The Animal I Have Become.

The Animal I Have Become.

A Poem by T. Wes Smith

Entrenched in my heartache, and seething from your deceit, your wicked words only building me up to fall from my feet, devoured in jealousy, shrouded from your secrecy, this time you cannot blame this on me, you’ve punctured my veins, bled them dry, like the vampire, you’ve stolen my decencies, now blame me, twist it like you always do, tell me how I never deserved you, I cannot fight it, you’re right, this time, I feel the same as you do, I don’t deserve your games, your demanded jaded love, infested with false idea’s and ulterior motives, I deserve true unwavering love, like I had offered you, spin it in your mind, manifesting it to your whim, the light I saw in your eyes has started to dim, your claims of clarity that your words describe flowing so easily like water, when in truth your mind was much darker. You’ve driven me back to that which I never wanted to go back, the animal unforgiving seeing that you all are of a different species, cold blooded, silver tongued suited for destruction, you bend the rules as your needs and wants demand, playing any good man for a fool, as you ask where the same type of men reside, refusing to see what is in front of you, that is why I must exist, to give them some of their own medicine. At last you have created the predator to prey on the Praying Mantis, to let the black widow taste her own venom. Watch in wonder as you take credit in the creation of the animal I have become.

© 2011 T. Wes Smith


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Thank you so much everyone, for you kind words.

Posted 12 Years Ago


wow this is REALY good.You can actully feel the pain in the words

Posted 12 Years Ago


very good

Posted 12 Years Ago


I liked the poem....
The feelings of pain and power were spun gorgeously in your write (which is a very hard task to do)
the sadness and determination to revenge creates the main essence. It was sad but extremely well penned write. Great Job!!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

249 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 15, 2011
Last Updated on December 15, 2011

Author

T. Wes Smith
T. Wes Smith

Columbus, OH



About
I am from Ohio, i love to write, tell me what you think, I am closing my read request because they are hard to keep up with while being stuck out here working my a*s off, plus I refuse to answer to re.. more..

Writing