Grandparent's House

Grandparent's House

A Story by Eva Andrae
"

This is something I wrote a long time ago. I was trying to make a song out of it but it really turned into just a small story. It has to do with my memories of my grandparents I no longer have.

"
They say a place grows on you after a while and it's hard to let it go. One day when you least expect it you go to that dark empty house that you grew up going to. Suddenly all of the memories flow through your mind. You sit at the table where most memories were made. The spot that grandma put the big blue pan with savory ribs many times. There's also that famous scent that still roams throughout the house. How about that car that grandpa drove so many times and that huge old tree sitting right in the front yard. That tree has been in so many generations of pictures. Oh, and that infamous junk room? They were such hoarders, but God I love and miss them.

© 2023 Eva Andrae


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Yes I agree
Though I lived and was raised in my grandparents home by my parents as they cared for him
Loved your story

Posted 12 Months Ago


Thank you for sharing! Luckily my mom acquired my Grandparents home after their passing and I miss her home cooked meals. She made these yeast rolls that everyone still talks about to this day and when she baked her peach cobbler.....oh man! I miss her love and hugs and singing. Grandpa was my sports guy where we would watch the Cowboys and wrestling.

Posted 12 Months Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

29 Views
2 Reviews
Added on May 24, 2023
Last Updated on May 24, 2023

Author

Eva Andrae
Eva Andrae

Lubbock, TX



About
I have an Associate's Degree in Science and hope to work on my Bachelor's in the near future in Zoology. I love to write as a hobby and I have a very creative mind. I hope others can enjoy my work as .. more..

Writing