mind readjusts its enactments to the consciously introduced changes. However, it is not that simple and easy. Why? We shall elaborate that.

The easy part of the ‘Conscious-Enterprise’ of ‘Media-Management’ is probably the first step of summoning the subconscious for an audience with the conscious self or ‘Aware-I’. Globally, there are innumerable spiritual traditions that are popular with billions of people, which facilitate this audience. This is broadly the singular technique of what we know as ‘Meditation’. Meditation processes may have different physical and psychological techniques to bring the wavering ‘I’ to a higher conscious state. Some techniques focus on strengthening the higher consciousness whereas some reiterate on the importance of your conscious self summoning the subconscious domain to watch what’s happening there.

The classic Yoga meditation is probably the most evolved and holistic idea about conscious self being in linearity with not only other layers of self but also every element in the milieus inside and outside body and mind. Yoga is overall a rather holistic life-living concept but most people see and accept only the Meditation part in yoga. Yoga is much beyond meditation and exercises. The other meditation traditions of Oriental world Like Zen methods and Vipasna also restrict themselves to the art and science of conscious self focusing on all other layers of consciousness. As this is only the first step towards communication process with media of body and mind and therefore an easy attainment for an average person, millions of men and women in contemporary world are into meditation. The cardinal mistake and trouble with meditation spiritualism is that it takes us to a stage of ‘preparation’ for a certain journey but leaves us there.

Meditation is just preparing and being ready for some enterprise that is not easy and certainly not simple. First, one must know with utmost clarity as to why and for what he or she is preparing or readying by doing the meditation. Secondly, there should also be clarity on what it takes for the success of the next level enterprise �" that is what we have talked earlier. This enterprise is Media-Management of conscious communication for attaining specific goals of life and living. This enterprise requires persevered practice and pre-hand preparation of specific nature. We talk about it next.

**

 

 

CHAPTER 7

Do kindly allow me to tell you a true story. That shall help understand a few things. Way back, when computers had just begun to penetrate our work spaces, I was struggling with latest software that was introduced in media offices. I complained to my colleague, who was genius with computers and the software I was handling that I could not do a certain function. He looked at my efforts and said laughing, ‘You cannot do anything with computers if you do not first create the pathway for your commands’. Later in my life, I realized that this was true with all communications in all media. There is a specific and decisive ‘Pathway’ that must be at place so that the media could effectively launch and sustain a communication.

What I was trying that day was write something on the page that the software provided. My colleague told me to first create a text-box, which then could support my writing. So, clicking on the side menu bar for creating a text-box was the ‘Pathway’ that I was not creating first and therefore was unable to write anything. Later, when I had learnt computers well, my sister was the novice and she had the same trouble. She complained that she wanted to have some of her words she had written on Word file as bold letters but it was not happening even while she was clicking the bold option on the menu bar. She was also doing the same mistake. She had not created the required ‘Pathway’ in the media and therefore her ‘Communication’ to make a letter bold was not being heeded to. I told her to create the pathway by ‘Selecting’ or highlighting the specific word she wanted in bold letters and then click the bold option. She did it and the same irresponsive media launched the required communication within split second. She was happy as well as embarrassed that she could not do as simple a routine like selecting. But, it is not always simple. The pathways may at times be simple but without first having them at place the media we are using cannot do any communication. At other times, the pathways can be complex and also, the communication for desired attainments may not be as simple as clicking the bold option or text-box option on the side menu bar.

The media and communication we are talking about has similar challenges that a computer or specific software have but we are faced with far more tough challenge because we are dealing with body-mind and its hugely complex system as media and communication. The computer is one great marvel of algorithmic system with singular and replicable media and communication. However, our body-mind system is not algorithmic but highly heuristic. This media and communication of body-mind plexus as well as its pathways and commands are highly randomized and precariously placed. A computer’s entropic environment is very negligible as its algorithmic structures and functions are purely physical. Our body-mind media and communication structures and functionalities are highly entropic as they are majorly virtual, vectoral as well as emergent. Therefore, effective and appropriate media management and communication with consciousness is neither simple nor easy. It requires ‘Pre-Hand Preparation and Persevered Practice’ so that we have not only a definitive ‘Pathway’ for communication but also a deeply installed effective and optimal one. Next, we talk about how we can go about it.

As we now zero down to the core issue for which this book had to take shape, we need to keep in our minds two very basic things. That shall help us in not only understanding the issue at hand in facilitative holism but shall also make us efficient in handling our own media and communication. These two elements are �"

  1. Importance Of Facilitative Milieu: Any system works in a milieu and therefore automatically enters into a causality with it. We all know it very well that most systems around us, be it our body-mind, family system, socio-cultural system, nation-state system or work-place system, are stressed and work below optimality primarily because they are not operating in an environment that are facilitative. Rather, the milieus our systems operate in, themselves extend many pulls and pressures and are obstructive in many ways. For example, our body-mind system is designed for Homeostatic equilibrium and its Allostatic process to readjust things for attaining a disturbed equilibrium is also at place. But, as we all live in such polluted milieus, consume toxic stuffs and work in complex and conflicted spaces, etc, our system tends to get stressed. Scientists warn us that our body’s Homeostatic processes is not designed to handle air pollution or smoke we inhale and therefore there is no auto-process to reverse the damages inflicted by pollution and smoking.

Therefore, it is very natural for us that we have to take personal and very conscious initiatives to ensure that we have a facilitative milieu, not only external but primarily the internal milieu. The holism of classical Yogic Philosophy elaborates in details about ways to have facilitative internal as well as external milieus for attainment of poise and purpose. As we are discussing the intangible process of media and communication of our consciousness, we must accept that most of our conscious efforts and enterprises must focus on ensuring that either we have facilitative, or at least not a stressed and diastrophic internal milieu. No amount of conscious and qualitative communication with consciousness can work effectively with our body-mind media if our physical-mental-psychological milieus are not facilitative. This surely needs persevered practice and constant investing. This is also where most contemporary spiritual processes of healing and wellness fail as the populist demands for instant success and missionary insinuations eliminate the core process of milieu correction and sanity.

  1. Meaning Of Awareness: The word awareness is probably most un-understood and mis-understood word in human cultures. Most people take this rare and labored achievement for granted. Tell a person that he or she is not aware and they shall be angry at you. Everyone has this self-sustained belief that he or she is always aware. This is a misconception. Science has established that in our daily lives, we are aware only for few minutes at best, even while over 98 percent of our life-living is carried out in subconscious state. Science says, awareness or conscious sense is just a fleeting and ephemeral epiphany, which needs persevered practice for prolonging it.

Scientific studies reveal that over 90 percent of human population does not breathe the correct way! Why? Simply because we are not aware! Our body needs right breathing because we survive and excel on Oxygen. We all take breathing as taken for granted because it is an auto-process controlled by unconscious layers and monitored by subconscious layers of our brain states. That is primarily why most meditative processes begin by asking a person to focus on inhaling and exhaling of air through nostrils. It is however only a basic process to enter the ‘Door’ of conscious domain. One needs to journey deep inside and this breath watching alone cannot do. It requires more. Most people are happy doing aware breathing and think, they have hit finality!

The primary reality is that most processes inside our body-mind mechanism are subconscious and as they are ruled by an auto-process, a wired proposition, we do not need to bring things into aware and conscious domain. Being aware is a holistic notion, which entails having conscious and definitive registry of infinite processes and causalities that work inside us and outside in external milieus. It is the level of awareness that decides the potential of empowerment of a person. There is no limit to how much and to what extent we can be aware of as there are infinite causalities and processes going on inside and outside us. Awareness is a life-long learning and unlearning process. But it has a process too. We need to know that.

Awareness is a dialectical process. From our childhood, we are made to get exposed to different types of information and every new information that makes us aware of a realism, opens up a gateway to one or two level up of awareness. We learn the language first, then we get aware of poetry and later we get aware of how poetic excellence creates magic with self and consciousness. Therefore, awareness comes in steps and if we miss out on one or two steps of the ladder of information and knowledge, we cannot get to higher levels of awareness. This means, there cannot be a short-cut or easy route to awareness. Awareness is evolutionary mechanism. It requires continuity and perseverance of practice of the art.

Then, the most critical part of awareness process is its dialectical nature. We get to one level of awareness and that makes us stand on the door of dualism. Every next level of awareness requires that we learn something new of higher levels but at the same time also unlearn something that holds us back from moving up the ladder of awareness. For example, a child learns things in his or her life and becomes aware of the idea of divinity and religion that his or her family and current societal and cultural milieus extend. He or she follows it and keeps evolving. Surely, the next level of awareness requires that he or she unlearns his or her existing awareness about God and religion and use the higher levels of his or he awareness to present a logical critique, using his or her energy of skepticism to what he or she knows so far. If he or she is stuck with what he or she has already ‘known’, they cannot move up the ladder of awareness about divinity and religion because both the domains offer infinite conscious thoughts and emotions as we keep evolving to higher levels of awareness. Therefore, leaning and unlearning are equally critical in awareness evolution. As most spiritual traditions seldom stress on unlearning processes, the practitioners fail to rise to higher consciousness.

Third important aspect about awareness relates to the very crucial brain mechanism of ‘Recall’, ‘Relate’ and ‘Replicate’. All information that we have or we get exposed to is stored in brain states in the form of synapses. There is insufficient knowledge about how brain stores and processes information but we know that not everything we learn or get informed is available for later recall and replication. It is believed that brain has its own process of assigning value and worth to an information for the purpose of memory. Information or learning that is associated with conscious and aware inputting has better chances of future recall. Science accepts that there are definitive pathways created in brain states when it stores some information. Therefore, when we recall it later, the pathways need to be reactivated. Therefore, if the pathway is weak, faint and unrelated to already entrenched precedents of utility and worth of our brain states, the recall process is abstracted and our brain states either fails to replicate the information or in most cases, it virtualizes the information, churning out a poor copy of the stored information.

Therefore, it is very important that whatever information or learning we feel we shall need in future, we must be in higher state of awareness when assigning it to our brain states. Also, there must be definitive logic or emotional worth assigned to a stored info so that its pathways in brain states are deep and thick. Moreover, for better recall and optimality of replication of memory, we should also assign clear ‘relational’ element to it. For example, if I am undergoing an experience of meditation, I shall ensure that whatever feelings I am going through, I register them with high awareness. Also, I ensure that I repeat to myself time and again that this particular feeling was like something important in my earlier experiences so that I could relate to the feeling when I recall it later. Human brain accepts metaphors easily so I can say to myself, this sedate feeling of meditation was like sitting under the mango tree in my village home in hot summer day. As my mind consciousness has already created deep and thick pathways for my village experiences, because of earlier assigned emotional utility and worth to it, I have great ease in recalling and replicating my meditational experience awareness.

Scientific studies reveal that our subconscious brain states entrench communication and engender awareness in two broad ways. First stage is the first seven to eight years of early life of a child when he or she accepts all information from his or her parents, family, ambient socio-cultural-geographical milieus and this become his primary domain of awareness. That almost decides the destiny of the child as this ‘Pre-Consciousness’ awareness works as base benchmark to judge utility and worth of all later experiences and information. However, this primary awareness can be altered later when the child is adult and his or her consciousness has matured. This can be altered only by inputting a conscious element or information of learning and unlearning and repeating it time and again. Like, nobody is born with driving skills but as we enter adulthood, we practice for long how to drive a vehicle and later, this awareness of driving becomes a subconscious task. Later, when we achieve good driving skills, we do not even remember how we drive. But, such learning and awareness possession comes only through conscious inputting of the new desired awareness and continuously practicing it.

This is the primary hypothesis of newly emerging field of experiments in Epigenetics domain, which maintains that a person born poor shall not only remain poor for life but has more likelihood of fathering or mothering poor children. Why? Because the Epigenetics science says that poor people pass on the heretic genetic expression to their offspring and as the kids born to poor parents receive such early information from their parents and ambient socio-cultural-physical milieus that create and sustain ‘Causalities’ of poverty and deprivation that they too continue to be poor. This is just the reverse with kids born to rich parents.

The Epigenetic science however insists that this subconscious realism can be changed through linguistic, thoughtfulness, emotional and psychological inputs of our own ‘Conscious Self’ when we enter adulthood. It is the phenotype that can be changed and this in turn alters the early entrenched subconscious communication of our brain states and body functionality. So, the deprivation phenotype can be consciously altered by altering the communication to the body-mind media by ‘Conscious-Enterprise’. And, what it takes? It takes to alter the ‘Milieus’ by Conscious Awareness’. This is what we are talking about in holistic details.

So, what we underlined in above paragraphs is the importance and criticality of the twin factors of Milieus and Awareness, especially the later. Higher Consciousness is one of the most ‘traded’ idea in contemporary societies and cultures, where people in general are faced with confusion and conflicts of self or ‘I’. But, most spiritual and psychological traditions and systems shall never tell us about how difficult is this task of attaining higher consciousness as it requires a pre-requisite of long stint of awareness practice and background. They shall simplify things by offering a few fast-track meditation techniques that shall make you feel better for a while but shall not last. Simply because, very few people have the required level of ‘awareness-quotient’ and right facilitative milieus back at their homes and work place to sustain the ‘feel-good’ moments they had while meditating at a certain spiritual facility.

Therefore, before we begin the next chapter that lists out the ways to facilitate media-management and communication with consciousness, it is important to reiterate that consciousness and its mechanism is a complex process and they evolve in time. They dawn upon and become an operative reality for us only after we work long and hard to attain the eligibility of self or ‘I’. There is no short-cut and no easy way to have it and sustain it. But we all know, assets are not created overnight. Things that last with us are created in time and with persevered enterprise. And when we create such assets, they not only last lifelong but also prove to be great investments for further attainments of higher value and worth. Worth and utility never come easy. If something comes easy and quick, its ephemeral sustainability is definitive.

**

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

CHAPTER 8

As I have always maintained and here too I shall reiterate it that humanity has traversed a long journey, it has gone through untold challenges and has very wisely and successfully relied on its innate and evolved power of individual as well as collective experiences. Since ages, early humans could experiences troubles and also devise solutions. Why and how? It is simply because the problems and solutions are entwined realisms. If you have a problem, you already know it that solution is somewhere ‘Inherent and Embedded’ in the problem itself. The milieu around us presents some factors in an ‘arrangement’, which stand in our disadvantage, at a particular stage of our life positioning and we call the outcome of such an arrangement as a ‘problem’. Often, solution presents itself as some ‘alternative’ arrangement or placement of the same factors in such a way that they turn advantageous for us, hence qualifying as a ‘solution’.

This understanding about problems and solutions in so many areas of our life and living comes naturally to us because both exists within us and all we need is to be in such higher awareness that we could feel it, see it unraveling and decipher it. In long discussion of different aspects of life and living we have attempted to decipher that there are infinite ‘Causalities’ around us and within us. Why? It is because it is the way realism is designed. We all can feel the causalities because they are innate part of the holism of realism. It is the way this cosmic realism and all its microcosmic parts have been designed. Science has come a long way deciphering and then explaining to us about these causalities and the transcendental ‘Law Of Causality’ that pervades all realism, we see and accept or cannot see and accept.

Just because there is ‘Realism’, it is definitive that it shall have ‘Causalities’ and as there are realism and causalities, they are very much decipherable to anyone who has this well-earned eligibility of higher consciousness. It is possible to decipher ‘Causalities’ and then be aware of all problems and all solutions simply because we all are part of this same reality and causalities. The media and communication of these realism and causalities run through our own body-mind system. We are very much a ‘part’ of the ‘holism’ of cosmic realism and as our complex and long evolution has ensured, we ourselves have microcosmic system of these complexities to unravel them. It is different matter that gradually, science is arriving at the ‘Laws’ that govern the causalities but the causalities of realism were always there and shall remain there. Humanity deciphered them since thousands of years back and shall continue to realize them. Of course science helps us in our understanding but finally, our own conscious self has to realize them. Even science has to be internalized. Realism needs to ‘sink in’ and what sink in; stays.

The tragedy with humanity is that even when personal and collective experiences have been documented and passed on to generations, this knowledge of early humanity about consciousness, self-awareness and self-realization of ‘causalities’ about realism and their media and communication remained unpopular and not in mainstream collective thoughtfulness. This happened primarily because this higher awareness is not an automatic endowment and therefore remained restricted to a handful. Naturally, minority wisdom seldom shapes up as populist knowledge need. Thankfully, modern human population is gradually becoming more inclined to scientific temper and objective orientation. Therefore, new millennium humanity is getting more exposed to what science is now throwing up in mainstream space.

What we are going to talk in this chapter is also something realized and well documented by early humanity but remained relegated, only to be brought into mainstream by modern science. We shall talk now about the ways to facilitate the launch of a ‘Conscious Enterprise’ to use the ‘Media’ and ‘Communication’ plexus of our body-mind to achieve whatever wellness and success goals we consciously set for our life and living. We shall discuss in detail about how we can facilitate the shaping up of our Higher Consciousness, which has the mastery of artistry to not only receive and decipher the subconscious media and its communication very effectively but also unleash a conscious communication, using the same media to attain whatever goal of life-living about wellness and excellence we decide for ourselves.

There are three aspects to it. We discuss them in detail with as much simplicity as may be possible, even while they remain complex issues �"

  1. System Economics �" Every system has singular, basic and broad mechanism and process. That is an ‘Input-Output’ causality. This is fundamental economics that is the core critical operative principle of all systems. There is a ‘Demand’ side that may well be deemed as energy of initiation of an enterprise and very naturally, it engenders a causality of ‘Supply’ side. Most systems work on the demand-supply causality. The causalities may be complex or simple but there shall always be some ‘Cyclicality’ between the two elements of demand and supply. We all know this simple economics. We just need to extend it in its holism in all aspects of life-living.

We have discussed it earlier and we also know by our own experience that any system that is more complex and diverse shall naturally have better optimality and excellence. However, more complex a system becomes, higher is its entropy. It is all about how simple and less stressed is a system that shall ensure less chances of it going awry. This has a simple rule �" if there is higher demand on the system for performance and productivity, there shall be more complexities involved to ensure the quantity and quality of supply. Naturally, high system demand puts pressure on supply requisites, requiring systems to gradually grow complex and diversified. This in turn shall generate innate and entrenched propensities for entropy.

From our experiences we all know how every system in our milieus have become hugely complex, diversified and multi-faceted because of high demand pressure for supplies. Thanks to the unmanageable population and its demands for ‘Good Life’. Naturally, most systems are stressed and this innately unleashes entropic elements of 3Cs �" Confusion, Conflict and Chaos. All human systems, be it personal, familial, societal, cultural, political, economic or spiritual; has now become complex and stressed because of over-performance and higher optimality. This is because of ever-enhancing demand pressure, requiring increased supply optimality. The entropy has to increase proportionately as system excellence for enhanced performance goes up beyond a certain point of criticality. As is common in most system, there always are planned backups and support systems for higher optimality of performance but very few systems have strong structures with functional excellence to restore and rehabilitate the destabilizations and diastrophic situations caused by compounding entropy.

We can understand these aspects by carefully and patiently looking at our own body-mind system. We are wired for a reactionary consciousness that is guided primarily by reward and punishment sentiments. We always wish to feel rewarded and avoid punishment. This is simple demand-supply economics. Our wishes are demands on our body-mind system and if we are supplied with optimal quantity and quality of what we wished, we feel rewarded and happy. If the supplies are not commensurate, we feel punished and irritated. A child is usually happy because his or her demands are simple and few. However, deny a toy demand to a kid and he or she shall be instantly irritated.

This reward-punishment causality or what we can accept as demand-supply relationship is cardinal to our general wellness; we are designed this way. This becomes more complex and varied as we grow and mature. Our demands get diversified and complex and it is only natural that in a physical milieu, where humans have become many many times more than what our dwindling resources can support, there is always huge competitiveness for supply availability. The growing gap in demand and supply is bound to enhance system entropy and hence our growing irritation and conflicts.

Scientists have been studying the very disastrous entropic symptoms of depression in global population, irrespective of geography. It is believed that over 75 percent of global population are or have been in and out of either short-term or long-term depression. Science maintains that depression is basic entropic symptom of a stressed system, where the demand side has been putting pressure on disproportionate supplies. This ‘gap’ may be cognitive but it matters as for most practical purpose, ‘Perception Is Reality’ for a subjective self. In researches, it has been found that most lonely and depressed people complained that they loved and cared people but they were not getting back the same. It is a deficit, which may well be real but often, its perception is also disproportionate!

The ancient spiritual system in Oriental world stressed on simple and minimalist living so that there is less pressure on demand side and therefore, less propensity of consciousness for entropic feelings, assuming that supply side is always less than demand. In Yogic philosophy there is detailed explanation of mechanisms to describe how demand-supply gap is the core trouble for human consciousness and therefore, every person and society in general must have demand-moderation. The modern psychological perspective also mentions about the KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) principle to have better poise and sanity in personal and well as societal life and living.

However, we in the new millennium have to be more aware and better endowed to handle this all. When we talk about ‘Conscious-Enterprise’, we surely do not accept to stand in deniability of the cardinal principle of an enterprise �" that is maximization-optimization of proceeds of labor and investment. As a conscious person, we surely do not have to accept the classical position that ‘A System Low In Demand Is The Best Option’. Why? Because, our proposition is optimization of wellness and there cannot be optimization if we insist on ‘Low Demand’ causality of our life-living enterprise. We would rather work out a holistic model of ‘Conscious-Enterprise’ that weighs up and factors in every possible element and design and devise such a model of communication to our consciousness that shall be all-weather optimization mechanism. We would rather accept ‘Demand-Supply-Sanity’ and discretionary control over all production processes of the system, instead of a perpetual ‘Low-Demand’ system.

As we have already talked about, not only our body-mind system, consciousness and milieus but every system out there is a randomized reality. Our body-mind homeostasis is always in different capacities, the milieus we live in may stand sometimes in our favor and sometimes against us and we cannot do much about it. Also, our consciousness may also be in different states. Therefore, what our conscious self shall do is first assess what is the current status of our body-mind system? How much demand pressure it can safely accept? How is the current milieus, suitable or not for a particular demand? Also, how are the elements that affect or shape up supplies? Are they favorable or not?

The simple plan is to have a very aware and consciously logical and objective assessment of all possible elements that form the ‘Causality’ of a systemic process. If things are favorable for system optimality, it shall be stupid of us to opt for ‘Low Demand’. That itself have entropic outcome on our consciousness. Therefore, what we are proposing is that we need to be very aware to assess with high objectivity and logicality the system-readiness and then suitably decide what to communicate to our consciousness so that we could attain the best possible optimum output.

For example, suppose I have a close friend with whom I am having troubles. I am feeling offended and even outraged at times because I feel that he is not understanding and accepting my viewpoint and position. Also, I feel he is being reactionary and unnecessarily critical of my behavior-action for him. There may well be other conflicting issues between me and him. So, what I do? What I communicate to my conscious self so that situation could stop going to worse and amicability and understanding could be restored. This is a very common situation for most of us. We all know, vast majority of literature, be it poetry or prose, has been ascribed to this primary human causality that we often have most conflicts and confusion with those whom we love most and find closest to our lives. So, what we should do, ideally?

This is the situation, where troubles start and deepen because very often, close relationships and their interactions become a routine of our subconscious selves and they get carried out without we seldom consciously assessing them and presiding over their optimality questions. What we need to do is apply the principles we have discussed so far in this book. That we list here step by step.

The first thing to do is to sit back, relax and ensure that consciously, you segregate two layers of your consciousness. You summon your ‘subconscious’ to stand a trial but not before you ensure that your ‘conscious’ self is in the mode of an objective, logical and impartial ‘Judge’. This we ensure by ensuring that we have practiced enough hours of relaxed, calmed and inward reflections. The simple idea is that we realize that there were troubles in relationships because our subconscious brain states went on judging things from a ‘Media’ that probably engendered ‘inappropriate’ communication. So, we consciously change the ‘Media’ to alter and then present a fresh communication.

How we do it. We all know our neural plexus fires (connects to other neuron) in different frequencies and at the root of all our thoughts, emotions and subconscious attitude is this neural communication. Somehow, these neural firings are auto-process ‘Media’ and ‘Communication’ structures. They decide our internal thought-emotion milieu without we ever consciously being aware. The neural electrical pulses have different frequencies depending on the levels of activity the body-brain has to do.

So usually, when relationships issues confront me, my subconscious mind naturally becomes over-active; a precedent of ‘reactionary milieu’ already being there, beta waves take over, deciding my behavior and emotions. So, very consciously, I have to relax and stabilize myself to ensure that I am in conscious mind state where my brain waves are in lower Theta or Delta frequencies. These frequencies are non-reactive, receptive, analytical and amenable to reflective mode. This brain wave change comes through calm and consciously thoughtful process, which we may call meditation but it is just a conscious choice.

Secondly, when I ensure that I am in an ideal internal milieu, where my body-brain ‘Media’ is suitable for a reflective and analytical behavior, I begin with me and use a logical communication with my subconscious self, asking tough questions, whether my own behavior and actions are true, right and appropriate towards the person I have trouble with? This is never easy as always, subconscious self is prompt and prejudiced to present an advocacy and witnesses for ‘Self-Acquittal’. Therefore, I have to rely on a witness that is another objective person, who has seen me communicating with the person I have troubles with.

Then, after I have got sense of what probably I am doing wrong, I communicate with my subconscious self to suitably alter it next time onwards. I also practice this resolve many times so that new communication to my subconscious state is deep and thick. After that, I begin to assess whether the current physical, psychological and emotional milieu between me and that person I have troubles with is entropic or facilitative. We all know, between two people in relationship, there is an intangible psychological and emotional milieu that keeps changing in time and space. Our subconscious however does not always update these changes and seldom alters the behavior-action suitably. This only our conscious self can do for us. Therefore, I very logically and with high conscious content of compassion in my internal emotional space, assess the current psychological and emotional milieu between me and that person. This is the ‘media’ and if the media is entropic, it is only natural that my communication with him is also embedded with confusion, conflict and chaos.

Apart from this media, there is another dimension to the media, which is the internal psychological and emotional subconscious state of the person I have troubles with. I also have to very objectively and compassionately assess whether that person is settled in his life-living situations or is he going through some troubles �" physically, psychologically and emotionally.

After conscious assessments of all possible ‘Causalities’ that stand between me and that person, I accept a situation logically and objectively about how is the current ‘Media’ around and between me and him and then suitably decide on an altered ‘Communication’ that shall help restore amicability and poise with him.

This is simple Homeostasis challenge and requirement of an Allostatic process to restore equilibrium. So, I may decide and suitably communicate to my subconscious mind that the current media between me and him is already entropic and as nothing concrete can be done in immediate time and space, I should consciously lower the ‘Level of Engagement’ with the person I have troubles with and wait compassionately for a time and space when the entropy level comes down and the milieu is right for engagement of fresh communication. This communication I shall repeat to my subconscious mind time and again in different ways of language, emotions and thoughtfulness so that my subconscious is communicated well about my new realism.

This is a broad way we have discussed here. Every person may decide on different modes of this process but the core idea is to have conscious awareness of all possible ‘Causalities’ about the current ‘Media’ and ‘Communication’ so that an altered new communication could be consciously and successfully launched to attain optimal wellness and excellence in our life-living. There is definitely no fixed position about a preferred choice of ‘Media’. There is always ‘suitability’ factor. A reactionary media is equally useful as is a thoughtful and relaxed media. It depends on task at hand. Similarly, it is not that entropy-expansive media is always bad and entropy-suppressive media is always good. If I have to take a decision about a key issue in life that requires definitive action, I have to rely on entropy-suppressive media because my decision must be logical and objective. However, if I am in love or I require to show my compassionate self or experience higher epiphany virtualism, I sure need to call upon my entropy-expansive media to lead my conscious communication.

It must be kept in mind that an empowered person shall practice consistently to swiftly and effectively switch over from one media to another. That requires repeated practice of differentiated communication in different suitability. However, in the ultimate analysis, we can say with definitive assurance that ideal it is to have a poise and equilibrium between demand and supply of our consciousness system but, this is tough in contemporary milieus. Therefore, it seems advisable that we consciously remain in a consciousness system that is relatively ‘Low In Demand’ so that our system as well as milieus are not stressed. It is for every individual to consciously assess and decide what it takes to have a ‘Low In Demand’ system. It is discretionary as different persons can have different capacity for systemic stress.

Also, equally crucial aspect of system-sanity, which classical spiritualism has insisted and detailed in length, is the idea of ‘Self-Supply’. Thousands of years back, it was realized by humanity, which modern science confirms, that ‘Nothing Exists Outside Self And Nothing Outside Self Has Any Meaning, Utility And Worth’. This suggests, when this very conscious self, the ‘Aware-I’ has all elements of utility and worth, it is the best supplier of most happiness and wellness cognitions. Therefore, the higher consciousness has the task of not only opting for a conscious system ‘Low In Demand’ but also ‘Be The Supply’. Here comes the role of cognitive changes. Here comes the utility of the artistry of music, dance and artfulness. Here comes the worth of love and compassion in hearts. They all help in ‘Be The Supply’ artistry of consciousness.

  1. Specificity Optimality �" This aspect of media and communication is tough to explain and tougher to understand. What we mean by optimality of specificity relates to two aspects of media and communication. First, there has to be clarity and exactness (specificity) in conscious selection of right and appropriate media for specific communication. So, if I have to arrive at a conclusion about a decision in my life, which requires logic and reason, I have to ensure that my media or other person’s media, to whom I have to communicate, is equally attuned to logicality and reason. Therefore, if I am emotionally unsettled at any point of life and I am trying to reason out a decision, requiring objectivity, logic and reason, I am bound to fail as there is apparent conflict and contradiction between my media and communication because of missing specificity (exactness).

Secondly, the communication itself needs to have clarity and exactness. Even if my media is in sync with mood and modality of my communication to my consciousness, if I am not inputting exact and pinpointed communication to the media, I shall only get abstracted and confused output. As we had discussed earlier, the computer requires that we select the right pathway but we must also select the right command for computer to do the required task. This exactness of communication is tough task. It has got to do with how we have learnt our languages with good depth and command, how from early childhood we have managed our emotions well and how we have managed our thoughtfulness to exact needs.

Globally, there seems a common trend everywhere that communication clarity and exactness has been eroded and there is growing abstractness and waywardness in communication �" both internal as well as external. Much of the blame for this muddled up communication exactness goes to emotional instabilities of average person and little practice of self-introspection. Average person in contemporary cultures and milieus has lost touch with the brilliant human ability and artistry of ‘self-dialogue’. In ancient Oriental spiritual traditions, there is great stress on continuous and persevered self-investigation and self-enquiry. These are essentially aimed at honing the skills of communication with self.

To make the idea of optimality of specificity in communication clear and also to emphasize its importance in life-living wellness and success, I share a true story with you. Few months back, a dear friend of mine shared with me an idea and he insisted that I do research on this issue. The issue was that in his long list of acquaintances, friends and relatives, there were large numbers of families that had only single child, be it a girl or boy. There was a growing feeling among them that there single grown up offspring did not seem sensitive enough towards their emotional and other needs and therefore, there is a common overriding wish that these families must work together to evolve and create a support structure in coming years so that they are independent and self-sufficient in their old age. My dear friend wanted me to do a research on what’s going on around the world and how we can go about it.

Not to my amazement, I found a clear global trend and commonality of causality, when I researched over this issue. Almost in most developed country, there is around 10-15 percent families with single offspring and globally, there was a fast emerging complaint among many families, be it with single child or many children that the parents felt a growing gap between them and their offspring. There were common emotional issues and conflicts of assumptions were on both sides. I wish to share my findings that may help us understand how critical the issue of exactness of ‘communication’ is.

First, there was no clarity on both sides about the specificity (exactness) of the trouble between parents and the offspring. Rather, the entire stress factor between the two had very abstracted situation and acceptance. Is there a dignity issue at hand? Are offspring treating parents badly? Are they abusive? The research seems to suggest, there is no definitiveness to it. For example, an old lady living alone complained that she was very upset with her daughter because when she came to her house on a vacation or otherwise, the daughter would check her food packets and confront her mother as why she was eating this and why she was still stacking the spices that were well past expiry date, etc. The old mother felt this as intrusive behavior and though she may not take it as a ‘dignity’ issue, she still was ruffled up by her daughter entering her space and trying to order her. The daughter on the other side felt she was doing the right things as she was concerned about her mother’s wellbeing. Now, there is no data available as which way she was telling her mother about what she was telling. There are innumerable such examples where both parents and offspring would stand to appear as both are right and genuine in their feelings, yet, trouble pervaded their relationships.

So, broadly, what is the specificity-trouble in this issue of parent-offspring communication crisis? It is very clear, if we see the broad picture. The primary issue is that two people are having a crisis in relationship, where the root of trouble is that there is a gap of ‘perceptions’. Only in few rare cases, there is an element of dignity as abusive behavior between two are not the rule. The majority cases have communication collapse or abstraction. The parents are probably not receiving the perception and perspective of offspring and the vice-versa. Both sides have right and wrong in their perceptions and perspectives. Usually, both sides have the problem of gap between ‘Media’ and ‘Communication’, which we have discussed earlier. Like, children are not sensitive to the reality that parents may not be logical about their right and true wellness concerns towards them as they may be emotionally instable. The parents may also be insensitive to the fact that the grown up child has moved away and may have his or her own emotional crisis about how he or she can handle parents’ safety and wellness. May be, both sides have emotional ‘Media’ and they are attempting a ‘Logical’ communication through it and naturally, abstractions creep in and specificity (exactness) is missing by huge margins.

So, what is the trouble? The trouble is; the specificity or exactness of the situation demands that both sides sit together and discuss ways to improve communication and weed out elements of distrust and abstraction about it between them. However, what parents are doing is focusing on how to get rid of this crisis by devising a ‘disconnect’. They are not focusing on root of trouble but the inverse of it by planning to be ‘independent’ of offspring. The offspring are also not focusing on how to alter communication so that their concerns of safety and distant-care perspectives are understood in right spirit by parents. Rather, they are also planning to fill in more vacuum with their parents by ‘providing’ but not ‘intervening’. So, the outcome is growing gap between the two sides.

The same situation happens with internal communication within an individual too. Like in my case, as I had mentioned at the start of the book, I was in high fever and incapacitation but I was not thinking about the body situation. Rather, I was more worried about the success in my office event that was slated three days ahead. Therefore, my own media required my conscious self to focus my communication about the fever and pain but I was communicating my media signals about my worries about success in office event.

I must share with you a classical example of this conscious-subconscious gap and conflict, which is global in nature and intent. This shall help understand why specificity or exactness is so critical in media and communication optimality. It is widely accepted by most scientific thinking that working actionable structure of brain states is subconscious layer. The conscious states may opt for a decision but it is only intangible. The decision in mind always has to be converted into definitive action and for that only the subconscious has tangible structures. Therefore, there must be very specific linearity between conscious and subconscious about a situation. If not, abstractions shall creep in and hypocrisies shall usurp domain.

This is primary reason that globally, average person shall almost always mouth good and lofty ideals and words. This happens because in almost all cultures, goodness and righteousness is common. Therefore, it is always easy and prompt for anyone to think right and mouth most appropriate words. However, most people shall seldom do the same good and right thing. That is why ‘hypocrisy’ is the greatest malaise of human world. Our conscious self shall usually think great things but as it seldom is made to stand in sync and symmetry with subconscious, which carries the commensurate ‘action’, most of us seldom carry out the same and exact righteousness that we think. Hypocrisy is entropic situation of conscious-subconscious gap.

Globally, we have witnessed that in most nations, there is a gap between what the political leadership ‘thinks’ and what bureaucracy ‘carries’. The visions or righteous ‘intent’ of ‘decision-makers’ or law-makers are usually good and right. The policy-frameworks probably cannot be wrong and bad as they are guided by constitutions of nations. However, only the bureaucracy can carry this intent into actionable work. There is clear divide between two pillars of governance. It is very rare that decision-makers take into full confidence the bureaucracy and it is equally rare that bureaucracy stand in full cooperation with law-makers. This is akin to gap between conscious and subconscious �" the ‘thinking’ and ‘acting’ layers seldom being on one page. Naturally, most nations, especially developing nations have low optimality of their governance systems. In contemporary times, it is rather tragic that politicians and bureaucracy has even come to open fights and abuses. The level of distrust and anger against each other is calamitously high. This crisis of governance has been widely documented by intellectuals of society time and again but still, no concrete measures are taken by governments to work on improved symmetry and synergy between two key layers of governance.

Therefore, the primary specificity (exactness) is to have both our subconscious and conscious in singular and present linearity. This ensures that entire consciousness system is in singular media to receive and execute appropriate communication. This requires practice. In contemporary world of fast paced life and multi-tasking demands, often, two domains of consciousness are usually in competing and conflicting platforms. Secondly, be very aware of the character of communication so that an appropriate media is consciously chosen for it. Third, the communication itself has to be very specific, sans emotional abstractions. Lastly, the communication has to be sustained and repeated so that conscious communication is etched deeply and decisively on the subconscious structures. As we have discussed above, even as a decision for action is taken on conscious levels, it shall have to be translated to existing subconscious plexus and pathways for finality of action. That is why we earlier insisted on good practice of language, emotions and thoughts as communication tools. This ensures that subconscious already has deep pathways for exactness of our communication signals for effective recall and replication.

  1. Mortality Of ‘I’ �" This aspect is related with higher consciousness, which dates back to almost 3000 years back and has been well documented in texts of ancient Oriental spiritual traditions. We however shall talk about it in scientific terms, elaborating its importance in ‘Conscious-Enterprise’ of ‘Media-Management’ for Wellness-Communication. This realism of higher consciousness has been the cardinal matter of most spiritual traditions and now it has caught scientific imagination. Why? Because, this realism is a tough attainment for a person on one hand but singular platform for idealism of management of body-mind media and specificity of communication to attain highest goals of wellness and success of excellence.

I am attempting to present a short explanation of this element of �"I-Mortality’ of higher consciousness here and shall elaborate it in details in later chapters for deeper understanding. Here I confine the explanation of this element in relation to media and communication aspect only. Though, the issue has deeper significance, which we shall discuss later.

In our discussion over the realism of consciousness, we have talked about how it has different layers of unconscious, subconscious, conscious and higher consciousness. We have also accepted that all layers are part expressions of the singular holism of consciousness and they exist in cooperative entanglement bound by causalities. Therefore, it is very tough to have a defined clear cut divide between our conscious and subconscious. However, when we say that our conscious self must be aware enough to have an audience with subconscious and then communicate with it, we presuppose that the two layers can stand segregated. But this is never possible.

This is what presents as big challenge for us. Both spiritualism and science accept that ‘Objectivity’ is an impossibility for we humans as even when we stand in utmost higher consciousness, there shall always be grains of subconscious and unconscious entrenched in it. The causalities between these layers shall remain ingrained. It is like; the ‘objectivity’ itself can be seen, realized and deciphered by none other but our own ‘subjective’ self. Naturally, subjective sense cannot fully be detached and segregated from any objectivity enterprise. It is here this ‘I-Mortality’ element of higher consciousness helps attain optimality.

The basic premise is that usually, a person is a subjective expression of his or her own body-mind milieus and the media of his or her memories of experiences. It is because of the very nature of evolution of consciousness, which we have already discussed. This subjective expression, this sense of me or ‘I’, as unique and differentiated to all others is a property of ‘Entropy-Expansion’ that essentially is the way we have been designed. However, for logical, objective and reasoned out thoughts, beliefs, emotions and behavior, we all have to undergo a process of ‘Entropy-Suppression’, as we grow, mature and as our media and communication pathways have enough critical mass of experiences.

However, this entropy-suppression is no segregated function. The higher consciousness or what we understand as higher awareness; has to do it but it is very much an inseparable ‘part’ of the ‘holism’ of consciousness. In other words, it is the ‘I’ that checks and controls the stupidities and conflict-confusion of ‘I’. This is the dualism that is defining property of our consciousness and it is not easy to get over it. But the fact remains that empowerment is not possible if we do not rise above the dualism and master the artistry of our higher consciousness, which itself is only ‘part’ of our singular consciousness, managing and optimizing other parts.

We shall elaborate this dualism in later chapters but here our task at hand is to explain as how ‘I-Mortality’ element can help us rise above this dualism. There is a simple explanation that classical spiritualism provided, which shall help us understand the core process, even while we have all the reasons to believe that it stands on some hypothesis, which may not be tenable today. The classical spiritualism accepted that body is mortal and consciousness is immortal. The body, which is just the media of all ‘Karma’ has a ‘Lord’ and this is our consciousness, which is transcendental and immortal. This is classical body-soul segregation.

What we take from it is that it is this primary reality of mortality that is biggest subconscious tool for rising above the dualism. We do not have to accept this classical hypothesis of consciousness (soul) being immortal and re-installable in another birth. We are not concerned about it here. What we take out of this is that mortality is a subconscious wiring, which is an entrenched facility for consciousness to build a successful enterprise on. Our body is discontinuous and mortal is always in subconscious awareness, whatever we do. It is a reality that cannot be wished away. However, what soul-hypothesis facilitates for us is segregation of two parts and making them distinct. This helps us rise above dualism.

We all need to consciously take out his mortality element from subconscious and install it in our conscious mind states. As we practice enough and successfully pervade our higher consciousness with this central and cardinal realism that our body, the so-called protagonist is only a temporary media, we facilitate greater objectivity. The very pervaded consciousness that our body-mind is mortal, segregates ‘us’ from it. As we practice it, we shall feel that there is a growing ‘detachment’ of conscious self from our body-mind media. This happens because we cannot happily accept that ‘I’ can wither away. Gradually, there is a higher consciousness cover that makes us feel that the Real ‘I’ is not our body-mind and this media is only temporary and therefore inferior. Our subconscious is designed to never accept discontinuity of self or ‘I’. Therefore, conscious acceptance of mortality shall gradually make us detach from our body-mind media. This is what facilitates a consciousness position, which classical spiritualism called ‘Witness-I’ and science refers to as ‘Non-Local Consciousness’.

What we are trying to hypothesize that this element of conscious mortality facilitates a consciousness, which stands as continuous ‘Witness’ to whatever our mortal and wavering body-mind media is doing. His happens because our higher consciousness is able to ‘detach’ itself in a long way with body-mind subconscious media and communication as it cannot accept something that is mortal and discontinuous as part of self or ‘I’. So, what the higher consciousness is able to do by pervading the ‘I-mortality’ realism throughout its awareness plexus is attain this segregated ‘Witness-I’ consciousness. This in turn facilitates a better objectivity and logicality. When a ‘Detached-I’ is standing above as witness to everything the subconscious and mortal body-mind media is doing, this protagonist is better placed to have higher objectivity, logicality and reasoned assessments. This is the idealism we all must have because then only we can launch a ‘Conscious-Enterprise’ Of ‘I-Media Management’ For Life-Living Wellness and Excellence.

As we come to conclude the talk about consciousness, its media and communication, we can sum up this long discussion into a small wisdom. This wisdom has three simple points that we need to remember �"

  1. Our body-mind has a mechanism and process. Science has unraveled good bit of it and evolving the knowledge every day. We all must be fully aware about them and keep updated so that we have a consciousness, which is more objective, logical and singularly in sync with all others. Consciousness is at the core of all cognitions and therefore, we must have deep knowledge of the holism of the idea of consciousness.
  2. There are unseen and embedded rules of causalities that are infinite. Every realism is a function of some causality and therefore, to have a better understanding of reality, we need to understand as much causalities as possible. On this depends our wellness and excellence.
  3. All causalities that create a realism are function of some form of communication. Every particle of the cosmos is in communication with other and this plexus of communication shapes up reality. It is only natural that a communication must have media. Every empowered person therefore should ideally be consciously aware of media and communication within self and outside.

We have discussed consciousness and causality in this book to understand the idea of media and communication. In the next part of the book, there are chapters about those issues, which we encountered in course of earlier chapters, about which I had said we shall discuss later. These chapters are optional but recommended so that you could have more detailed understanding of what we have discussed so far. As we were focused on the core element of media and communication, I had consciously chosen not to divert our attention away from it by going into these topics. As you shall read them, you can relate them to the media and communication aspect of our discussion.

Thanks for patiently being with me this far. Wish you all best in live and living. May you all have more empowered consciousness and great success in handling your media well with excellent and specific communication to attain whatever life-living wellness and success goals you have consciously chosen for you. Thanks!

****

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

PART TWO

 

CHAPTER 1

Understanding Consciousness In Detail

Science maintains that the conscious feeling that we all have is primarily because we have an evolved and matured process of storing experiences as memories, with a definitive sense of we as our bodies present in all such memories. These memories in which the subject is definitively our own body, creates a sense of self-awareness in our brains. This we refer to as knowledge. This needs to be understood very carefully. Knowledge is not information, our sensory organs collect and pass on to our brains for processing. Knowledge is the ‘processed’ info as physical imagery in brains, which goes through the filters of mind’s memories of experiences, instinctive inclinations as well as those collective experiences, passed onto us from our ambient culture.

We have awareness that ‘we’ are experiencing something. We also have memories of other experiences of our past. More importantly, we have a definitive and exclusive mental facility of recalling, relating and collating all past imageries of experiences and imagining a novel imagery of possible model action and behavior for future. This facility of intra-polation and extra-polation of imageries in our knowledge inventory has been a decisive tool with us, helping humans produce brilliant solutions of innumerable troubles and problems. However, we need to accept the fact that this facility itself also doubles up as a major trouble for us. Imagining and extrapolating singular and objective real facts can lead to tested and replicable solutions but in situations, when the collated facts are virtual, subjective and mystical, solutions arrived at shall be subjective, untenable and non-replicable. We can design futuristic spacecrafts as we collate and juxtapose objective, tested and replicable facts of aerodynamics and navigation. However, we fail to create futuristic solutions to our emotional and psychological troubles, like those in the realm of love, faith, culture etc, as we collate only subjective, virtual and non-replicable facts. This we have to be wary of and change our attitudes and perspectives to use our consciousnesses for attaining the objectivity and singularity of decision-making matrices.

Also, the ‘knowledge’ ascribed to and installed in subconscious for all future references of experiences are in a way cause of trouble too. This makes the case that our higher consciousness must be equipped with aware requirement of ‘Unlearning’ for continuous updating. Why?

Suppose I have an injured finger. There is inflammation and if I press or even touch it, pain surges up and I feel troubled. Why? Simply because my subconscious mind state, which handles my auto-mode action-reaction based on reward-punishment assessment, has entrenched ‘Knowledge’ of pain and my natural reactions to it. If I say, ‘pain is not what it actually is but because of the ‘Knowledge’ of pain that I have’, an average person shall feel confused and never believe it. But, it is a reality. This is what cognitive science tells us. To prove it, what I have to do is be in calm and relaxed state of mind. Change my brain waves to meditative state and consciously repeat to myself that the pain I am feeling is not actual but just a ‘memory’ of the ‘Knowledge’ of pain that I have subconsciously assigned to my being. This I am going to change and ‘unlearn’. Therefore, I am going to meet the ‘pain’ in new light and have an audience with it from a new and fresh perspective. I shall focus it right there to ‘unlearn’ my past knowledge and face it anew.

After practicing this conscious resolve for a good one hour, I again touch or press the wounded finger with the same intensity as I did previously. It is for sure I shall feel less pain and even while pain may at times try to fall back to my previous ‘feel’, it shall be a different feel. This is some practice that Monks do and successfully unlearn their subconscious ‘knowledge’ of pain by persevered practice. A well practiced Monk shall feel the pain in completely different light and therefore, his or her level of tolerance of pain shall be much higher than an average person. This is what the Dalai Lama said, ‘Pain is inevitable but suffering is optional’. This is cognitive change that higher consciousness can bring about in subconscious ‘knowledge’.

The simple idea, which we have to consciously accept and practice, is to have clear distinction between ‘reality’ and ‘knowledge’ of expression of the reality. Pain is one thing but suffering from the same pain is altogether different aspect of the reality. Consciousness has this artistry of cognition to live up and sustain this distinction for wellness and success.

This knowledge aspect of consciousness needs to be understood well. Other advanced organisms, like a dog or a lion also may have consciousness, which creates set of experiences for them. The difference seems to be the fact that they experience but do not have evolved and permanent sense or knowledge that they are experiencing. The definitive sense of their body into their experiences is either completely missing or is too feeble to admit. The same happens with a baby. It also experiences things and stores many of them as memories but as the brain has not yet developed and systematized the necessary physical pathways, the sense of they actually experiencing them is too feeble to recollect later. That is probably why a baby’s threshold of pain is higher than grownups. Their sense of a definitive body in their experiences is somehow missing in their experiencing. It is similar in higher animals with sensory system. As we consciously segregate ‘Me’ from experiences and make clear distinction between experience and ‘knowledge’ of the same experiences, we can have better management of pains and other troubles.

The subjective consciousness in us that ‘we are’, seems a function of the knowledge the consciousness builds up by storing different body experiences as memories, which the actionable body creates. The dualism of consciousness is created because of the cyclicality of experiences and knowledge. The body’s sensory organs provide information from the milieus to the brain. The brain is physical part of information processing. It is like the hardware part of computation. The mind however is the functional part, the software part. This functional part, the mind controls the brain, the physical part. Mind is the knowledge, which is memories of experiences of body’s actions, stored in consciousness. The feeling of ‘self’, the sense of ‘me’ is a virtual realism as this ‘self’, the subjective consciousness is an intangible connect, a bridge between the physical and functional �" the brain, and mind.

The brain is the physical pathway that makes the body act in a particular way. However, the physical pathway, the brain does not itself decide all actions. This is crucial distinction and needs to be understood. There is a key difference in deliberating and deciding an action and actually executing the action. The brain makes physical action possible by physically moving concerned parts of the body. However, whether the action should be taken or not or if taken then in what measure and intent, is what the mind works at, with its ‘knowledge’ of antecedents of ‘experiences’. This is functional part of information processing.

We all have empirical experience of this typical dualism of hardware-software cyclicality. In a computer, software deliberates a particular function but the software is not designed to execute the function as it is the role of the hardware. Software must have a pathway connecting hardware. The software shows the priorities and choices and the hard disk actually engenders the physical pathway to get the function done. Similar is the situation with our consciousness. The intangible domain of knowledge (the software part) deliberates an action and behavior priority and choice. The knowledge is a functional facility, a software faculty and therefore, it cannot itself execute the physical action and behavior. The brain shall execute the action and it shall be done because of the physical pathways, the brain has created for it. If the brains have not created the necessary and synchronous pathways (the hardware facility), there shall not be an action or the action shall be different than what the knowledge (software) had prioritized or chosen.

Often, we see that our computer does some task on its own will or different from the command we selected. This is typical software-hardware dualism. Consciousness also sometimes does the same as it also has the same built-in dualism, like a computer. Therefore, we need to change the way we look at and accept ourselves as. Our consciousness must be accepted in its entire mechanism and its mechanism entails that software choices must have commensurate and synchronous hardware pathways. Otherwise, the dualism of consciousness shall create its own scary choices, often constricting our wellness and excellence. We have to be in perpetuity of our higher consciousness, which ensures the symmetry and harmony of software-hardware (body-mind) dualism. We are humans, having a definitive edge and therefore, we cannot act and behave the way other organisms do.

The consciousness of other organisms, like dog or lion primarily has physical part of information processing �" the hardware. The brain does take most decisions based on instincts, which are codes already written in the genetic navigation system. They too have minds, which takes into account some of the past experiences (software) but as they do not have evolved and complex memory mechanism, they have very fleeting sense of self-awareness. Even the memories become part of rote function, very much part of instinctive decision-making. The same happens in small kids. However, even in grownups, this instinctive action-reaction dominates decision-making. This leads to larger troubles and needs to be changed.

Usually, in humans the mind, the functional part of consciousness dominates the decision-making. That is why; the consciousness in us has dualism far more accentuated than other organisms. This dualism also splits the subject, the subjective feeling of we as the action doer. There is a physical processing of information and brain handles them, we being little aware of them. This part is instinctive response to stimulus provided by sensory organs and such actions are generic actions. This subject, which does these actions, is referred as ‘generic subject’. Science says, 90 percent of brain’s structures are dedicated to handling those action-reaction functions, which we are not aware of. They happen in unconscious or subconscious minds, where our body is the action-doer but the definitive sense of we doing them, as our bodies, is missing. Only two percent part is conscious action of brain, where decisions of action are taken in total consciousness, with perfect sense of we as our bodies involved in them. This itself presents a huge causality for dualism about our consciousness. In babies and higher animals, this conscious action is very negligible, not even this two percent.

We have evolved and complex mind mechanism, the functional part of consciousness. It dominates the processing of information, filtering it through personalized and subjective memories of experiences of past actions and those experiences gathered from popular experiences of the milieus, called contemporary culture. The actions, deliberated after such filtering are ‘specific’ and creates a ‘specific subject’.

The dualism of consciousness creates loads of troubles for average people. It is because of the mechanism we have and the way our brain and mind consciousness has evolved. However, knowing and understanding this dualism in detail makes us clearly understand that what we predominantly are; is a function of our perspectives and attitudes and in turn, our attitudes and perspectives are what we are.

Here is the idea of change in all of us. We are humans and we live in complex societies, which are so laterally and vertically interlinked that every individual’s action-behavior has catalytic impact on the wellness and excellence of millions of us. That is why in modern contemporary societies, relationship troubles in familial, societal and workplace domains are number one troubles of humanity. We all have a responsibility towards not only us as an individual but also towards all of us in the society we live. We, as aware and responsible citizens of a nation and societies, need to own every action and behavior. We already see the world we live in utter chaos, conflict and violence. Nations and societies need to be collective domains of wellness and excellence. They are not in contemporary world as this happens only when each of us consciously own and be responsible towards each of our actions and behaviors; not only two percent of them.

We have to understand and accept that in our usual consciousness, we are seldom aware of our actions. Most of our actions are very generic actions as we are usually in control of our generic subject. This has to change. We need to be aware of our bodies, and always be in the higher consciousness state, where the specific subject takes control and owns every action and behavior. The contemporary culture also makes us behave and act in a generic way. The pop culture pampers the generic subject. This needs to change. We are humans, we have the facility of higher consciousness, which separates us from a baby or an animal. We need to stretch our consciousness by being consciously aware of all our decisions of actions and behavior. We are humans with faculty of a super consciousness, which makes us, a definitive sense of we as a body, to hold back our instincts and emotions, assess their utility in a larger sense of collective wellness and excellence. A decision, when processed in a non-reactive and receptive mode, in a holistic-assimilative-integrative perspective by our super consciousness, the specific subject within us, shall be far more amenable to our own wellness and excellence and that of the society and nation.

We are in our perspectives and our perspectives are in we. Therefore, if we all understand and accept the singularity of the utility of the above-mentioned perspective in prioritizing all our actions and behavior, we shall ensure larger wellness and excellence of not only we, as an individual, but also the collectivities of society and the nation.

Now, the same ideas we need to understand also from the perspective of the ancient wisdom, the classical Oriental wisdom, explained in terms of kaaya (Body), maaya (external world/milieus), karma (Actionable duties) and karta (Subject). There is huge commonality, even as the symbols and means used in explaining these terms vary. The ancient wisdom also explains the dualism of consciousness and minute details, elaborates how there is a mystical causality between the kaaya, maaya, karta and karma, which decides cognition of the consciousness. In some way, scientific explanation may not be very conducive for average person’s understanding as we are still not used to many ideas of the modern science. Average person’s age-old faith mechanism also makes science a bit less acceptable in the subconscious mind. Let us delve into the old wisdom’s perspective on 3Cs �" Consciousness, Causality and Cognition. This may facilitate our understanding about self or ‘I’.

The consciousness is a stupid engineering. Its mechanism is so intricate and mystically multidimensional that it keeps people in constant state of flux; engendering layers of realisms, not amenable for linear understanding of individuals. The elements of milieus outside body-mind mechanisms keep interacting with disposition of consciousness within. This action-reaction cyclicality engenders information, which mind stores as intangible experiences and memories in the subconscious.

The totality and wholeness of it is a person’s culture, which sets the boundaries of his thought-action-behavior domain. As the milieus change in the course of life’s randomized journeys, the patterns of its interactions with disposition alter synchronically. This energizes the incessant cyclicality of learning and unlearning, which keeps an individual’s overall culture of consciousness in continuous flux. This flux has the energy of creation and destruction, making and unmaking going in an intertwined way. This cyclicality of changes in personal milieus, which makes a person’s subjective perspectives and personality change and in turn the later altering his or her inner milieus, creates a dualism, which is tough to understand if the person is not aware of the mechanism of cyclicality. It is only the higher consciousness, which understands this dualism and deliberates on a desirable poise for larger wellness. We are talking about it right here from the perspective of ancient wisdom, as we have already dealt with scientific perspective.

The ancient wisdom talked of the desirability of a higher consciousness in every person as chief aim of life and living. This was considered essential as only this state of higher consciousness or the ‘super consciousness’, could be a vehicle of larger wellness of the person and his or her personal excellence. The ancient Oriental wisdom said: There is a super consciousness within, evolved through discipline of body and mind, which enables the self (an individual) to decide the matrix of all decision-making of action-behavior, independent of the innate instincts and subconscious mind. Usually, for an untrained and unattained mind �" an average person with no mind-training, it is either his or her instincts or the prevailing popular culture, which decides the benchmarks of right and wrong of any action/behavior and this happens almost unconsciously. However, one has to attain this facility of being the ‘conscious decider’ of what should ideally present oneself with his or her decision-matrix at any point of time in life.

For example, suppose, a man and a woman are madly in love with each other. The man in an emotional state, picks up a pebble from the riverbed and gifts it to his beloved saying, he is also like a pebble, non-egoistic yet unworthy. He says, ‘This pebble was once a huge rock, thousands of years back but after eroding and shedding its mass and bulk of undesired egoism, it has finally reduced to a well-rounded pebble with no sharp edges. I have also shed my egoism in my love for you and I give this pebble to you to symbolize this transformation’. The woman in extreme gesture of love says that she values it more than a diamond as it is given by the man she loves more than any possession of life.

The very emotion and idea which made the woman accept a pebble as more precious than diamond; inspired a worth and utility of value of a diamond in a useless pebble. The woman truly and deeply felt huge joy about its possession. This way, the woman’s ‘super conscious’ prevailed over her instinctive and cultured self, which would have otherwise thrown away the pebble in disgust. This state of consciousness engendered a novel matrix of a decision-making, independent of and beyond her intelligence, disposition and instinctive nature, which otherwise would never ever accept the utility of a pebble at par with a diamond.

Within our consciousness, there is a culture as well as an innate judgment mechanism, which usually assigns values and decides the utility of an entity. They would usually have decided that a pebble is worthless and a diamond is precious. However, the super consciousness of the woman in love overruled all fixed parameters of her conscious and subconscious minds and came forward as the ‘conscious decider’ of what should ideally present her with her decision-matrix at this point of time in life. Her super consciousness aligned with continuous and immortal intangible entity �" intimacy and compassion in this case, renouncing the mortal value and utility of the tangible matter.

This is something available to humans only. This facility is our super conscious mind. This facility is essentially a function of imagination, which is duly supported by memories of experiences we have. Early humans succeeded in evolving fast and better by using their power of imagination to win over all obstacles. We have the facility to imagine ourselves out of the body and even out of the milieu to intangibly position ourselves in a situation, which is virtual and then weave possibilities to turn this virtual realism into a largely realistic one. In Indian spiritual philosophy, the ancestors prescribed a mechanism to be in exalted state of this super consciousness.

Science also explains the same mechanisms but uses different terms and frameworks. The Indian spiritual philosophy maintains that there is a continuous and complex interaction always going on between nature (external milieu) and human mind (internal milieu). It defines nature as drishya, something, which is seen and observed. It constitutes of two parts �" the first being the tangible factors in external environment, which includes the contemporary culture, in which a human being lives. The second part is the intangible factors of body’s intrinsic nature or disposition. This intrinsic disposition has three attributes �" sato gun (receptive mode), rajo gun (action mode) and tamo gun (inertia mode). These attributes suitably align with commensurate elements present in external milieus.

These three attributes are simultaneously present in all humans, even while different people may have different mix of the three attributes. Even science says, people can be identified as of a particular shade of consciousness, depending on amount and intensity the three attributes of reception, action and inertia in a person. One single person can be in different shades of consciousness, at different stages of life, as there are changes taking in the quotient of the three attributes. The society or larger physical milieu, we live in, also has these three attributes of reception, action and inertia.

It is self-evident that in a small and simple society, where material pursuits are very limited and small population naturally has larger proximity and intimacy between them, the predominant attribute of the milieu shall be reception. This shall make the society and its people in larger internal wellness but external discomfort.

However, in the unmanageably large and complex societies, we live today, where there is a deluge of material pursuits to attain, the predominant attribute of milieu shall be action and such societies, there shall be physical comforts for people but there shall be larger conflict and competitiveness among people in the society, economy and politics. In many societies, where physical comfort and personal attainments have become high, or in such societies where knowledge and development are miniscule, the predominant attribute shall be inertia. It is only natural and self-evident that such later societies shall have more conflicts, larger competitiveness, greater violence and less tolerance and stability but better external comforts. This is so self-evident for all of us.

Every attribute comes with an associated package of societal culture and individual behavior-action. A person living in a society where reception is predominant attribute shall behave differently than a person living in the society where predominant attribute is action or inertia. It is empirically observable to all that the drishya (nature or milieus) is a realism, which is in continuous change as the attributes and elements constituting it are mutually contradictory in nature. Modern psychology too accepts this. A person, who has a dominant consciousness of action, may eventually realize its futility and shall accept the utility of reception mode in later stage of life. A spendthrift may eventually start practicing the virtues of misery after indulging sometime in former mode. The vice-versa is also possible. The same is true with societies. It is our mechanism.

In many contemporary developed societies, like USA, the predominant attribute is action, even while large part of it has inertia, because of larger availability of comforts. It is only natural that many there are fed up with existing milieu and look for a life in reception mode. Many old developing societies, like India have largely been in the dominant attribute of reception. However, as material well-being is rising, it is going the old American way and now attributes of action and inertia are taking over. This change is cyclic with newer elements being introduced in every new cycle. This is why we all behave in a way, which a dominant culture prescribes to us. Societal personality becomes an overriding consciousness for most of us. The popular benchmarks become a rule for us. This is why ancient as well as contemporary wisdom tell us to rise above the populism and be your own conscious decision-maker.

Ancient Indian wisdom called the consciousness as drishta, a virtual agency, which sees and observes the intelligence of a person, which his or her current consciousness lands him or her in. The consciousness has been referred to as the observer of human intelligence, which decides the matrix for any decision of life, in the larger realism of drishya (nature and culture). The Indian spiritual philosophy observes that the drishya and drishta (nature and consciousness) are continuously interacting with each other in a cyclic causality, in which, each affects other and in turn gets affected. The randomly multidimensional juxtaposition of drishya and drishta (nature and consciousness) engenders different cyclical expressions of disposition. These cyclical expressions are infinite and all of them lead an individual to pains and troubles. This is because, these expressions link the ‘self’, the consciousness with discontinuous and immortal elements of drishya and drishta (nature and consciousness). The interaction of drishya and drishta (nature and consciousness) elements leads an individual to both gratification as well as renunciation. The Indian spiritual philosophy maintains that this cycle of gratification and renunciation is such a naturally intense and powerful realism that most people on earth remain attracted to it and become a part of the cyclic drift.

To come out of this cyclic causality of gratification and renunciation, which takes one away and aloof from this powerful drift is the role and function of this super consciousness. This is the difficult part of the entire idea of consciousness. This is probably an idea, which is tough for the consciousness to imagine. The practice of it is far more difficult. The yoga philosophy says, there is a state of super consciousness, which is called ‘Kaivalya’. This Sanskrit word has almost no parallel word in modern languages. We can say, it literally means a state of singleness, a conscious position of Onlyness.

For most of us, it is difficult to understand its true meaning as since long; we have been accustomed to collective and mutual existence and awareness of self. There is so much of contemporary culture within our conscious and subconscious minds. We are so used to our consciousness in complete collaboration and concomitance with our external as well as internal milieus that for us, an idea in the domain of total and perfect singleness and onlyness is beyond even imagination. The idea, as elaborated by Indian spiritual philosophy enshrines that super consciousness is a state of being, where there is complete and perfect lack of any connection, causality and coexistence between the drishta and drishya. The subject, the consciousness, which observes the nature and the decision-making matrices of life, becomes completely free and detached from the causality and utility of external as well as internal milieus and nature. This super consciousness is a state of singleness and onlyness �" the kaivalya state of consciousness.

The idea is �" in both the consciousnesses of gratification as well as renunciation, if there is causality and utility of the subject with object, the consciousness acquires the element of ego and sense of self, as distinct and different from others. This ego has to go in the state of super consciousness, as this element of sense of self is actually a mortal and discontinuous element. Kaivalya is a state of consciousness, which is devoid of ego and sense of self as this state is the true element of immortality and continuity. The singleness and onlyness has only a singular element of continuity and immortality. This sense of self needs to go away then only one can truly attain the state of kaivalya, the state of singleness and onlyness.

This is very tough. There have been people on earth, who attained greatness and even understood the utility of it all. They became saints and helped the masses. Still, they could not devoid themselves of the sense of self, and this made them create rifts between different persons. The evil, which all cultures portray in human beings is this sense of self, which remains attached to egoistic attitudes. Kaivalya is possible only when this sense of self withers completely. Even greats are affected by the attributes of inertia and they stop practicing when they attain greatness. This dooms them and humanity. Kaivalya needs to be practiced lifelong.

This is the state, in yogic philosophy, where jeevatma (human soul/consciousness) unites with parmatma (cosmic soul/consciousness). This is what they called yoga, the union. The different yogasanas are different ways to discipline your body and consciousness to arrive at the state of kaivalya. This is also something, the spiritual philosophy of Geeta, the chief holy book of Hinduism says. Somehow, the modern concepts of psychosynthesis and psychoenergetics also work around the similar ideas.

There is a cardinal rule to the success of every enterprise of life. At the start, every enterprise looks huge and tough. Human mind, as we discussed, is not good at seeing far ahead. Therefore, it is always advised to take small steps towards achievement of part of the enterprise and set aim for smaller goals. Your innocence and honesty is your best preparations to attain your goals. The simple idea is; it is your imagination, which makes you a winner, when you have to make any important decision in life. This imagination puts you above and aloof from the immediate milieus, culture and body-mind instincts, which often either blur your judgment or keep you in a flux. Worse, it makes you drift with it, beyond your conscious control.

You have to use your power of conscious imagination to accept your being and self as someone, not only your body, not only your mind, not only your milieus and not even the interaction between them. You have to accept it as some super consciousness, which observes each of your thought-action-behavior matrices from a position above and aloof from all the dimensions of your consciousness and being. This enables you to hold every emotion, instinct and ideas back for a while, sit over them with an objective and independent super consciousness.

As this super consciousness is a receptive mode facility, you shall be endowed with a power to observe and control all your instinctive and culturally induced thought-action-behavior of action-reaction mode. As you keep practicing to remain in this super consciousness self, you shall finally attain the kaivalya realism. Then, this super consciousness shall become your single and only consciousness.

This is the stage where, you become the conscious decider of what should ideally present yourself with your decision-matrix at any point of time in your life. This is a sure facility for personalizing your own wellness and making them independent of milieus, culture and instincts. Anything you wish to attain in life, in societal milieu, which cultural benchmarks label as worthy, you shall decisively find yourself in competition and conflict with so many others, who want the same attainment and that too exclusively. The success of the enterprise shall only partly depend on your efforts and merits as there shall always be many factors in milieu and people, which shall be equally decisive.

That is why successes in our societies are exception, not a rule. However, when you wish to attain something, which is possible only just by your simple and innocent resolve, you shall be always successful. Like your resolve to find utility and worth in intangibles like love, compassion or attach value to being in nature with trees and birds is only your own personal attainment. This enterprise is successful any number of times you do it. For example, the worth the woman in love in our story above created in a pebble, installing more value to it than a diamond, shall always remain with her as this is an intangible utility, nobody can take away from her, unlike a real diamond. The ancient philosophies tell us to align ourselves only with these intangibles as utility because; our own consciousness has worth only as intangible. Our consciousness is intangible and continuous and that is why, it shall find lasting and continuous wellness only in intangible elements. That is why, the philosophy prescribes, true and lasting relationship can happen only between similar and generic elements. Our consciousness is intangible and values the intangibles in our lives more than anything. If we align our consciousness with value, worth and utility in tangibles, there is bound to be pain, conflict and confusion as these elements are not similar and generic to the true character of our consciousness. This is the change we all need to instill in our conscious mind.

This power of imagination, our super consciousness has, is our most precious endowment but this treasure has to be protected against misuse. This is best ensured when you have innocence and honesty of character. You need to be cautious that you keep yourself in milieus, both internal and external, which are conducive to protecting and prolonging your innocence and honesty. If not, then this power of imagination shall always be involved with your ego and sense of self, which shall then lead you away from objectivity and innocence of imagination. You shall then begin to be intelligent, instead of innocence and subjective in assigning value and worth to possessions.

The kaivalya state shall be unavailable, as this sense of self shall put you in the groove of subjectivity, making you trapped in the cyclic causality of action-reaction. It is equally important that the body-mind entity remains ensconced in a conducive internal and external environment. This is crucial initially. Once you have attained the kaivalya state, you can live in any milieu, as you would then rise above all to be affected by them. Initially, you have to keep away from contemporary milieus and culture of gratification and action-reaction mode.

**

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

CHAPTER 2

Understanding Causality In Detail

Everything around us, be it our little home or the colossal cosmos, has a mechanism and a process, which makes the mechanism work. As this mechanism and process works, perceptible and discernible patterns emerge, which we all can understand and accept. ‘God’ is unraveled and ‘His’ will is deciphered in the mechanism, processes and patterns around us. The wise have said it that ‘God is in details’. If we open ourselves to this consciousness, where we can understand and accept these mechanism, processes and patterns around us, we shall not need to delegate all happenings to ‘God’. Of course, still loads of probabilities shall be there for ‘God’ to handle but we can make ‘Him’ happy by picking up those for ourselves, which we can and should do.

This is the idea of ‘Causality’ for us. This causality may be simple or complex, expressed in simple structures or in complex ones. However, the core and cardinal rule of causality shall remain singular and that is �" All Realism Is A Function Of Some Causalities And This Realism In Turn Structures Alteration In Causalities. This means, causalities have dialectical cyclicality.

As we are aware of causalities, many of the probabilities of happenings become replicable and doable by ourselves. There is no need to trouble ‘God’ or destiny to make it happen. With our personal inputs and with some calculated design of destiny, we can make many of these probable events and things happen the way we wish them to happen.

For example, an ocean is colossal mechanism. It has complex processes and patterns. There are trillions of living organisms and each one having its own destiny in the ocean. Each passing minute, millions of organisms are killed and another millions are born and survive. There is a pattern of this killing and surviving in the oceanic food chain. ‘God’ is not supervising all lives and each second of the lives of the trillions of organisms. We can say, ‘God’ created a mechanism of oceans, infused Oxygen into it to energize the mechanism and created a process of working of the mechanism called ocean. This mechanism evolves and patterns are created, which we all can see. Scientists have now known the working of the oceanic life cycles up to its deepest bottom. They have given us a pattern of how life works in oceans.

Now, I can enter an ocean for fishing and someday I catch a big beautiful fish. I have a sumptuous dinner and I thank ‘God’ for that. Another day at ocean, I catch a shark in my net and escape a certain death. I again thank ‘God’ for the escape, though with serious injuries. ‘God’ is not interested either in my first thank nor in my second. He created a mechanism, which has all patterns and they stand in the ocean in neutral probability. It is destiny in my hand.

If I understand the pattern well, I shall go to ocean well prepared. I shall carefully select the fishing zones and timings. I shall first gather all possible information available to gear myself up for a safe and successful catch, avoiding probabilities of accidents. The mechanism of ocean has both probabilities of a good fish and a shark in equitable proportions. If I am not prepared, I shall meet with that destiny, which the mechanism’s own set of probabilities has there.

If I am prepared well, equipped with the knowledge of the mechanism of the oceans and its multidimensional probabilities, I shall have a destiny of happenings, very much skewed in my favor. This way, I shall have the larger input in the destiny, which ‘God’s’ mechanism has in store for any person. ‘God’s’ will has to be neutral and unbiased as ‘His’ mechanism is also objective, neutral and equal for everyone.

The simple idea is; we have patterns all around us and these patterns, emerge out of the processes of working of a mechanism, which has been created. This mechanism works equitably for all of us. We need to have our personal inputs to manage our own destinies of probabilities of the mechanism’s possibilities on us. We have so many examples in our daily lives, where we see that if we are aware of the patterns (causalities), have prepared ourselves well for multiple factors and have anticipated rightly the dynamic interplay of these factors, which are there in a mechanism, we are successful in having a smooth and safe go.

For example, I am driving a car on the busy highway. Highway has its own mechanism and driving too has its own mechanism. Now, whether I meet with an accident or reach my destination safely depends very much on my own personal input �" the knowledge of both mechanisms. Of course, the precarious probabilities of highway driving shall always be there. However, whatever shall be my destiny; it shall have larger inputs of my own preparedness and less of the probabilities of the mechanism of highway driving.

Driving itself is a multi-tasking skill. Those, who have better coordination of their eyes, hands and legs, shall be drivers with lesser chances of accidents. This is however only one part of successful driving. You also need to have intuitive anticipation towards possible mistakes of not only your own driving, but also of others, who shall be ahead and behind you on the highway. You have to anticipate correctly and in time, if a driver ahead you does something silly. Accident happens not only when you do a wrong, but also when others do wrong with you. You are in trouble both ways.

Moreover, on the highway, you need to know, where those accident-prone zones are and where drivers usually make errors of judgment. There may be a signboards warning you but you must have this pre-knowledge, back in your subconscious. It means; you must be very aware of the entire stretch of the highway.

We can see, how a simple thing like driving a car opens up so many probabilities for us, which are always there for anyone driving. While driving, we have to master the inter-play of so many factors, which the mechanism has. Somehow, accidents can happen to anyone, even when he or she is best prepared. Still, for a driver, who understands the mechanism of highway driving better and is well aware of the patterns of highways as well as driving, has lesser probabilities of accidents. Knowing the mechanism and discerning its inherent patterns can mould the destiny in our favor. ‘God’s’ probabilities for accidents or safety are neutral as it is part of the mechanism.

It is believed that some people are born with the quality of an ‘intuitive’ mind. There is a belief that they could predict events from past and future. There is a cult of ‘Tantricism’, an occult tradition as well as mainstream tradition of meditative powers to develop intuition, which was used to predict past and future.

The core idea behind all these was to have a mind consciousness, which could have the receptive brilliance of discerning the ambient patterns of life-living mechanisms. It is clear that the ability to predict right about past and future, which masses called magic, the artistry is essentially that of a mind consciousness, which has special abilities of deciphering the patterns, which are intangible but can be unraveled.

There was a very famous ‘tantric’ (Practitioner of occult) renowned for his magical power to see and predict future. Many aggrieved people would come to this ‘tantric’ and tell him their problems. For example, a woman came and asked the tantric to trace his son, who had gone missing for last one year. The tantric listened to the woman and then closed his eyes. Minutes after, he said, he had the divine vision that her son is still alive and he left home on his own accord. Tantric asked the woman to search for the son in a place 500 kilometers east from the place he lived. The woman later found her son after a year in a city around the same vicinity the tantric had said. I sat with a tantric and talked about all this. My friendliness to him made him say things, which he would not reveal to others.

He said, ‘When a person is in trouble, especially for long period, his or her natural abilities for rational thinking is eclipsed. People who generally come to us have little education or unsound reasoning faculties. They tell us everything. We then ask for some specific information about their trouble and about the environment, where the trouble started. We then close our eyes, sit in a meditative consciousness of complete reception. All these information we leave with this meditative unconscious mind for churning. We have evolved this facility to switch off our conscious mind. The intuitive unconscious mind has a strange facility of doing its own strange mathematics and pattern building. It does its own interpolation and even extrapolation. It may take some minutes or few hours but the unconscious mind finally puts all these information into a template of sorts, where we can see pictures of past and future arranged in a particular order. We then use the faculty of the conscious mind to create a pattern or sequence of events. On this basis, we predict and it usually comes true.’

There are great similarities between what the tantrik did and what doctors used to do 50-60 years back. Then, there were little specialist diagnostic tests of modern times available to the doctors and patients were in general averse to such tests. For diagnosis, they had to depend largely on the symptoms the patients described of his troubles or any external symptoms visible. The most popular doctor was one, who could diagnose the disease correctly.

Many of the doctors of old school used the power of ‘intuitive mind’ to diagnose the diseases correctly. Many of them practiced the art of meditation, worships, occult practices and even playing musical instruments to attune and align the mind towards a state of high reception. They depended heavily on details and then used the intuitive minds to work out a pattern, which would then help them in predicting the right diagnosis.

Somehow, we all do it in one form of the other. Just visit a casino to see how the master gambler is the one who is sharp and prompt enough to predict a pattern in all games and make the right choices. It is our mind, which is constantly doing the calculations of the permutations and combinations, scattered all around us. The interpolative and extrapolative mind consciousness is a random facility of mind, which we all can master. Naturally, some are more favored to attain the mastery because of their natural abilities. Still, we all can do it.

The mechanism and its pattern or causalities work on their own accord. The probabilities, which emerge out of the processes of the mechanism is what we can say as ‘common destiny’ for all, who are part of this mechanism. ‘God’ is neutral as ‘His’ mechanism is neutral. What falls in our laps as destiny of probability is a function of how much personalized input we can assign to the working processes of the mechanism. We cannot avoid the destiny, as we are part of it. However, we can alter the probabilities of destiny by adding our personalized input.

Somehow, if we consciously look at it and use our logical and reasoned awareness for deciphering the causality, we can find that even this idea of ‘God’ or divinity is also a ‘Causality Of Consciousness’. God is probably the finest example of the idea of ‘Causality’ and as it is related with the reality of consciousness, it is interesting to look into it, accepting with open mind that this could be a possible hypothesis. Let us elaborate that.

If you accept and allow the macrocosmic perspective to build on a hypothesis that singular objective truth and realism apart, whatever seems and presents itself for observation, is a registry and artistry of the hugely mystical marvels of brain, which unravels them through our mind consciousness. This hypothesis is not a figment of pure imagination; rather it is a primary acceptance of innocence of intelligence. This hypothesis is an initiation into the complexity of this multidimensional universe of mysticism, marvel and magic, which are now ensconced and embedded deep into our mind consciousnesses. It is even accepted that these cultural ideas of mysticism, marvel and magic are now very much part of our instincts, our genetic wiring.

This mysticism and marvel of mind consciousness of contemporary humans, engenders an ‘I’, a sense of subjective self, which has now put the idea of divinity into an external domain. However, some five-six thousand years back and even beyond, this mind consciousness of early humans were not what it is today of we people. The early consciousness could see and accept that all ideas and dimensions of divinity were not external but deep within. This consciousness defined and accepted divinity not in a cultural way, as we accept it today. It was only natural that early consciousnesses of humanity, thousands of years back created such beautiful and insightful metaphors of divinity, which now stand as completely degenerated. It is tough to understand and accept those metaphors as contemporary mind consciousnesses have become highly cultured by degenerated notions of divinity.

We shall attempt to recreate the old consciousness here and this shall lead us to understand the internalized idea of divinity, where God is only within, experienced with such intensity of pure consciousness that it was somehow possible for a mind then to engender a metaphor of ‘I Am God’, documented in classical Indian spiritual traditions.

When a mind consciousness, positioned in a state of poise of all tangible and intangible elements of being and cosmos expresses this idea of ‘I Am God’, it creates a marvelously precarious superposition of entities. This super consciousness, assimilating and identifying the ‘self’ in complete linearity with the idea of divinity, has almost no choice to express its situationalism in any other set of words. This super consciousness, understands, accepts and internalizes the 3Ms �" Mysticism-Marvel-Magic, with a perfectly novel perspective of 3Cs �" Consciousness-Cognition-Causality.

The expression, ‘I Am God’, can be anything but never the narcissistic expression of an intelligent mind consciousness. Rather, it must be primarily accepted as the self-negating expression of an innocent mind consciousness, stretching the self beyond all signs and semblances of ‘self’. We shall attempt to unravel all possible aspect of this expression of ‘I Am God.

At the very start, we need to accept a very natural and fruitful mechanism of mind consciousness, which shall help us in understanding, why the proposition, ‘I Am God’ becomes a realism. You must have noticed; when you listen to your favorite music, you start with listening music, then your consciousness moves with the music and you feel like being part of the music and finally your consciousness merges with the music and you become music.

The best experience of this merger of identities �" external and internal into singular identity happens in love. Be in love and you will see and experience the multidimensionality of all realisms around you �" be it within self or in the milieus outside, merging into a singular consciousness. Be in love to experience the magic and then you yourself become The Magic. Deep within the body-mind intimacy and emotion of love, you shall cease to be an experiencer and turn to be experience itself. You start as being in love and then become love. Love happens and this merger happens �" the experiencer becoming the experience. All pluralism, all dualism and all multidimensionality of consciousness and realisms merge into singular linearity. All ‘somethingness’ first enters the domain of ‘nothingness’ and then finally it swims effortlessly in the ocean of everythingness.

The same and even far more spontaneous and lasting is the experience of the experiencer of divinity becoming the experience itself and in the state of such ultimate consciousness, where all somethingnesses become singular everythingness, the conscious self merges into the unity and linearity of cosmic consciousness. As this merger, dissolution and ultimate union ends up the segregation of external and internal realisms and people start feeling being the love or music itself, a consciousness in the domain of divinity also feels being divinity itself and what comes out as a light from the consciousness is put in humanly designed words as �" ‘I Am God’. This however is difficult to happen, because in the case of divinity, there is a missing tangible of physicality of lover and music.

As we have talked about it earlier, the mind consciousness does not speak in the language we humans designed for our social exchange of ideas. The experiences of mind consciousness and its expressions are not amenable to be put in human words. That is why, when someone says in exalted state of higher consciousness that he or she is the music, the love or the God, there has to be an innocent and compassionate acceptance that the words are just extremely poor shadow of the pure and primary imagery of the experience and expression in his or her mind consciousness.

Now, we need to understand that the purpose of the above metaphors of music and love was used to simply and facilitate the above hypothesis, we had accepted earlier. The hypothesis was �"

“Singular objective truth and realism apart, whatever seems and presents itself for observation, is a registry and artistry of the hugely mystical marvels of brain, which unravels them through our mind consciousness.”

This hypothesis was necessary to arrive at the theoretical realism that when a consciousness says, “I Am God”, it is this same registry and artistry of the hugely mystical marvels of brain, unraveled through his or her mind consciousness. Moreover, those minds, who object to it and arrive at different interpretations of realisms, are also because of this same registry and artistry. That is why there has to be huge amount of innocence and courage of compassion to rise above the constraints of a cultured mind consciousness, which sees and accepts hypocrisies of all shades.

Now, we shall discuss in detail about the mechanism of this “Registry and Artistry of Mystical Marvels of Mind Consciousness”. We shall attempt to arrive at the processes of mechanisms, which engenders the possibility of a consciousness state, which accepts this proposition of “I Am God”.

There is a mechanism of human consciousness, much of it is now understood and this facilitates understanding of how all realisms, we see and accept, are within mind consciousness. There is a cyclicality among elements in external milieu, elements within self (instinct and culture) and the subjective consciousness. It is highly discernible and even replicable fact that constitution of the idea and expression of divinity has always had only those elements, which are instinctively present both inside human mechanism as well as in the external milieu. This is an interesting and ubiquitous ‘Causality’. It is such a ubiquitous commonality that all elements of human consciousness, culture and divinity are the same. This is in sync with ancient wisdom that nothing external to consciousness exists. Science also says the same. We talk in detail about the commonality of these elements below.

Ancient Indian wisdom talked about seven elements of life and delegated these elements in ownership of different Gods. I humbly request you to accept my hypothesis that when our forefathers deciphered these ideas and created a wisdom of oral traditions, they did not mean them to be what we now know as ‘religion’. It was then a social collective wisdom, very much a local culture of few thousand people, living in a physical milieu, which was tough, as humanity had not tamed the wild nature by then. Only hundreds of years later, these wisdoms were crafted in written literary tradition, with their objectivity being lost considerably in subjective consciousnesses of their writers. Then, the larger population, which had become more settled and comfortable with life, named it religion and suitably wrapped these wisdoms with opulence of rituals of personal and societal conveniences.

Let us talk about the commonality of elements in the three domains of consciousness, culture and divinity. As we said earlier, there are seven core and predominant elements in nature and all matters of the universe, which stand to be observed by humans, shall have these seven elements �" be it human culture, societal interaction structures, subjective self as well as divinity. These seven elements are essentially intangible imageries of brain and mind mechanisms, but as they stand to be observed by humans in an instinctive causality with ambient physical nature, these seven elements stand to be expressed and communicated socially, culturally and personally in tangible terms of words and physical symbols of life and living.

We shall discuss this causality later but first, we must name the seven elements. Before we do it, it must again be emphasized that these intangible elements are being made to ride on the back of humanly designed words and therefore, the resultant conflict and confusion in their true shade of meanings shall ever remain. That is why a humble request is to accept these seven elements in terms of words in holistic-assimilative-integrative perspective, allowing innocence of compassion to come to the forefront of reception. These seven elements in words are �"

  1. Creation/Creativity/Initiation/Origin
  2. Indulgence/Opulence/Fulfillness/Wellness
  3. Energy/Endurance/Neuroticism/Shakti
  4. Stabilization/Nurturance/Sustenance/Poise
  5. Determination/Absoluteness/Pruning/Mool-Bhav
  6. Status/Power/Authority/Dominance/Egoism
  7. Conscientiousness/Inevitability/Finality

It is easy to understand and accept that within an individual, these seven elements are deeply ingrained in subconscious layers of self and are expressed in multidimensional plurality of action and behavior. These elements are core instincts of a subjective consciousness and as these elements are intangibles for success of survival of a person, their expressions in behavior and actions are vocal and ubiquitous.

It is also equally visible to all that all cultures of all human societies, across geographical divide in the world have the same seven elements. All cultures are mystical and magical expressions of the marvel of these seven elements. It is a huge domain of empirical study and analysis as how the same elements act and interact with each other in the respective domains of individual self and society. These seven elements engender a mystically marvelous causality between the individual and societal domains and in turn, this causality influences in shaping up the rainbowish shades of cognition both in an individual as well as in contemporary popular societal culture.

We can talk in lengthy details about these cognitions and causality of seven elements but this is not our focus area in this book. We shall talk about them in another book in future. Here, our purpose and utility is to draw the mechanism as how these cognition and causality engender the divinity and its multidimensional realisms. In ancient Indian wisdom, as we said earlier, all these seven elements were made to be owned separately by seven Gods, who are the seven core Gods in Indian tradition. Though in contemporary Indian religious traditions, there are now 330 million deities, a deep look into their historicity of origin and traditions of worship shall very clearly reveal that all of them are owners of only these seven elements.

As we said, there are seven original Gods and Goddesses, who were assigned the ownership of each of these seven elements. Now we once again present the seven elements with their reigning deity marked alongside �"

  1. Creation/Creativity/Initiation/Origin �" Brahma
  2. Indulgence/Opulence/Fulfillness/Wellness �" Indra
  3. Energy/Endurance/Neuroticism/Shakti �" Durga
  4. Stabilization/Nurturance/Sustenance/Poise �" Vishnu
  5. Determination/Absoluteness/Pruning/Mool-Bhav �" Shiva
  6. Status/Power/Authority/Dominance/Egoism �" Shani
  7. Conscientiousness/Inevitability/Finality �" Yam

We all need to be humble and innocent when it comes to acceptance of anything new, which is not part of our subjective consciousness, cognition and causality. The ancient Indian wisdom cautions that knowledge has utility only if it creates humility, as it is the humility and innocence, which extends the eligibility of wisdom. We are simply creating a hypothesis that ultimately proves, what ancient wisdom observed thousands of years back and what science now accepts as objective and replicable reality. The hypothesis is the acceptance that all realisms are expressions of the intangible processing mechanism of the mind consciousness. The hypothesis is �" “Singular objective truth and realism apart, whatever seems and presents itself for observation, is a registry and artistry of the hugely mystical marvels of brain, which unravels them through our mind consciousness.”

Modern science and contemporary social sciences, based on the objectivity of the natural sciences have accepted the same ancient observation and wisdom. They have however explained the same in the light of the brain mechanism and new insights into the processing mechanism of consciousness. The 3Cs �" Consciousness-Cognition-Causality, which happens to be behind the 3Ms �" Mysticism-Marvel-Magic stands to be seen, interpreted, analyzed and accepted in a new light of holistic-assimilative-integrative perspective. This unravels the objective and singular perceptions of the 3Cs and in turn, settles the age-old multidimensionality and plurality of the 3Ms in an objective and replicable way.

This new causality makes it clear that consciousness has this within itself to engender all sorts of mysticism, marvel and magic. The marvel and mysticism is in the mechanism of the processing of elements of nature, within and outside human body and as these elements are intangible, they are bound to be expressed in a multidimensional way, depending on the interplay and randmomized causalities of these seven elements.

Modern science admits that there are seven shades of consciousness and all shades are present in a single individual. It is like a singular source of light splits into seven colors of spectrum as it is made to pass through a prism. An individual’s current personality at a time-space situation is primarily decided by those elements of the seven shades, which are predominant in the same time-space bracket. This however may not be permanent, though many people can remain in the same personality element or elements all throughout their lives.

The social scientists have started to design a consciousness mapping of nations and societies on the basis of these seven shades of personality. It is said that in the existing world, people with red shade of consciousness, which marks the predominance of 2nd and 6th elements of indulgence and status. This shade of consciousness always has been the majority personality grouping at any time of the human civilization. All elements are equally important and inevitable for the evolution of life on this planet. We are not judging on the utility and superiority of any element or any shade of human consciousness and personality. Our enterprise is to observe a causality between consciousness, cultures and divinity.

It is very much easily observable that a person shall usually pick up a ‘Generic God’ to his or her own predominant consciousness. Ancient Indian wisdom said, “Only generic and similar elements can have lasting relationship.” Divinity choices can therefore be observed as causality of personal positioning of subjective consciousness and generic perception of a personal deity. In the long history of humanity, societies have evolved into a collective consciousness of a particular shade and accordingly, their presiding deities have changed too.

The mind consciousness is a strange subject. This subject �" the source and dispenser of all actions and behavior has a mechanism, which engenders a beautifully mystical dualism. It is this dualism, which makes him or her engender realisms from within its consciousness and then in turn itself make it an external realism. We are not going into detail of this dualism of consciousness but we shall however talk about how the dualism of human consciousness creates so much of magic and marvel. We shall primarily talk about how divinity is one such mysticism and marvel of the human consciousness. This shall finally reach us to a situation where the consciousness finally accepts the end of this dualism, the dissolution and assimilation of the dualism into one singular holism. At this consciousness, the expression, ‘I Am God’ is the only realism.

The idea or feeling of ‘self’, a subjective consciousness of ‘I Am’, as separate and different from ‘them’ is a complex mechanism. Modern contemporary knowledge about this consciousness, which defines us, is now at a level, where we can understand why we as consciousnesses are a very complex entity. This complexity has evolved in a rather stupid way as evolution of humanity in the long journey of billions of years has been the primary stupidity. This subjective sense of ‘I Am’ is one huge potential of joy and wellness at one hand. However, this same subjectivity of consciousness makes it stand as the worst stupid of the universe, unparalleled in the millions of existing species on earth.

Modern objective knowledge unravels to us the complex mechanism of this subjective consciousness. Like the seven intangible elements of consciousnesses, science says that the individual personality has seven layers of consciousnesses within. They are �"

  1. The Lower Unconscious
  2. The Middle Unconscious
  3. The Higher Unconscious or Super-conscious
  4. The Field of Consciousness
  5. The Conscious Self or "I"
  6. The Higher Self
  7. The Collective Unconscious

All seven elements are within an individual and operate simultaneously. An individual’s personality has all seven stages of personal growth and evolution, alive and functioning at any point of time and space. The lower unconscious contains elements of various instincts, tendencies and complexes. In the higher unconscious are individual talents and potentials which, a person acquire by practice, reveal inner strengths and visions of the. The collective unconscious is the culture within. The life journey is shifting gears from these spheres of consciousnesses. We need to understand this.

From ancient wisdom to modern science, all wisdoms say the common thing. They say �" ‘You are in your perspective and your perspectives are in you.’ This means, the personality traits and choices define you and you in turn are defined by these personality choices and perspectives. The common wisdom is �" your subjective consciousness, the idea of ‘I Am’, is not a purely physical realism. This sense of ‘I’ is filtered through multiplicity of conflicting elements within mind consciousness, which are intangibles and it is expressed through brain’s mechanism, which is tangible. This ‘I’ is essentially an emergent and virtual agency, which acts like a virtual bridge between the tangibles and intangibles. That is why the consciousness, the sense of ‘I Am’, sways between the seven layers of consciousnesses, defined cyclically by seven elements of personality.

Modern social sciences maintain there are seven drives or instinctive intangibles within consciousness. They are : 1. Sensation 2. Emotion/Feeling 3. Impulse/Desire 4. Imagination 5. Thought 6. Intuition & 7. Will. The sense of ‘I Am’ presides over all these seven instinctive drives. These elements themselves function within a consciousness as sub-personalities. A consciousness is defined by the elements it allows to dominate itself. The element in turn starts defining the consciousness. The personality of the ‘I’ shall be what a dominant element desires. A woman with predominance of element of imagination may be a good poetess, writer or a painter and naturally, her personality shall evolve in a way it is culturally commensurate for an artist. Suitably, she shall attract all such elements from external milieu, which aids and enhances her dominant choice of the element of imagination. Therefore, the element shall start defining her perspectives and personality. Her personality shall be the sub-conscious decider of her consciousness. Even her inner culture shall draw those elements from societal cultures, which are of the same color, which her consciousness is. That is why probably her divinity shall also draw elements from her dominant element of imagination. Her consciousness defines her perspectives and in turn, her perspectives start shaping her consciousness. Divinity is a culture within her consciousness and its elements. So, we can see how ‘causalities’ are created and define everythingness.

In India’s most revered spiritual book, Geeta, the Krishna, who is accepted as the incarnation of Vishnu, the God of nurturance and stabilization, says �" ‘He who seeks me in whichever disposition, I meet him in the same facilitative consciousness’. This is the most impacting and futuristic expression of divinity ever made. This speaks of the critical idea of ‘Causality’. Vishnu, the most popular and dominant God in Hindu religious traditions accepts something, which is what modern science keeps telling people about the core idea of divinity. What Vishnu says means �" ‘Divinity is the idealism of consciousnesses. It is a facility, a functional superposition of consciousness, which is the ultimate arriving for all subjective consciousnesses. Divinity is the dissolution of all dualisms and ultimate destination of all journeying consciousnesses, where all seven elements of consciousnesses merge into a singular super consciousness.’

Subjective consciousnesses of individuals are split between seven elements of consciousnesses. This dualism makes them confused and conflicted. This subjective consciousness, in its dualism and resultant conflict fails to see that divinity is nothing external to its consciousness, it is a realism within. As the ‘I Am’ feeling is conflicted and in a flux of dualism, his or her consciousness engenders the divide for him or her. He or she thinks, his or her God is some entity or function outside her faculties. The un-arrived and dualistic consciousness shall always seek divinity, his or her personal God outside her consciousness. The consciousness then unravels its own artistry of marvel and magic. It starts drawing similar elements from outside physical milieu and culture. If consciousness accepts the intangible element of divinity as outside entity, the subconscious layers of consciousnesses starts aligning with all similar and generic tangibles from the milieu and culture. You are what your perspectives are and your perspectives make what you are. Therefore, divinity when accepted as outside entity, engenders all external rituals and cultural necessities.

Arriving is all about mind training to lead the consciousness to a certain positioning or situationalism of complete reception, where all dualisms end. In all religions, the divinity tells people �" ‘Stop seeing me, you shall see’, ‘stop searching me, you shall find’. Now, there are semantic conflations also in these words, apart from the dualism, which is purely a mind and consciousness positioning. One feels the dualism in the lines as it says to ‘stop’ doing something for its ‘fruition’. We must understand why there is no dualism in it.

The simple idea is, you and me cannot find or search God or love. It is there in whatever shape, color or positioning irrespective of our semantic and mental confusion about what and how God and love is. We get God and love not by finding or searching for it but by stopping doing it as, this leads us to be assimilated in God and Love, as both are in everything and everywhere. And the most important fact is that what we are searching and looking outside in the domain of mysticism and marvel is actually our own consciousness or its expressions. You actually stop the dualism and conflict, the moment you stop looking outside. At this state of your consciousness, dualism stops and non-dualism is arrived at. The divinity is identified with and the super consciousness expresses this realism in the poorly designed human words of ‘I Am God’.

Both science and ancient wisdom talk about a singular facility, which leads us to this super consciousness, where ‘I Am God’ expression becomes a realism. This intangible element is called ‘Will’. Will as an intangible element of consciousness grows like a seed in the soil of the subjective sense of ‘I Am’. The ultimate destination of this growth and personal evolution is expressed in terms of ‘I Am God’. This will is evolved in stages and each stage deals with another set of intangible. The evolution of will also goes through seven stages of personal growth. These seven stages are �"

  1. Innocence/Humility
  2. Purpose/Utility
  3. Deliberation/Self-exploration
  4. Decision/Judgment
  5. Affirmation/Acceptance
  6. Planning/Readiness
  7. Implementation/Arriving.

It has to be understood that ‘Will’ affects the evolution of the higher personality, not the sub-personalities. A whole range of intangibles like concentration, determination, patience, perseverance, courage, discipline, mastery, artistry, intensity, power, organization, integration, and synthesis are required for the process of evolution of the Will.

If you match these seven intangibles with the first classification of seven elements, owned by different deities, you can easily understand, how cyclical this causality of dualism is. These elements are similar. This reflects the realism that divinity is an intangible mechanism of reaching your own potential as consciousness. This sums up as why, a consciousness, when arrives at the optimality of his or her potential as a consciousness, he or she reaches and merges with the singularity and here, ‘I’ is ‘Divinity’ �" this realism is �" ‘I Am God’.

**

CHAPTER 3

Understanding Specificity In Detail

Much has changed, especially in the last decade, in the domain of human wisdom of ‘self’, which expresses itself in such ways that creates all entities in life and living. Much has changed as science has now begun to understand well enough this mystery of how our brain works and creates this sense of ‘I’ or ‘Me’ or the ‘Self’. Science says, we and as our brain creates realities for us, essentially are ‘Love-Belief-Systems’.

Now, we need to understand this idea of ‘Love-Belief-Systems’. When we see and accept our life-living realism and even our own ‘self’ or sense of ‘I’ from the new millennium perspective of ‘Love-Belief-Systems’, we shall stand truly empowered. The core idea behind this hypothesis of ‘Love-Belief-Systems’ is �" human brain, which engenders ‘I’ or this subjective sense of ‘Me’, ‘Mine’, ‘They’, ‘Their’, etc, works on the basis of an algorithm, which we can broadly list as ‘Beliefs’. We are essentially what we believe and feel as something ‘true and right’ for us. If I am ABC, then ABC is essentially the XYZ beliefs that it has. This algorithm of ‘beliefs’ is a complicated mechanism and it is difficult how it is created and works for us. However, what we can do here is accept it as a function of something called ‘specificity’.

Brain and its working with algorithm is an intangible mechanism. Brain does not hold tangible elements like apple, mango and strawberry. It only holds images, in terms of electro-chemical and neuro-chemical impulses. Therefore, what it accepts for its algorithm design is ‘specificity’. Specificity is the ‘intangible’ outcome or functional feel of the interaction of two or more tangible things…

Let us understand ‘specificity’ in terms of what we all can in easy way �" that is LOVE. Love is also a ‘specificity’ of tangible elements, which brain accepts for its algorithmic tasking. Science says, you see a person, which is tangible, you see the physical and other tangible elements in him or her. You talk, you get to know, etc. All these elements of tangibility interact with brain’s already wired ‘Belief System’, which then creates an emotion, which is physical feedstock to your brain, in terms of tangible chemical signals. These then create a ‘Specificity’ �" The Feeling of LOVE.

Love, as ‘specificity’ is not tangible or a material with any physicality. However, Love is the intangible ‘specificity’ of interaction of tangible elements, conveyed to brain with tangible system of hormones and other chemical-neural impulses.

Like love, in our life and living, our own consciousness is expressed as intangible ‘specificity’ of tangibles, which is a mechanism of what we earlier termed as ‘Love-Belief-System’. This specificity can also be understood in terms of ‘Vector-Realism’, about which we have already talked.

The process of making of consciousness, which stays with us lifelong, starts even when we are in mother’s womb. The sense of ‘self’ or to say, the question as ‘who I am’, starts to take shape when in womb, a child gets the feel of sounds and vibrations around. The unconscious mind of child starts accepting these elements of his immediate milieu as part of its homeostasis requirements. Homeostasis, in common person’s definition is a body-mind requirement of survival of the body. We have already talked about homeostasis. Science admits; a newborn child is designed to be born as a genius. It readies itself for the environment outside the womb by imbibing the signals it receives inside the womb. That is why; modern couples start the education of their kids well in the womb itself.

From the day first, the human child is instinctively loaded with one facility, which helps him or her evolve his or her ‘self’ �" the subjective consciousness. This facility is instinctive inquisitiveness �" the insatiable inclination to know and then imbibe it as part of what we call his ‘Love-Belief-System’. The animals also learn and survive by accepting what their mother does. This aping is primary wired algorithm of ‘Love-Belief-System’. This desire also seems to be a beautiful expression of the homeostasis mechanism of body-mind consciousness. The mind can maintain poise only when it incessantly updates information about the surrounding environment and makes prompt decisions about the utility of these information for maintaining homeostasis. Human brain, since its inception begins to write its algorithms, by accepting, loving and believing in what he or she finds suited to its survival. So, a mother majorly shapes whether a new born shall remain a non-vegetarian or a vegetarian for life. The kid simply falls in love with whatever his or her mother feeds him or her as it is his/her survival/homeostatic need.

It is here the trouble seems to start for humanity. The need to know, to survive and excel, since infant stage, exposes the nascent mind to loads of multiplicity of information in the larger environment. As subconscious mind of the child starts to accept, love and adopt most of them as ‘essential’ for his homeostasis, he or she becomes unconsciously predisposed to these information and they become part of his or her larger consciousness, which science refers to as ‘Love-Belief-System’.

When science says, ‘You are in your perspectives and your perspectives are in you’ it is essentially a reference to the mechanism of this ‘Love-Belief-System’. You are majorly what your ‘Love-Belief-System’ shapes you since infant stage, or even when in womb. That is why, science also warns �" The true empowerment and maturity comes when a person ‘unlearns’ and ‘prunes’ from his ‘Love-Belief-System’, those elements, beliefs and loves, which are antithetical to social peace, harmony and personal wellness. Unlearning is always the key element of empowerment and maturity.

Even before a child grows up to become an adult, he or she already accepts thousands of beliefs. However, most of these beliefs are based on his or her personal and subjective interpretations of experiences, inferences, assumptions, probabilities, deductions, inductions, and loads of oversimplifications, which the subconscious mind is expert at making. Most of these beliefs are very much part of the subconscious mind and continue to present themselves as potent referrals for conscious mind even years after. We all have heard people saying, an adult’s love is very much a reflection of what he or she got in childhood. We all know, a love-deficit childhood engenders an adult with troubled love life.

All these beliefs, which a child acquires, form part of the ‘self’, the subjective consciousness, about which we always keep asking question as ‘who I am’. Our subconscious mind starts building an image of ‘self’ and this process expresses itself in mystically intangible ways. We unconsciously start extending the limits of our ‘self-image’ in things and beliefs around us. It starts with we identifying with our body first, then with our mind, our family, friends, neighbors, teachers, partners, the special someone and later with our career, assets, ethnicity, nationality, gender etc. As we grow in life, we identify more with ideas and issues, fall in love with our beliefs and dogmatically refuse to test their validity and righteousness, as is common with lovers. All these are expression of our ‘self’, the consciousness.

We adopt our ‘Love-Beliefs’ in our minds and guard them very ferociously as if they were part of our ‘self’. We fight for our people and beliefs like we fight for our dear life and well-being. It is because, they are part of our self and anything against them threatens our homeostasis, making us react fiercely. This is mystical. We may think, we are fighting for the cause of our dear ones or dear beliefs but essentially, we are fighting for our own survival, which is expressed in terms of homeostasis. The mechanism of ‘Love-Belief-System’ does his for us.

We all know how people feel so strongly about their family, loved ones, ethnicity and nationality. People go to the extent of sacrificing their lives for the dear cause of family and even nation. It is very simple to understand why people do not think twice, giving up their lives for lovers and even something as vague as loss of their favorite football club. People commit suicide even when their favorite pop star falls from stairs and hurts him or her seriously.

This is no joke. These incidents somehow are very intense and as most people accept it as something seriously threatening their ‘self �" their very homeostasis wellness, they feel, their very survival is threatened. The reaction can be very disproportionate and precarious. They often are in love! Now, when we have entered a new millennium of wisdom and reason, which unravel to us the mysteries of consciousness, we need to know and be guarded about how our brain system works and creates realities for us.

Scientific observation accepts that our being self-aware is a product of knowledge.  Knowledge is an intangible. Experience on the one hand is a material characteristic of our organism.  Knowledge on the other hand is the intangible contents (information) found in the ‘Specificity’ of physical relationships in the brain.  Knowledge is at least in part supported by the same brain states that are experiential.  The situation is this: If we did not have knowledge, then we would not know of our experience and if there were no experience then we would not experience our knowledge.

This leads us to a very insightful notion of ‘Specificity’. Somehow, as evolving men and women, we need to accept that every stage of human evolution is defined by a ‘milieu’ or what we may refer to as ‘ideational-time/space’. This we can safely accept as ‘Specificity’ of realism, which defines and shapes the ‘collective unconscious’, the archetypes or what we know as memes. Our subconscious then is shaped up by the memes. As subconscious rules 95% of our behavior and actions, we can see how we all are designed and defined by this notion of ‘Specificity’.

Broadly, specificity is about zeroing down, settling for exactness, pin-pointing to a singularity, or simply, deciphering the single largest ‘affector’ of a realism. We all understand how difficult this task of seeking ‘exactness’ is. We have already talked about how our brain hallucinates realism. How our past experiences stored in subconscious and collective unconscious (called memes) affect our perceptions of realism. We already know how our body-mind design is actually the primary reason making us fail in installing this exactness or specificity. But then, the beauty of science is in scaling something, which is tough and transient, yet amenable to structured interpretation.

As humans, we rely heavily on our language as communication tool to express ourselves in ‘definitive terms’. The humanly designed words, we feel are our best tools for exactness and specificity. This is biggest misnomer and the hypocrisy of primary intent. Why?

Primarily, when our own body-mind mechanism is so infested with dualistic consciousness, we seldom perceive reality as it is. How can then we design something of exactness. Naturally, our languages and words are only a very poor means of transference of our intents and perceptions. That is why it is said, most societies and cultures are infested with conflicts and confusion and majority of societal and cultural troubles are only Semantic �" emanating out of difference of perceptions in meanings and intents we ascribe to wordings.

Secondly, languages we speak are for external milieus. They are at best a poor tool for societal and collective space for facilitating interactive needs. Language is okay when I talk to you. However, there is a language of our body and mind, which we do not know and has only begun to decipher. The language our cell speaks to other cell, our tissues speak to nerve cells, our sensory organs speak to our brain are all beyond our own designed words and languages. They speak chemical and electrical languages, most of us are not even aware of. It is only recently that we have begun to know how our Liver speaks to Pancreas when the blood stream speaks to it about sugar content. We simply know about something called diabetes but seldom care for ‘Exactness’, the Specificity of the mechanism. Most importantly, the ‘Genetic Expression’, which is core and critical for our survival and proliferation is a language, scientists have only just begun to fathom. These molecular languages are what we are talking about �" the Specificity.

Therefore, in future, in the coming years, those, who truly wish to stand empowered and evolved, need to delve deep into this notion of specificity. The idea if specificity also helps us in improving the efficacy of our inter-personal interactions. When we understand how molecular communication or genetic expressions have to work with needle-point precision to enable us survive on daily basis. When we understand how a miniscule deviation or aberration in molecular communication or genetic expressions can kill us, or already killing us in plenty, we become aware as how poorly we express and communicate through our words and languages we have designed. We rather seldom care before speaking. We never think of and plan for the needle-point precision of ‘specificity’ (exactness) in our languages and communications. It is only very natural that we live in societies and cultures, where everyone and everything is misunderstood or un-understood, causing hell loads of chaos, confusion and conflicts…

Someone said, ‘The most rewarding feeling of life and living is the assurance that I am understood’. Probably right! Why? Because, most people have this inner realization that either they are hypocritical or unclear in their communication and expression. Therefore they are always skeptical about whether they are being understood or not. It is probably because we have not bothered to master the craft of ‘specificity’ in our life and living.

This is the language of future of humanity. A brilliant scientist, Stephen William Hawking said that future of humanity rested with molecular biology and artificial intelligence. It is the new language of specificity that would shape new human, evolved by controlled human design. If we do not master the artistry of the linguistic excellence of Specificity, we decay and dissipate. We do not survive and excel.

**

 

 

 

CHAPTER 4

Understanding Homeostasis In Detail

Scientific evidences maintain that ageing is 30 percent gene function and 70 percent lifestyle choices. Homeostasis decides it all. Anthropologists say, more than 100,000 years ago when hunting and gathering were the primary economic activities, humankind was in a homeostatic equilibrium with the natural environment. We have lost it way back.

Global researches confirm that the aggregate levels of happiness and well being are not appreciably higher now than they were at the end of World War II (1945), even though per capita income has increased by several hundred percent and in all aspects of life and living, we are now many times better off and comfortable.

It is not that these are stupid data or findings of a science lab, which we are not aware of. It surely looks like we all feel it but cannot say why? We all somehow promptly confirm, something is hugely amiss around us, but when it comes to pinpointing it, we have trouble. Be it our body, mind, family system, society at large, cultures, nations or global order, we all feel, things are not the way it needs to be and there is something small or big, which we are missing, which makes us uncomfortable, missing the desired wellness.

It is not that humanity is not doing anything about all this. There are researches going on. Lots of money and intellect are being invested to know exactly what and why. However, somehow, it is not such a complicated thing that an individual, busy in his or her life and living blues cannot understand and answer. It is indeed a simple common sense, which humanity, some thousands of years back could fathom and point out.

The explanation about the idea of homeostasis is scientific and it needs expert knowledge. That is why I accept that most things about the concept of homeostasis, I have taken from what experts have said. Even most of the words in the following paragraphs, about homeostasis are that of the experts, not truly mine. I surely cannot explain it in layman’s terms as it shall not be appropriate.

Science says, homeostasis allows the body to adapt to a wide variety of environments, both internally and externally. In order for the body to maintain healthy, it needs to remain in a state of balance, homeostasis. When the body is unable to maintain homeostasis, disease often ensues. A great many factors can affect the body in such a way as to throw off homeostasis. Stress is one of these many factors. As is commonly known, stress on the body can induce both physical and psychological changes in the body.

Science says, while the body is able to adjust to natural changes within the body, and generally without (temperature changes, etc), it cannot adjust to activities which we subject ourselves to. Smoking promotes changes within the body which homeostasis has no control over. It cannot defend against the harmful effects of smoking, drinking alcohol in excess, or depriving our bodies of necessary sleep and nutrients. Poor dietary habits can take a toll on the body for which homeostasis can do nothing to recover balance.

What is important is to know that disease and cellular malfunction can be caused in two basic ways: either, deficiency (cells not getting all they need) or toxicity (cells being poisoned by things they do not need). Contemporary environment and lifestyle choices are doing both at the same time and that too very badly. In our fast-paced lives and peer-pressured race for unending marathon of instant-self-gratifications, we are not only depriving our bodies of the basic needs for survival but also adding hell lot of toxicity than our bodies could handle. Survival is all about homeostasis in nature as well as nurture domains. Tragically, we live in a cluttered milieu and annihilated nature as well as nurture.

Now, it is crucial to understand and accept, how in our drift and flux lives, we are actually killing our homeostasis, which in turn is creating havoc with our life-living wellness and personal excellence. It is so very important to understand and accept that in addition to the internal control mechanisms, there are external influences based primarily on lifestyle choices and environmental exposures that influence our body's ability to maintain cellular health. They are:

Nutrition: If your diet is lacking in a specific vitamin or mineral your cells will function poorly, possibly resulting in a disease condition. Usually people take overdose of macro nutrients like carbohydrate, protein and fat but seldom nourish their bodies with micronutrients like vitamins and very important minerals which are key elements for homeostasis and homoeostatic regulation. We need to understand, a deficiency of even a nondescript mineral called zinc could create havoc with body homeostasis. Equally crucial are potassium, calcium, phosphorus, etc. Balanced diet in today’s fast-paced life is most crucial requirement and this is what most people ignore. It needs to be reminded that in contemporary clutter culture, the mass media, pep psychologists, markets and celebrities are all spreading inappropriate and extrapolated information about not only right food and right diet but almost all aspects of life-living choices. That is why there is that overload of confusion about what is right and good for us. We need to stop and check things for our wellness.

Toxins: Any substance that interferes with cellular function, causing cellular malfunction are toxins. This is done through a variety of ways; chemical, plant, insecticides, and/or bites. A commonly seen example of this is drug overdoses. When a person takes too much of a drug their vital signs begin to waver; either increasing or decreasing, these vital signs can cause problems including coma, brain damage and even death. As per latest info, an average American has 12 prescriptions a year. All over the globe, average people too are taking far many medicines than necessary. In America, more people die of prescription drugs than any other single disease. Moreover, the toxins in the environment in major cities are major culprits of homeostasis. The air we breathe, especially in bigger cities is calamitous. The food we eat is so much laced with harmful chemicals, pesticides and adulteration that every day we are adding loads of toxins in our bodies. The toxicity has already penetrated to genes and dangerous mutations are devastating next generation.

Psychological: Your physical health and mental health are inseparable. Our thoughts and emotions cause chemical changes to take place either for better as with meditation, or worse as with stress. Our hormones, which are agents of homeostasis, get hugely affected by our mind state and lifestyle choices. The psychological factors are the most crucial ones in degrading homeostasis. It has been found that in modern living spaces, most diseases have psychological reasons which finally take the shape of psychosomatic diseases. They get listed in broad classification of lifestyle diseases, which are the largest killers and cripplers of humanity in contemporary clutter culture. It has been clearly stated that when in a mind state of chaos and confusion or state of extremities, the hormones of the body get very poorly affected. As homeostasis is largely a function of hormonal interplay in the body, volatility of hormones causes havoc with homeostatic balance. This calamity is cyclic.

Physical: Physical maintenance is essential for our cells and bodies. Adequate rest, sunlight, and exercise are examples of physical mechanisms for influencing homeostasis. Lack of sleep is related to a number of ailments such as irregular cardiac rhythms, fatigue, anxiety and headaches. It is the most common trouble of clutter culture. In a zeal to multitask, remain ever-connected and be in ever-happy mode, people are not only not sleeping enough hours but have also become victims of disturbed sleep. People generally believe that a walk in the evening or morning is sufficient. It is not. If you understand human evolution, you can easily understand how much physical labour is required for the maintenance of body balance. This natural body homeostasis was disturbed 10,000 years back when humans developed farming and started living a settled life. Consider what sort of life we lead. A good game of tennis, half an hour of swimming daily or some good running is the bare minimum we need. However, it also has to accept that rest and work go hand in hand. Either of the two is a recipe of disaster.

Genetic/Reproductive: Inheriting strengths and weaknesses can be part of our genetic makeup. Genes are sometimes turned off or on due to external factors which we can have some control over, but at other times little can be done to correct or improve genetic diseases.

Medical: Because of genetic differences some bodies need help in gaining or maintaining homeostasis. Through modern medicine our bodies can be given different props, but the potential for harmful effects is present. Most drugs have side effects and inappropriate drug administration is commonplace. Whether by infections, or wrong dosage of medication, homeostasis can be altered by that which is trying to fix it. Trial and error with medications can cause potential harmful reactions and possibly death, if not caught soon enough.

The factors listed above all have their effects at the cellular level, whether harmful or beneficial. It also has to be understood that the homeostasis imbalance in one system out of many body systems alone can cause other systems under stress as all systems are linked. We need to understand various body systems, which are related with each other for well-being. So, if our digestive system is in poor homeostasis, other systems like respiratory system or circulatory system also becomes stressed.

This however is not all about this very crucial realism of homeostasis. Homeostasis is not only about biological or physiological; it has wider manifestations. There are a growing number of economists, psychologists and other social scientists that have become interested in research on the determinants of wellness and happiness. It has been found after years of rigorous researches that individuals achieve a higher state of well being and happiness when they are in a homeostatic equilibrium, in larger sense of the term. This equilibrium state has physical, emotional, psychological, spiritual and environmental dimensions. Behavior adjusts to restore the individual to homeostatic equilibrium through a combination of physical, emotional, behavioral and psychological adjustments. This behavioral readjustment is known as Allostasis.

It is now beyond doubt that when people are in a nurturing and free environment where there is trust, stability, good health, a satisfactory work environment, companionship with friends and family, people are generally happy and have a strong sense of well being. This represents the attainment of a homeostatic equilibrium at the environmental social, emotional and psychological levels.

However, overall homeostatic poise is not a permanent realism. Throughout their lives, people experience excitations to this equilibrium. Some of these excitations may be positive �" a better job, promotion, birth of a child, marriage, movement to a better and more desirable living environment, greater security and trust, development of a more well integrated social life, exercise and more robust health, enjoyment of hobbies, friends and family, and so on. This would lead to a higher level of well being as the individual moves to a new homeostatic equilibrium. On the other hand, a downward displacement from a homeostatic equilibrium would lead to a lower level of well being.

Experts say, it is interesting that at a more fundamental level, the underlying model and motivations that drive behavior in a model of homeostatic and Allostatic adjustment are different from the maximizing calculus (instant-self-gratification) of microeconomic theory. Rather than decision being motivated by purely cognitive factors, the adjustment mechanism that drives behaviors in the case of homeostasis, involves a combination of cognitive as well as emotional imperatives.

This is interesting. Researches maintain that incomes do matter; comfort has a role in wellness but only till a stage. As wellness is a function of wider homeostasis, which includes factors, which are not only cognitive but also emotional, a person is in complete wellness when there is a balance between the cognitive factors such as income, wealth, comfort, leisure and health as well as emotional factors such as trust, security, integration with family-friends-colleagues, connectivity, stability, sense of desirability and spiritual purpose, etc.

Research confirmed that across geographies and ethnicity, people have shown the general tendency to move towards restoration of this homeostasis in case of a major shift away from it. This clearly suggests, like our biological system, homeostasis is our natural and desirable state of being, in all aspects of our life and living choices and there is a natural and instinctive urge to restore it. We are designed to act and behave in a way to return to set point of poise.

However, what is very important to understand and accept here is that even as most behavior and actions of average people are aimed at attaining or restoring this crucial overall homeostasis, the actual choices depend mostly on how an individual subjectively perceives his or her life situation and what emotions shape or guide his or her choices. For example, a man, even in poor health, may opt for working more hours in office, instead of taking proper rest, if he perceives that he needs more money for better education of his kids. This leads us to this very important topic of how we all do risky behaviors, even when we are all wired to seek our overall homeostasis equilibrium.

We have explained earlier that you are in your perspective and your perspective is in you. This means, what and how an individual perceives his or her actual and real life situation can be very subjective. This reflects on the very common life-living situation of loneliness. We are as lonely as we think we are. Similar is the realism with our perception about all things and life situations. This subjectivism of cognition is what we are talking about as we delve into this crucial subject as why people do loads of risky behavior, which we see all around in contemporary clutter culture.

Scientists say, risky behavior supports the hypothesis that a failure to adapt to losses or to attain an expected gain, to restore the homeostatic equilibrium induces risk seeking. Most kinds of risk seeking behaviors can be interpreted as a desire to return to an equilibrium level of wealth or any other parameter. This motivation is particularly strong when losses are involved. It is because sense of loss has more emotional impact than the sense of gain. This suggests, emotional inputs have larger subjective impact on perceptions and choices. Therefore, after a gain, many gamblers may take greater risks, guided by the emotion of larger gain. However, some gamblers may take a bigger risk, even when they lose, as they may be led by desperation to win at any cost.

This aspect of the relationship between risks and the homeostatic equilibrium relates to behavior that has been dubbed risk homeostasis. This behavior implies that there is an optimum or equilibrium level of risk that people are generally comfortable with. If this is true, then efforts to decrease risk may be met by riskier behavior. For example, when highways are designed to be safer, drivers increase their speed and take more risks and the accident rate remain at previous levels when highways were not safer. So, the finality of all behaviors depends on subjective sense of perception of realism.

Scientists say, this interpretation is crucial to understanding the variety of and huge amount of risky behaviors that we all see around us in our modern living environment. All around us, there are people, of all age groups, taking far too many risks that seem quite contrary to the belief that people in general have this intuitive inclination to move back to homeostatic balance. But, it has to be understood that any cognitive factor of wellness is also subject to emotional interpretation. Like; income and wealth as a key cognitive factor for wellness is important but only up to a limit after which it rather has negative impact. But, what actually is the optimum level of income and wealth is a subjective and emotional decision, given also the fact that we all live in a modern environment where income and wealth disparities are huge. Only 5 percent of global population owns 95 percent of wealth. This contemporary clutter culture has loads of such chaos, conflict and confusion, which irrationally affect choices of behaviors.

In such an environment, decision-making is more tilted towards emotional rather than logical. Scientists confirm that this cognitive-conundrum is biological, part of our body-mind mechanism, which we have already stated. Science says, confusion and chaos makes one emotional in thinking and value-summation as limbic system is activated. So, emotions make the fine-line between optimum and maximum blurred. This prompts risky behavior, even though, the behavior is towards restoring the homeostatic equilibrium.

In modern environment, there is a sense of relative safety and stability. This also prompts people to take more risks in creating wellness. Then, people have their own levels of emotional value-summation. A person may react very deeply and heavily if divorced and start taking risky behaviors, another may move on. So, individual reaction to homeostasis requirements and allostatic corrections may vary.

Understanding the dynamics of homeostasis and its functional mechanisms give us great insight as we can understand our own internal design of things and external environmental factors that have the potential to disturb our balance and poise of life. Balance in modern environment is something so rare but this is what we all need to have. That’s why, understanding this poise in all aspects of life and living can help. It should.

This entire lengthy discussion on homeostasis was aimed at knowing and accepting the two core facts. First scientific fact is �" the contemporary clutter culture is a dysfunctional and debilitating realism as it makes most of us land in chaos, conflict and confusion. This in turn lands us in a charged up emotional state affecting our logical and appropriate decision-making, as it blurs our perceptions about actualism of realism. The clutter culture affects our consciousness negatively and this in turn affects our cognition. Naturally, affected consciousness and illogical cognitions throws us in the deep oceans of bad and calamitous causality.

Second core fact emanates out of the first. That is; when the crucial 3Cs �" Consciousness, Cognition and Causality are hit by another 3Cs �" Chaos, Conflict and Confusion, we begin to lose the sense of appropriateness of self-awareness, self-control and self-actualization. That is why we begin to perceive some good and right things as bad and wrong and the vice-versa. This perception about the worth and utility of loneliness as some bad and wrong thing comes out of that situation, which most of us find ourselves deep into.

**

 

 

 

CHAPTER 5

Understanding Neuroplasticity In Detail

Let me tell you a story. Twin boys were born to a couple. One of them was healthy and normal but another had congenital heart trouble. The doctors declared that the unhealthy boy shall not survive long as his weak heart shall not allow him to see his third birthday.

The couple was strong and they decided to make everything count for the abnormal boy. They believed in their abilities and resolve. They took great care of this boy and made him live a life, which consciously consisted of all healthy efforts and practices. This abnormal boy had no choice as he did what his parents made him to. Destiny sure was changed as this boy lived for 80 long years, living within his limitations, but surely evolving everyday to attain in life what a normal person could.

However, his healthy brother, who was supposed to be normal and under no limitations, died at the age of 22. He was killed in a motorcycle accident, when trying to race it beyond reasonable limits. The couple believed this normal child was good enough to care for himself and therefore spared little attention for him. He was a mainstream person and lived a life even he didn’t choose for himself!

This is a metaphor of what plasticity is all about and how it writes its own beautiful script of life, which the decisive destiny makes no provision of. Neuroplasticity is a term, which has similar connotation, which we all must understand and accept as potent tool to override our destinies, adding all those beautifully endowed shades of life and living experiences, which destinies make little provision of.

Neoroplasticity is a term given to a mechanism, which is about physiological changes actually happenings in the brain states, brought about by mind consciousness. It refers to changes in neural pathways and synapses owing to changes in behavior, environment, neural processes, thinking, and emotions, as well as to changes resulting from bodily injury.

This is very real yet seems so magical and mystical. This shows how brilliant yet so complex and mesmerizing our body-mind mechanism is. What this magic is all about? The magic and marvel is about how the intangible elements of our life-living experiences become so powerful that they actually bring about tangible changes in the brain. The intangibles are behavior, emotions, thinking, attitude, orientation, resolve, etc. These intangibles are about our personal choices of conscious mind, which we put in place in our lives for certain desirable destiny. And, our brain responds to that. Sure, this stupid called brain is wayward and likes to be in the comfort of inertia, if we choose to be in the drift of our subconscious minds. However, the same brain becomes our great facilitator friend, the moment our conscious mind takes control and invests rightly in the intangibles. This as we now know, is a process called neuroplasticity, which signifies that destinies can be changed and this happens by actual and physiological changes in our brains.

In contemporary world, especially the developed societies, people are growingly accepting the realism that mind is the centre of all realism. The realism, we think as something external to us, in our pop belief, designing our destinies is a huge misnomer. The reality is �" everything is engendered within us and we see only their images in the external world. What truly matters to us are not the tangibles but the intangibles.

Life is about plasticity, destinies we all have and end up with are about plasticity. That is probably why we have our brains, which also has plasticity. The neurons do it for us.

We cannot change things; we primarily cannot even know what needs to be changed. We cannot because, as science says, we buoy up and down in the vast ocean of sub-consciousness for most of our lives, only occasionally surfacing on the environment of consciousness. This happens to most of us and is surely aggrandized in those who live a life of drift and flux because of deep indulgence in the clutter culture, mad multitasking and instant self-gratification. We need to stop, keep away from this drift and think about self in a qualitative leisurely state of positive solitude about what changes we need to bring in our lives for our wellness. We then have to consciously bring in those relevant intangibles in our mind consciousness, which can effect physiological changes in our brains. This shall institutionalize wellness and goodness in our lives.

Millions of people all over the world have been into this meditation. Meditation is nothing but a conscious choice of our minds, to physically keep away from those tangible elements in our external milieus, which are causing drift and flux in our lives. And then, with practice, meditative loneliness consciously brings about the intangibles into our mind consciousness. Gradually, as our brains build up new and facilitative neural pathways and synapses, we begin to feel the joys and satisfaction of the true wellness and happiness. The brain changes physiologically and gets aligned to the actual wellness and happiness.

The human mind, the functional mechanism of brain structures, has instinctive mechanism to universalize goodness as well as evil. What we feed in it is not its concern. This is the role of intellect. The intellect is the intangible faculty to be in control of the instinctive as well as the culturally learnt behaviors, to objectively assess all life-living choices with holistic logic.

The universe has not put us where we are today with any specific purpose of designed goodness. We have to design our purpose. As we repeat this objective mind training to our brain, the objective goodness would spread all throughout its neural circuitry. The notion of neuroplasticity says that brain can actually create new pathways to institutionalize this objective goodness. And then, we won’t have to think twice to perform goodness, as it would then become an instinct, and thus an involuntary mechanism, like a hand moving away involuntarily as it touches fire.

It has to be understood and accepted with all humility and compassion that a real good human is not one who needs to think and then behave and act good. Rather, it is one who does not have to think, as all his behaviors and actions are instinctively bound to be good. We don’t consciously remember when we drive a car or cook a meal as it is instinctive, even when they were once learned behaviors. Objective goodness is also learned behavior. But when we repeatedly practice it, it becomes instinctive.

Neuroplasticity is also about this objective intellect. It is about consciously aligning with desirable intangibles of life and then practice them with mindfulness of higher consciousness, helped by meditation. This then becomes structured in our brains. This means, goodness and wellness is no more our choice, but it has become an auto-mode virtue, an option-less absoluteness for us.

**

 

 

CHAPTER 6:

Understanding ‘I-Mortality’ In Detail

We are about to deal with an idea, which has its origin over 3000 years back. It sure is tough to visualize a time that far in history but can understand it and feel it in our consciousness. It was time when there were very few people around and naturally, the level of proximity and intimacy between them was far deeper than today. The nature then was wilder and far more intense and people had to always remain in high awareness state to pre-conceive and pre-empt any probability that threatened their survival. Naturally, we can safely presume that average people had their consciousness in ‘Entropy-Expansion’ mode. In such world and life, it becomes so much easy and available to observe even the most intangible of feelings, emotions, ideas, patterns and structures.

Our early ancestors had little distractions of modern and contemporary life. As population pressure on natural resources was very little and needs of life were few, they probably had sufficient quality leisure time. The poise they had within and utility they accepted of this precious leisure, led them to be keen observers of every little thing around. They had to because in tough natural state, survival depended on ‘Aware-I’ mode life-living. They could decipher a design, a pattern, a ‘causality’ in almost everything that happened or presented themselves to them.

Humans have the most developed facility of observance and imagination. These two innate facilities made our ancestors decipher so many patterns in the nature and in their lives. They started to put them into actionable ideas. It is also very natural and we all even today do the same. Those were days, when our ancestors only had the human tools of observations and imaginations as means of corroboration. However, they had the genius to engender such ideas, which were self-evident and self-corroborative in their immediate milieus. They beautifully picked up symbols and metaphors from nature to elaborate and substantiate their ideas. They are part of philosophic and spiritual traditions but actually, they also happen to be the crude resource for scientific enquiry and substantiation. The core philosophy is based not on ideas, which modern contemporary world can label as pure imagination of idle and primitive minds. They can be accepted as observations of realisms, present in the cosmic mechanism and in the microcosm of human lives and their social living by people, who had the most receptive mind consciousness. That is why the core philosophy seems so self-evident and self-corroborative. The core idea emanates out of a realism, which is finality even today and shall always remain the ultimate finality. This finality is mortality, which we shall discuss here in spiritual-philosophical mode but has scientific insinuations.

To internalize the idea and utility of ‘Mortality’, we need to put aside our consciousness, which is so used to popular modern ideas and benchmarks. It is a popular way of thinking that death is the end. Classical spiritual philosophy accepted it as the beginning of life. The core Indian philosophy starts with finality as the initiation of all ideas of life. That is why it is self-evident and self-corroborative. Our worthy ancestors could decipher that even in the definitive and inevitable pattern of mortality; there was overall continuity and immortality, which permeated in the milieus around them. They could decipher that in nature, there were elements, which remained continuous and immortal in totality, even while part of it decayed in cyclic mechanism.

This masterly observation was made available to the genius of imagination and it could be unraveled to them that every life on earth too had core elements, which were continuous and immortal, even when part of it decayed in time. This core observation engendered the idea of two distinct but simultaneous elements of the cosmic realism �" the mortal and discontinuous and; the immortal and continuous. They also discovered that within human life too, the same twin elements existed. The body was mortal and aligned to discontinuous cosmic elements but the elemental consciousness deep within was immortal and aligned with continuous elements.

The subjective feeling of me, the self as distinct and different from other human being was just a virtual bridge between the twin realisms of mortality and immortality. This core idea became the cornerstone of a philosophy, which is enshrined in the cardinal Indian spiritual system. The yoga philosophy also adheres to this core idea. Yoga in ancient Indian language of Sanskrit means union of the immortal elements within a human being with the cosmic elements of immortality. Yoga is a process of attaining the union of jeevatma (the soul of living beings) with parmatma (the ultimate soul). This core idea also led to a belief-system, which decided the ultimate utility and purpose of all lives. Yogic philosophy presents a self-evident and self-corroborative idea of why and what is the true way of living one’s life.

The core idea was tested empirically in the social milieu. The best laboratory to test and validate any idea empirically is the human body-mind mechanism itself. The patterns of human action and behavior corroborated the idea and they finally became a social practice and part of the larger culture of that time. The culture this core idea evolved, accepted that in life, everyone is naturally inclined to maximize joys and minimize pains. It was accepted that self-welfare is the cardinal goal of life for every living being and this is attainable through self-interface or self-dialogue (aatma-sakchhatkar).

The wise of our civilization empirically observed that living beings are in constant and causative relationship with elements of nature. This nature also exists in microcosmic form within living beings. In nature, there are both mortal and immortal elements. They observed that mortal elements are usually expressed in tangible matter and immortal ones in intangible form. They deciphered that human being could attain their lasting and continuous wellness only when they establish a relationship with immortal and intangible elements of nature and life. The philosophy they engendered says �" True And Lasting Relationship Can Happen Only Between Similar And Generic Elements.

This is the idea, yogic philosophy practices in totality and perfection. Yogic philosophy maintains that even the matter shall finally lead to a-matter, tangible shall lead to intangible and mortal elements shall lead to immortal elements. This is because, empirically, true and lasting relationship can happen only between similar and generic elements. The five senses of body mechanism shall initially orient a person to consumption and gratification. However, the same five senses automatically and finally leads to the realization that these consumptions and gratifications are ephemeral and mortal.

This is self-evident and self-corroborative as every human knows that mortality is inevitable and the ultimate realism. Yogic philosophy admits it as self-evident for all that all pleasures of body and all joys of gratifications have the inbuilt and inherent energy advocating against it. The energies of attachments and gratifications are entwined with the inverse energies of detachment and renunciation. That is why, within a human being, the desire and will to have a life of absolute detachment and renunciation is as powerful as the desire and will for a life of attachment and gratification. The philosophy, which enshrines the ideals of purpose of life as attainment of perpetuity of wellness, therefore extends this empirically self-evident and self-corroborative fact. It says that every human being should consciously opt for a relationship with only the intangibly expressed continuous and immortal elements of nature, both within the nature of the body-mind consciousness as well as the nature outside in physically and tangibly expressed domain. It says that anyone can decipher the practical realism that the flow of energy of gratification is also joyous but it ends up in the finality of pain and emptiness. Whereas, the energy flow of detached consciousness keeps augmenting like a flame in the fireplace, which is self-energized by constant offering of renounced elements of consciousness.

There is this very pragmatic and self-evident realism that the powerful energy of joy in consumption and gratification is entwined with its end in pain and discontinuity. There is this famous metaphor of equating it with the joy of itching. It starts with so much pleasure when we scratch an itch. If we continue with it, it finally ends up in sharp pain and even bleeding in very short time. The idea is that the very core and perennial realization of painful mortality and regret of any gratification joy, even while we are at the peak of its enjoyment is there from the very start. The fruit of gratification has seeds of pain and regret of its inevitable discontinuity loaded within it.

Yogic philosophy lists three broad types of grief and pain for humans. As it is the essential nature of a tangible gratification element, the person who starts enjoying it has this grief and pain well on in his or her mind that this joy shall finally land him or her in trouble. It is in fact instantaneous. People globally know that more people are dying because of overeating and overindulgence. The moment you overeat, you start feeling uneasy. As is human instinct, there is also a sense of guilt after the action, which we happily ignore but it is stored in the subconscious. This is first type of grief.

The second grief emanates out of the mortality and discontinuity of the very element of tangible gratification. If I have million dollars, I am always stressed and in perpetual consternation that this money I may lose in business or in other way. Worse, the moneys may be robbed or authorities may take it away as tax. Worst enough; I am also unhappy that my neighbor probably has more wealth and better prospect of being wealthier than me.

The third grief is that when I have once got the taste of a particular gratification, it is stored in my memory and subconscious mind. When finally the gratification is no more available to me, its memory becomes an excruciating source of grief and pain.

So, what we are trying to arrive at by mentioning this idea about ‘I-Mortality’, which classical spiritual philosophy has documented well, is a ‘causality’ between tangible and intangible. We have already talked about how consciousness itself has this dialectic energy of entropy-expansion leading to entropy-suppression. This idea of ‘I-Mortality’ emphasizes the reality that as mortality is entrenched deep in our subconscious mind states, this unleashes ‘Causalities’ in our conscious state. What we require to do is consciously re-design and ‘re-shape’ this ‘I-Mortality’ element to help us remain in stable and sustained homeostatic equilibrium, physically, emotionally, intellectually, psychologically and spiritually.

*****

 

 

 

Accept My Gratitude

Writing something is a daunting task as there is always a lurking apprehension of it not being of utility for some readers. I however feel at ease, because of my faith in magnanimity of readers. I am happily sure; you shall forgive if my efforts could not be up to your expectations. Thank you so much for being with me and allowing me to share with you. Wish you an empowered life; with the prosperity of the consciousness.

***

 

 

 

About The Author

People say, what conspire to make you what you finally become are always behind the veil of intangibility. Someone called it ‘Intangible-Affectors’. Inquisitiveness was the soil, I was born with and the seeds, these intangible-affectors planted in me made me somewhat analytical. My long stint in media, in different capacities as journalist, as brand professional and strategic planning, conspired too! However, I must say it with all innocence at my behest that the chief conspirators of my making have been the loads of beautiful and multi-dimensional people, who traversed along me, in my life journey so far. The mutuality and innocence of love and compassion always prevailed and magically worked as the catalyst in my learning and most importantly, unlearning from these people. Unconsciously, these amazing people also worked out to be the live theatres of my experiments with my life’s scripts. I, sharing with you as a writer, is essentially my very modest way to express my gratitude for all of them. In my stupidities is my innocence of love for all my beautifully worthy conspirators!

**

 

Other Titles By Santosh Jha

Related eBooks

Fiction

Non-Fiction

 

Do Write To Me.

[email protected]



© 2021 Santosh Jha


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

33 Views
Added on August 24, 2021
Last Updated on August 24, 2021
Tags: Health, self-healing awareness, wellness, conscious empowerment


Author

Santosh Jha
Santosh Jha

Dehradun, Uttrakhand, India



About
Author, Poet, Journalist, Confabulator I may have written 47 eBooks but I believe, I am more an affectionate and compassionate confabulator, not truly a writer in traditional sense of the term. It .. more..

Writing