Silhouette dreams 2

Silhouette dreams 2

A Chapter by forbiddendreamer

"You do realize why you've been brought here," the man behind the desk asked me and I simply shook my head in denial; my voice seemed to fail me under his scrutinizing stare. He started to shuffle through the papers on his desk only stopping when he found the file that he was looking for and he quickly flipped through the file. "It says here that you killed someone," the man closed the file and placed it in front of him, "A year ago you were found guilty and sent to the dungeon to await your punishment."

"I never killed anyone," I blurted out before I was able to stop myself. I quickly covered my mouth with my hand, I knew it was not smart to mouth off to the executor. He tilted his head to the side as if he was amused by my out burst while the man beside me stood as still as a stone, he face never changing.

"I'm giving you a choice," the man from behind the desk stood and walked over to the front side of the desk, "The choice to live or die." I started to open my mouth but once he spoke of my death I quickly shut it and listened to him intently.

"Do you remember who I am," he asked me and I shook my head 'no'. "My name is Damien Rosenberg, we met at your sentencing but you don't seem to remember much from that time. May I ask, what do you remember?"

"Being locked up in a dungeon," I said in a quite voice.

"Before that?"

"Nothing...it's all a blur," my voice's volume kept decreasing because the more I talked the more I seemed like a little child answering questions.

"Interesting," he turned to the stone of a man that stood next to me, "Kein, who visited this girl before she came here?"

"Only the servant who serves her food," he said after a little thought.

"I was not hoping for that answer," Damien sighed, "Bring that servant here Kein, I would like to have a word with him."

"Yes sir," Kein saluted before going to fetch the servant. Once Kein was gone and out the door the room became filled with awkward silence. Damien went back to doing his work while I stood there, too scared to speak.

Minutes past and we stood there in silence, Kein soon reentered with the servant following. I let out a sigh of relief as all the focus was now on the food servant. "Oh so it is you Chaz," Damien said from behind his seat, "I should have suspected it from the beginning. What kind of pills have you put into Erin's food."

"I don't know," Chaz sounded scared, "I haven't been serving little missy here."

"Your supposed to be," Kein's voice was dangerous.

Damien put up his hand to stop Kein before he started, "So you've been neglecting your duties," Damien asked Chaz.

"He hasn't," I spoke up, "I've had food everyday!" I once again threw my hands over my mouth and went silent. Damien, Chaz, and Kein ignored my out burst and continued with their accusations.

"So you have been neglecting your duties," Damien accused.

"I have not!"

"Then how was Erin getting her daily meal?"

"Karin took over my duties," Chaz yelled at him. As soon as the words left his mouth he regretted it, he quickly covered his mouth with his hands.



© 2009 forbiddendreamer


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

118 Views
Added on April 7, 2009


Author

forbiddendreamer
forbiddendreamer

Kissimmee, FL



About
I'm Adreana and that's one true fact. I'm a 17 and still trying to get through high school. I'm a musician but I still like the other artistic professions. There's not much to me, so this is all yo.. more..

Writing