Muted Resentment 3

Muted Resentment 3

A Chapter by forbiddendreamer

I was thrown into complete shock once more, this could not be happening, I kept thinking to myself as I lay in that bed. I hated this; it was not far nothing was on my side. My voice was gone, my parents sold me, my brother did nothing to stop them, I’m in this weird place, and I’m told to clean for the rest of my life but tears still refused to come.

When morning came there was violent knocking on my door, I quickly scrambled out of my bed and answered it. “Hurry and get ready,” the violent woman from yesterday said once she saw me at the doorway. “Rose, calm down,” Caleb said as he stood behind her. I closed the door in their face and took a quick shower, I changed into the servant’s uniform and met Caleb and Rose in the hallway.

“Today you shall be learning about your new trade,” Rose said with anger in her voice. It was as if anger was her only emotion and it loved to follow her everywhere. “Which means that Caleb will be teaching you about your new responsibilities and how you’re supposed to act and behave around the Greeley’s,” she said ignoring my silence. I nodded my head though she could not see me, she lead us to the library where she left us as fast as she could.

It’s like she thinks we’ll give her a disease, I thought to myself. I turned to look at Caden and as I looked at him it became harder to believe we were the same age; he was way to mature.

I stayed in my spot as he pulled some books off of the shelf and stacked them on a table. “You will study these books while I’m at duty,” he said, “If you have any questions ask tomorrow during cleaning duty, at the appropriate times since now is the last time I’ll see you for today.” I went to scream wait but my voice no longer worked so I just looked like an idiot with my mouth open and my hand stretched out to grab him. I quickly pulled myself together as he turned to me, “Got it,” I simply nodded then he left me in the library.

Everyone here is so mean, I thought to myself as I walked over to the stack of books that he left for me. For the next couple of hours I sat there and studied all the books he gave to me, I also skipped over the parts of the books that did not seem all too important to make my reading faster. I was so busy fighting off sleep I did not realize when Ashton walked into the library.

“So this is where you’ve been,” his voice startled me and I recognized who it was as soon as he spoke, I quickly stood up and bowed in his presence. My quick movements caused all of the books to scatter all over the floor around me; I quickly bent down and picked them all up. “Have you been studying your new position,” he asked me as he looked through the shelves. I nodded once more and he caught my answer with the corner of his eye.

He turned to me, “Why won’t you say a word…I wonder.” I opened my mouth to answer him when I remembered I no longer had a voice, I quickly shut my mouth and finished picking up the books that surrounded me.

Once all the books were picked up and back on the table I looked up at him and he stared back at me, curiosity was burning in his eyes. I looked away and started to put the books back in there respective places on the bookshelf. Once I was finished I bowed to him and started to head out of the room, he caught my arm, “You never answered why you still don’t speak.”

I turned to him and simply smiled as he let my arm go, taking the chance I ran for it. I was not sure why I ran but at the moment I felt as if running was my only option, my gut was telling me that no one could find out yet.

I ran to my room not even turning around to see if someone was following me or to worry about my punishment for my actions. I quickly locked the door behind me and ran over to my room window; I threw it open and let the air hit my face. As soon as the wind hit my face and made my hair dance around, my mind started to race. My voice has left me and I just ran from my boss, I thought frantically, I didn’t even think about the consequences. Just then there was a knock on my door and everything around me seemed to stop, I walked slowly to the door.

I opened it to find an unfamiliar face on the other side of the door; it was another boy about my age.”Hello,” his voice was cheerful, “Master Ashton sent me to come get you.” I was smiling at him but once his said Ashton my smile just slid right off my face. I walked out into the hallway to join the boy and shut the door behind me and followed him through the halls. “My name is Dylan,” he said as we walked, “I’m sixteen and I’ve only been here for about a year but I really like it.”

He went on and on while I occasionally nodded. He did not seem to mind that I never spoke a word as he went on and on, his talking bored me but I could not say anything to stop him; the irony in this situation. We soon came to a stop in front of double doors, the door reached the ceiling and I could not help but to wonder how he was going to open it.

He simply pushed on the door and it gently swung open, it looked as if it took no effort on Dylan’s part. “Ah you’ve finally arrived,” my hair on the back of my neck stood up straight as I heard my mother’s voice. I looked up to see her sitting elegantly with father by her side and Ashton sitting across from them. I fought hard to keep my jaw from falling open as I stared at her and I fought hard to keep the tears back.

What does the stupid b***h want with me after already selling me away like some possession, I thought to myself. I could not help but to feel hate towards the woman and man who sold me to complete strangers. I wanted to hate them but all I felt was sad and hated instead of the much wanted resentment. “Get over here,” mother ordered and I did as I was told.



© 2009 forbiddendreamer


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

109 Views
Added on April 7, 2009


Author

forbiddendreamer
forbiddendreamer

Kissimmee, FL



About
I'm Adreana and that's one true fact. I'm a 17 and still trying to get through high school. I'm a musician but I still like the other artistic professions. There's not much to me, so this is all yo.. more..

Writing